Iran says warships sailing towards U.S...........But you still won't believe the prophets?

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    stop fear mongering. fear is not the spirit of ? .

You keep talking about fear? Why you scared? Nothing to be scared of when you follow what ? tells you to do.

"Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man." Luke 21:36

Be a doer of the word and not just a hearer only. Amen.

I am not scared and unlike you I am not clamoring for doomsday like a madman or spreading fear

people trying to predict doomsday is how we ended up with the Jehovah's witnesses. so stop it you can't read the signs of the times so stop trying.

Your not scared but you keep talking about "fear"? Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhttttttt.

Tell me what you have in common with these folks?

Shephatiah the son of Mattan
    Gedaliah the son of Pashur
    Jucal the son of Shelemiah
    Pashur the son of Malchiah

(Hint you can find the answer in Jeremiah 38)

I WAS not talking about me. I was giving my opinion on what your are doing and your motives behind this thread and your are trying to turn it around on me instead of looking at yourself. You are using the "old ? is coming back so you better repent or go to hell tactic" and you are pointing out all these word events to prove this. That is not the positive way to bring people into the fold.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    What happened to 1999? Why are we still here? Not even May 21st 2012? What date do you have now? I wanna play the lotto with your lucky numbers.

I have no dates. I've stated that numerous times. If your looking for dates, you won't find them with me. Only signs of the times. Amen.

So why weren't those signs of the times useful when ? was really popping off like WW2 and WW1 which both involved the middle east? You don't have a date or time.

The Bible gives the answer. And guess what? I highlighted the answer just in case you might miss it.

"And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8All these are the beginning of sorrows." Matthew 24:6-8

Might be time for you to start studying the scriptures. Amen.

How convenient. You out here speaking on rumors of war so maybe it's time for you to stuff it until all of of these things come to pass. You seem to think that every threat that's made is a start of the apocalypse yet we've seen a number of those things occur all in the same year, and no apocalypse.
  • zombie
    Options
    stop fear mongering. fear is not the spirit of ? .

You keep talking about fear? Why you scared? Nothing to be scared of when you follow what ? tells you to do.

"Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man." Luke 21:36

Be a doer of the word and not just a hearer only. Amen.

I am not scared and unlike you I am not clamoring for doomsday like a madman or spreading fear

people trying to predict doomsday is how we ended up with the Jehovah's witnesses. so stop it you can't read the signs of the times so stop trying.

Jehovah's witnesses do not predict a doomsday tho...

The jehovah's witnesses was started by a millennialist who thought the world was going to end in 1914
  • zombie
    Options
    How do black "Christians" reconcile the fact that this religion was forced unto them by oppressors?

Because it's 2014 and no body makes black christians believe anything people choose to believe or not
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited February 2014
    Options
    How do black "Christians" reconcile the fact that this religion was forced unto them by oppressors?

Because it's 2014 and no body makes black christians believe anything people choose to believe or not

Are you saying parents and community don't have an effect on the outcome of people belief? There hasn't been a broken line since it was forced upon us and it has been used overwhelmingly as a foundation for all black life since. I've been told that racism doesn't exist in 2014 either.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

how do black "Christians" reconcile the fact that their religion was forced unto their ancestors and passed down through generations?
  • zombie
    Options

how do black "Christians" reconcile the fact that their religion was forced unto their ancestors and passed down through generations?

I already answered this question and as for me this is not my families original religion we chose to convert to this.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    so u chose to convert to a "religion" that was forced upon your ancestors because why?
    its a simple question. don't try to b clever.
  • zombie
    Options

Are you saying parents and community don't have an effect on the outcome of people belief? There hasn't been a broken line since it was forced upon us and it has been used overwhelmingly as a foundation for all black life since. I've been told that racism doesn't exist in 2014 either.

This religion was never forced on me and mine and anyway today i practice a form of christinity that is very different from what most americans practice.
  • zombie
    Options
    so u chose to convert to a "religion" that was forced upon your ancestors because why?
    its a simple question. don't try to b clever.

