Wack or Not: Wiz Khalifa in 2014

Options

Comments

• fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    I think the ? wiz has dropped lately has been hot. Not kush and oj but great riding music. To each his own I guess
    what new ? ?

Check out the joint in my sig just cut it off after Wiz's verse no need to listen to Berner.

I listened to that when u posted it a few days ago, and I turned it off half way thru. Song is mad generic and boring .
  • IResearch
    IResearch Members Posts: 287 ✭✭
    Options
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the ? wiz has dropped lately has been hot. Not kush and oj but great riding music. To each his own I guess
    what new ? ?

Check out the joint in my sig just cut it off after Wiz's verse no need to listen to Berner.

I listened to that when u posted it a few days ago, and I turned it off half way thru. Song is mad generic and boring .

tell me if u think this verse is dope or not if u say its not than idk what else to tell u lol
    http://youtu.be/YoX7EvOEo8g
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    wiz-khalifa1.jpg
    Wiz-Khalifa_2011-03-22_photoby_Adam-Bielawski.jpg
    Smoke-Out.jpg
    Screen%20Shot%202014-01-03%20at%2010.52.30%20AM.png

This ? was always wack but he was I guess listenable back before like 2011

I forget hes a rapper at times and he sound like he raps just for the money and not to be the best at anything.

But in 2014 you can see the larry holmes disease in full effect

Truthfully
    I find it odd when people ? with Currensy but not Wiz (and vice versa)
    These ? are practically the same
    One is just more versatile and the other is more lyrical
    The bold could be true now but back before he blew up I think he rapped with more intent to be considered the best as opposed to now. I would post something but these threads always get turned into the same thing so...
  • lookdude
    Options
    I will admit if a ? fell off wayne used to be my favorite rapper but i can admit that ? fell off and I don't ? with his music like that anymore

Wiz been consistent since kush & oj and still drops gems.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    Options
    GodGivBiz wrote: »
    I am your father threadstarter.
    wut..?
  • fuc_i_look_like
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »
    what new ? ?

tell me if u think this verse is dope or not if u say its not than idk what else to tell u lol

his verse was short af, but it was ight tho.
  • lookdude
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »
    what new ? ?

his verse was short af, but it was ight tho.

And I bet that's your first time hearing that verse huh ? Cuz Wiz got lots of dope verses and songs he's dropped on a underground level that I bet you haven't heard. you just basing your opinion probably on the mainstream stuff you don't like from him
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wiz-khalifa1.jpg
    Smoke-Out.jpg

I forget hes a rapper at times and he sound like he raps just for the money and not to be the best at anything.

Truthfully
    The bold could be true now but back before he blew up I think he rapped with more intent to be considered the best as opposed to now. I would post something but these threads always get turned into the same thing so...

Ehhh yeah but with Curren$y I enjoy his music because its relaxing and its chill but at the same time that ? makes me wanna be successful so I can live that chill life. Plus hes more lyrical like you said and I just fill he is more real than wiz. Maybe its good that spitta never really blew up in the mainstream.Thing is, I didnt like wiz before he blew up at all so I guess you could say I never really ? with him. Only solo song of wiz I have is young boy talk which is from that deal or no deal tape.

I listen to wiz rap and I be like "yeah w/e ? " like it just lacks substance
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    wiz-khalifa1.jpg
    Smoke-Out.jpg

Truthfully

Ehhh yeah but with Curren$y I enjoy his music because its relaxing and its chill but at the same time that ? makes me wanna be successful so I can live that chill life. Plus hes more lyrical like you said and I just fill he is more real than wiz. Maybe its good that spitta never really blew up in the mainstream.Thing is, I didnt like wiz before he blew up at all so I guess you could say I never really ? with him. Only solo song of wiz I have is young boy talk which is from that deal or no deal tape.

