Iran says warships sailing towards U.S...........But you still won't believe the prophets?

Options

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    How can a mega attack like that from such a massive army be unexpected with all of the technology and man power that we have? People think our Govt only spying on us? Nah, sure u can have things like 9/11 happen but to annihilate the most powerful country in the world? I don't see it playa, call me naive.
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Define most highest on Earth. Exemplifying NASA as a tool to "mount up to heaven" is semantic in the fact there's a powerful country with space capabilities. Anything outside the obvious is interpretation my dude. That's YOU adding YOUR mess to it. If the bible is what it says it is, then let it be that. With or without evangelists on a soap box the prophecies should self-fulfilling, right?

It's called heremeneutics. Have you heard of it my friend? You know ? gives the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him. And when the Holy Spirit is your teacher, your able to properly put 2 and 2 together. If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and acts like a duck, it's not a pig. Get right my friend. Amen.

And all that sounds nice when you package it up in a fashion like yours. But bare-bone, it's all synonymous interpretation. Your proof ends at the words of another mans interpretation of another persons account of another mans interpretation. Kinda like Kevin Ham, you failed to answer the question. I'm not asking you to disarm your rhetoric of its biblical roots. I'm just asking if everything is how the bible says it will be, is, and always had been. Then why doesn't prayer without works actually work? Why do people feel the need to push an agenda if one or another everything the bible prophecizes is going to happen?

Why?

And if your answers end at "the word of ? ," then realize your telling an audience (believers and non believers) to believe without seeing.

Your ? is fair. But how fair is that?

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    How can a mega attack like that from such a massive army be unexpected with all of the technology and man power that we have? People think our Govt only spying on us? Nah, sure u can have things like 9/11 happen but to annihilate the most powerful country in the world? don't see it playa, call me naive.

Translation: @stew is saying you're full of ? .

Using modern warfare to help your agenda.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Define most highest on Earth. Exemplifying NASA as a tool to "mount up to heaven" is semantic in the fact there's a powerful country with space capabilities. Anything outside the obvious is interpretation my dude. That's YOU adding YOUR mess to it. If the bible is what it says it is, then let it be that. With or without evangelists on a soap box the prophecies should self-fulfilling, right?

It's called heremeneutics. Have you heard of it my friend? You know ? gives the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him. And when the Holy Spirit is your teacher, your able to properly put 2 and 2 together. If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and acts like a duck, it's not a pig. Get right my friend. Amen.

And all that sounds nice when you package it up in a fashion like yours. But bare-bone, it's all synonymous interpretation. Your proof ends at the words of another mans interpretation of another persons account of another mans interpretation. Kinda like Kevin Ham, you failed to answer the question. I'm not asking you to disarm your rhetoric of its biblical roots. I'm just asking if everything is how the bible says it will be, is, and always had been. Then why doesn't prayer without works actually work? Why do people feel the need to push an if one or another everything the bible prophecizes is going to happen?

Why?

And if your answers end at "the word of ? ," then realize your telling an audience (believers and non believers) to believe without seeing.

Because fear equals profit. An ex preacher broke this down to most of us in class. (Not bible school, but regular college)

As Gordon Gecko said in Wall Street: A fisherman always spots another fisherman from afar.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    City=country now?

Objection 2 — “Babylon Is A City, Not A Nation”

By far the most common objection I hear about America being Babylon comes from a fixation on how it is described as a city by Revelation no less than seven times. For example, this verse calls it a city twice:

Revelation 18:10 (HCSB) — They will stand far off in fear of her torment, saying: Woe, woe, the great city, Babylon, the mighty city! For in a single hour your judgment has come.

How do we answer this? Well, first read another one of the “city” verses and notice what the city has:

Revelation 17:18 (HCSB) — And the woman you saw is the great city that has an empire over the kings of the earth.”

Could a mere city rule the world today without a large, major country behind it? Of course, not.

As it turns out, other details point to Babylon as a chief city of a “nation” (Jer 50:12) with farmland (Jer 50:16), and other cities (Jer 50:32; 51:43).