You forget who you are talking to i am a jamaican maroon we worshipped our ancestors for centuries
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    aight, so u not gonna answer... aight...
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited February 2014
    Options

This religion was never forced on me and mine and anyway today i practice a form of christinity that is very different from what most americans practice.

Oh so you one of those dudes who think he fly cuz his family escaped the burden of the slave master and imperialist religion. Congrats. Oh wait.
  • zombie
    Options
    aight, so u not gonna answer... aight...

What did i not answer?? you asked me why did i convert to a religion that was forced on my ancestors, but this religion was never forced on my ancestors so your whole ? question does not apply to me. as no white man ever forced ? on me and they did not force ? of my people for very long
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aye @thirdeyefive

Would u consider yourself a spiritual person?

Do you adhere to any religious beliefs?

Just a question....
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    I don't see how people be trying to style like they doing it new new when they just added their own brand stamp of lunacy to the same shiny ? .
  • zombie
    Options

Oh so you one of those dudes who think he fly cuz his family escaped the burden of the slave master and imperialist religion. Congrats. Oh wait.

You are ? right i am very proud of my background and i am proud of the religion i am in today the kind of christianity i am in is cool as ice to me as well as being very african.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    Aye @thirdeyefive

Just a question....

I acknowledge that there exist things that science cannot explain. I don't subscribe to rituals and obsolete folkways and superstition.
  • zombie
    Options
    I don't see how people be trying to style like they doing it new new when they just added their own brand stamp of lunacy to the same shiny ? .

jealousy will get you nothing but shot.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

I see what your religion is teaching you.. I'm not religious, what does jealousy have to do with it? I'm not eager to join your cult of people who shoot those who don't subscribe to their beliefs. That ? is crazy man.
  • zombie
    Options

I see what your religion is teaching you.. I'm not religious, what does jealousy have to do with it? I'm not eager to join your cult of people who shoot those who don't subscribe to their beliefs. That ? is crazy man.

I did not mean literally get shot it was a figure of speech.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aye @thirdeyefive

Just a question....

I acknowledge that there exist things that science cannot explain. I don't subscribe to rituals and obsolete folkways and superstition.

oh ok...

So to ease ur conscience u will admit that we in a sense are spiritual beings and that there may be a ? , but because most religions have a moral code u won't practice them so u can do u? Ok
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited February 2014
    Options

I did not mean literally get shot it was a figure of speech.

You're a wicked man B. Wicked them come..
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I applaud Christians, really. Anybody that has found something worth living for really. So Im not tryin to knock Christianity, theology, science, any religion or whatever. I think the stories from the bible provide a lot of people with a moral compass they probably needed. But its gotten to the point where people are Christian out of fear. They act righteous or are righteous out of fear. Fear of burning in an eternal fire. Not because they fear ? . How the ? do I tell my daughter when she turns 6 or something, that if she doesnt live like x/y/z like the bible says, then shes going to burn in hell? ? that. Thats stupid. Its cruel. And if ? is who yall say ? is then them ? in the bible are lying about ? . He's kind, he's loving, he's this and that. But he makes a man sacrifice his daughter to get ? by a bunch of homosexuals. Kills the ? family. Takes his away his crops, his livelihood, all as a test of faith? That sound like the ? I described earlier? ? no. So somebody lyin.
  • Meta_Conscious
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Aye @thirdeyefive

Just a question....

oh ok...

So to ease ur conscience u will admit that we in a sense are spiritual beings and that there may be a ? , but because most religions have a moral code u won't practice them so u can do u? Ok

my "conscience", as you probably mean it, has nothing to do with it. I believe in universal power/energy that is beyond my current level of comprehension.
    most religions have "moral codes" that are no more than prehistoric folkways. i do not subscribe to irrational baseless ways of life for the sake of doing so.
    ok
  • zombie
    Options
    People who believe in ? as only the universal/power energy or essence, that they cannot hope to understand might as well worship the sun or the supermassive black hole that drives the growth of the galaxy.