But so does Currensy lol
    They rap bout the same exact things to a tee.
    Currensy's music is relaxing, chill & makes you wanna be successful so you can live that life; you can say the same thing about Wiz's music. Spitta could never really blow up cause he doesnt have alot of crossover appeal. Funny thing is; give him the right label situation, I dont see why he couldnt make a song like "Hey Ma" and not gain success from it. Anyways theres a reason why these ? get along so well & when they make music they have perfect chemistry.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't relate to these ? that judge rappers based off looks like a female would.

Wiz has always maintained a dope and versatile flow but his content is severely lacking. If he expanded his subject matter I would be willing to put him in the same breath as Cole, Kendrick, KRIT, and to a slightly lesser extent, Meek, Drake, and Wale.

I look at Wiz like I look at Tyga.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    I can't relate to these ? that judge rappers based off looks like a female would.

Wiz has always maintained a dope and versatile flow but his content is severely lacking. If he expanded his subject matter I would be willing to put him in the same breath as Cole, Kendrick, KRIT, and to a slightly lesser extent, Meek, Drake, and Wale.

Bold is truth
    Idk about that Tyga comparison tho.
  • lookdude
    Options

He does it too... veryRarely though basically only when he has to.

? like this, probably his best verse he's ever spit

http://youtu.be/jOFjSmwfFLY
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curren$y >> Wiz and it's not close. Spitta mentored that ? . if we already got curren$y the ? we need wiz for? They talk about the same ? .
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Curren$y >> Wiz and it's not close. Spitta mentored that ? . if we already got curren$y the ? we need wiz for? They talk about the same ? .

In what realm is it not even close?
    Currensy isnt near as versatile as Wiz
    But you can absolutely take Currensy off a song & put Wiz over it and it'll be essentially the same track.
    This other bold makes no sense. If we got Jay ? we need Pusha T/Rick Ross/ & a million other rappers for?
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wiz-khalifa1.jpg
    Smoke-Out.jpg

Truthfully

C/S
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »

In what realm is it not even close?
    Currensy isnt near as versatile as Wiz
    But you can absolutely take Currensy off a song & put Wiz over it and it'll be essentially the same track.
    This other bold makes no sense. If we got Jay ? we need Pusha T/Rick Ross/ & a million other rappers for?

Wiz absolutely brings nothin original to a track. Curren$y brings his own unique style, cadence and flow to songs. Wiz does his fake ass lil wayne giggle and a somewhat quicker flow but that's about the only difference between the two.

We already got smooth stoner/rappers in fact counting Devin & Snoop we got more than enough cool stoners, what purpose does wiz serve? What is unique about him as a rapper? He just coping other ? .

That's my point. Among people who do the same content as wiz he is at the bottom. I see no purpose for dude.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    feelings are starting to be caught..I didnt want this lol
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He was always wack to me
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The curren$y vs. wiz debate always comes up. The thing is you can have two ? with the same content and one can do it in a more creative/lyrical way. Perfect example is jay(yes I know jay is one of the g.o.a.t.s.). But Jay raps about money all the ? time, the thing is he does it in a creative/lyrcal way(at lease the old jay). Spitta is way more witty than wiz and he sticks to what people like from him. Wiz is damn near pop now.
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wiz-khalifa1.jpg
    Smoke-Out.jpg

Truthfully

But so does Currensy lol
    They rap bout the same exact things to a tee.
    Currensy's music is relaxing, chill & makes you wanna be successful so you can live that life; you can say the same thing about Wiz's music. Spitta could never really blow up cause he doesnt have alot of crossover appeal. Funny thing is; give him the right label situation, I dont see why he couldnt make a song like "Hey Ma" and not gain success from it. Anyways theres a reason why these ? get along so well & when they make music they have perfect chemistry.

you do know spitta is signed to a major right?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Wiz is WACK to me in 2014. I knew he would never top Kush & OJ and Mezmorized. Curren$y n Wiz musta done like 100 songs together but i always thought Spitta was on another level. imho the monotone voice and rhyme schemes doesn't "click" for certain people. I think both are dope as hell tho

He full blown "they shoulda never gave you ? money" status now lol believing he wealthy and ? lol.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a super ? head but the best weed ever wont make me like his music.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Wack... in any ? year
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options