Then why does Revelation call it a city? It seems to be using a common convention in both ancient and modern times to refer to a nation by its chief city. The media today often uses Moscow or Washington to refer to Russia or USA, respectively.

Shouldn't the prophecy refer to Washington, then? Washington may be America's capital, but New York City is America's biggest and most important city for commerce, finance, advertising, etc. It is more distinctive. It is not so strange that a prophecy about America identifies her by her greatest and most distinctive city.

http://www.escapeallthesethings.com/america-mystery-babylon-great.htm
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    What happen to your Syria prophecy from last year?
    or is that still in the making?

"The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap." Isaiah 17:1

The prophecy is yet to be fulfilled. Damascus is the oldest continually inhabited city on planet earth. And one day in the future it will not be. Keep watching and praying. Amen.

so damascus is older than any city in egypt?? wow
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    How can a mega attack like that from such a massive army be unexpected with all of the technology and man power that we have? People think our Govt only spying on us? Nah, sure u can have things like 9/11 happen but to annihilate the most powerful country in the world? I don't see it playa, call me naive.

Because the attack is backed by ? stew. Also the attack doesn't come by a massive army coming ashore and storming the borders. The attack comes from nuclear missiles launched from the nations of the 10 kings.

"53Though Babylon should mount up to heaven, and though she should fortify the height of her strength, yet from me shall spoilers come unto her, saith the LORD.

54A sound of a cry cometh from Babylon, and great destruction from the land of the Chaldeans:

55Because the LORD hath spoiled Babylon, and destroyed out of her the great voice; when her waves do roar like great waters, a noise of their voice is uttered:

56Because the spoiler is come upon her, even upon Babylon, and her mighty men are taken, every one of their bows is broken: for the LORD ? of recompences shall surely requite."
    Jeremiah 51:53-56

The above passage tells us that ? is the one who sends the spoilers to destroy Babylon and none of Babylons defense mechanisms will work. Read the last verse, 56. ? says that every one of Babylons bows (missile defense) is broken. There is no retaliatory strike.

The attack will be cyber first. An EMP will be launched and cyber attacks will destroy all comms in Babylon before the Nukes are dropped. You might want to research what EMP's are and how devastating they can be.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

And all that sounds nice when you package it up in a fashion like yours. But bare-bone, it's all synonymous interpretation. Your proof ends at the words of another mans interpretation of another persons account of another mans interpretation. Kinda like Kevin Ham, you failed to answer the question. I'm not asking you to disarm your rhetoric of its biblical roots. I'm just asking if everything is how the bible says it will be, is, and always had been. Then why doesn't prayer without works actually work? Why do people feel the need to push an agenda if one or another everything the bible prophecizes is going to happen?

Why?

Who said prayer without works doesn't work? And the only agenda that is being pushed is Gods prophetic plan, which in all actuality is being pushed by Him. I'm just a messenger declaring the vision and making it plain. How shall the people believe without a preacher? Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of ? . Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

"The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap." Isaiah 17:1

The prophecy is yet to be fulfilled. Damascus is the oldest continually inhabited city on planet earth. And one day in the future it will not be. Keep watching and praying. Amen.

Damascus, Syria

Damascus is widely believed to be the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world, with evidence of habitation dating back at least 11,000 years. Its location and persistence have made the city a nexus for civilizations come and gone. Today its metropolitan area is home to about 2.5 million people, and in 2008 it was named the Arab Capital of Culture.
  • Roster Player #99
    edited February 2014
    Options

Damascus, Syria

Damascus is widely believed to be the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world, with evidence of habitation dating back at least 11,000 years. Its location and persistence have made the city a nexus for civilizations come and gone. Today its metropolitan area is home to about 2.5 million people, and in 2008 it was named the Arab Capital of Culture.

11,000 yrs old? Not possible, dates in the bible alludes to the earth being 4-6000 yrs old family

And you didnt answer my question.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    The destruction of Babylon the Great is the will, purpose, and plan of ? . That is why it succeeds. Listen to what ? says:

"15And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the ? sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. 16And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the ? , and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. 17For ? hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of ? shall be fulfilled." Revelation 17:15-17

We see in the above passage of scripture that it is ? who puts it into the hearts of the 10 kings to fulfill his will. So what is the will of ? in regards to Babylon the Great? Let ? answer:

"And the land shall tremble and sorrow: for every purpose of the LORD shall be performed against Babylon, to make the land of Babylon a desolation without an inhabitant." Jeremiah 51:29

Gods will is to totally destroy Babylon and leave it annihilated. Why?

"Because of the wrath of the LORD it shall not be inhabited, but it shall be wholly desolate: every one that goeth by Babylon shall be astonished, and hiss at all her plagues." Jeremiah 50:13

Because Gods wrath is being poured out on her in order to judge Babylon the Great for corrupting the whole world.

Amen.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Iran are not the ancient Medes though. Perisa does not equal Media. Smh

The Medes-(from Old Persian Māda-) were an ancient Iranian people who lived in an area known as Media (northern Iran) and who spoke a northwestern Iranian language referred to as the Median language. Their arrival to the region is associated with the first wave of Iranian tribes in the late 2nd millennium BCE (the Bronze Age collapse) through the beginning of the 1st millennium BCE.

Come again?

Medes are the modern day Kurds, iranians are Persians. Media and Persia were two seperate empires. Calling them iranian people are cool cause they are from the same region, had a similar language and all, but fact is media and persia were 2 seperate empires and iran=persia not media.

When the US invaded iraq and the Kurds up north allied with the US, religious nuts said the prophecy is being fullfilled since babylon was in modern day iraq and since the kurds were helping bringing down saddam so they said "the medes are destroying babylon" and that made sense since Kurds, who are a seperate people from Iranians, were attacking Iraq, so Medes were fighting modern day babylon.

But this is nonsense since Iran = Persia and not Media.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Damascus, Syria

11,000 yrs old? Not possible, dates in the bible alludes to the earth being 4-6000 yrs old family

I don't have a dog in the race of young earth/old earth. All I know is that in the beginning ? created it all. How long ago that was, I don't really care. What I do know is that He did it. Amen.

I did answer your question. Reread my response. I also asked you a question.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

Because the attack is backed by ? stew. Also the attack doesn't come by a massive army coming ashore and storming the borders. The attack comes from nuclear missiles launched from the nations of the 10 kings.

"53Though Babylon should mount up to heaven, and though she should fortify the height of her strength, yet from me shall spoilers come unto her, saith the LORD.

54A sound of a cry cometh from Babylon, and great destruction from the land of the Chaldeans:

55Because the LORD hath spoiled Babylon, and destroyed out of her the great voice; when her waves do roar like great waters, a noise of their voice is uttered:

56Because the spoiler is come upon her, even upon Babylon, and her mighty men are taken, every one of their bows is broken: for the LORD ? of recompences shall surely requite."

The above passage tells us that ? is the one who sends the spoilers to destroy Babylon and none of Babylons defense mechanisms will work. Read the last verse, 56. ? says that every one of Babylons bows (missile defense) is broken. There is no retaliatory strike.

The attack will be cyber first. An EMP will be launched and cyber attacks will destroy all comms in Babylon before the Nukes are dropped. You might want to research what EMP's are and how devastating they can be.

That makes much more sense. Thanks for clearly that up. No sarcasm

I still think we'd be able to stop those missiles(most at least) from landing being that we can detect nuclear weapons from ions away.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

The Medes-(from Old Persian Māda-) were an ancient Iranian people who lived in an area known as Media (northern Iran) and who spoke a northwestern Iranian language referred to as the Median language. Their arrival to the region is associated with the first wave of Iranian tribes in the late 2nd millennium BCE (the Bronze Age collapse) through the beginning of the 1st millennium BCE.

Come again?

Medes are the modern day Kurds, iranians are Persians. Media and Persia were two seperate empires. Calling them iranian people are cool cause they are from the same region, had a similar language and all, but fact is media and persia were 2 seperate empires and iran=persia not media.

When the US invaded iraq and the Kurds up north allied with the US, religious nuts said the prophecy is being fullfilled since babylon was in modern day iraq and since the kurds were helping bringing down saddam so they said "the medes are destroying babylon" and that made sense since Kurds, who are a seperate people from Iranians, were attacking Iraq, so Medes were fighting modern day babylon.

The medes and the Persians are linked together. You can't have one without the other. When the Medes are spoken of in the Bible, it is referring to the nation that we know today as Iran. This is basic biblical exegesis. Any scholar will agree on this topic.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

That makes much more sense. Thanks for clearly that up. No sarcasm

I still think we'd be able to stop those missiles(most at least) from landing being that we can detect nuclear weapons from ions away.

No problem my friend.
  • Roster Player #99
    Options

Damascus, Syria

I don't have a dog in the race of young earth/old earth. All I know is that in the beginning ? created it all. How long ago that was, I don't really care. What I do know is that He did it. Amen.

James 2:26 ...."Faith Without Works Is Dead"
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Damascus, Syria

What does that have to do with prayer though? Praying is talking with ? . And working the works of ? is believing on the one whom He sent. If your praying you are working because your believing that ? is real and that He answers prayer. Amen.

"Therefore they said to Him, "What shall we do, so that we may work the works of ? ?" 29Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of ? , that you believe in Him whom He has sent." John 6:28-29
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Come again?

The medes and the Persians are linked together. You can't have one without the other. When the Medes are spoken of in the Bible, it is referring to the nation that we know today as Iran. This is basic biblical exegesis. Any scholar will agree on this topic.

The biblical record is wrong. World history is the Perisa and Media are two seperate nations existed at the same time and they were at war a lot.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How do black "Christians" reconcile the fact that this religion was forced unto them by oppressors?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Come again?

The biblical record is wrong. World history is the Perisa and Media are two seperate nations existed at the same time and they were at war a lot.

https://bible.org/seriespage/chapter-vi-medes-and-persians

You need to do some more studying my friend.
  • Roster Player #99
    Options

Damascus, Syria

What does that have to do with prayer though? Praying is talking with ? . And working the works of ? is believing on the one whom He sent. If your praying you are working because your believing that ? is real and that He answers prayer. Amen.

"Therefore they said to Him, "What shall we do, so that we may work the works of ? ?" 29Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of ? , that you believe in Him whom He has sent." John 6:28-29

And thats why I asked the question: For you to tell me my interpretation of a verse of the bible is incorrect. I can never fight verse against verse in the bible because they'll always be vague enough to contradict one another if need be. This is where a lot of christian views seem so fallible because they are fluid in meaning. Im not sacrilegious so I'll never say the bible is wrong, its not my goal to disprove it. I will question it whenever something doesnt add up.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    How do black "Christians" reconcile the fact that this religion was forced unto them by oppressors?

Nothing was forced upon me. I freely accepted the LORD Jesus Christ as my personal LORD and Savior. And because I have my sins are forgiven and I have eternal life. Do you know Him today?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Damascus, Syria

And thats why I asked the question: For you to tell me my interpretation of a verse of the bible is incorrect. I can never fight verse against verse in the bible because they'll always be vague enough to contradict one another if need be. This is where a lot of christian views seem so fallible because they are fluid in meaning. Im not sacrilegious so I'll never say the bible is wrong, its not my goal to disprove it. I will question it whenever something doesnt add up.

Context determines the meaning of a verse. Faith without works is dead. No one is saying that is wrong. But How can you have saving faith if you don't believe on the Son of ? ? The works is belief on and in the Son of ? , who produces the good fruit in a believers life through faith. Faith and works go hand in hand and they are predicated on belief in and on the Son of ? .
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nothing was forced upon me. I freely accepted the LORD Jesus Christ as my personal LORD and Savior. And because I have my sins are forgiven and I have eternal life. Do you know Him today?

are u trying to insinuate that u went on a spiritual journey and researched the various religions of the world and found "Christianity"?
    lol. who put you on, bruh?