Drake worst behavior question

Options
Built 4 cuban linx
Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
Quick question, what the hell does he mean by "Hol up, hol my phone"?

Song is ass btw

Comments

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    Yeah but that ? is random. Has to be more
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Basically, he's a hoe ass ?

Got it ?
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It's like when ? be like "hol my earings girl!"

LMAO!!!

1320851_o.gif
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    So that's it? So this guy just pulled a ? move? I thought there was some other meaning behind it. How the hell hasn't he got ran outta hip hop yet
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quick question, what the hell does he mean by "Hol up, hol my phone"?

Song is ass btw

Have you seen the video? They put a short skit in the song right after that line
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    Nah I never seen the video
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    don't nobody know wtf he talkin bout in that song except drake
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Read it has something to do with those wack ass freestyles he did on hot97 way back reading the ? off his phone. maybe trying to say he ready now. Like "hol dat im about to go in" thats what rapgenius says lololol
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    s.free wrote: »
    Read it has something to do with those wack ass freestyles he did on hot97 way back reading the ? off his phone. maybe trying to say he ready now. Like "hol dat im about to go in" thats what rapgenius says lololol

Actually makes sense now. He's still a ? tho
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sigh. Once again reminds me of some great ? Kanye said back in the day:

'I never explain my lyrics b/c sometimes people decipher it deeper than what it really is, so i dont wanna short change myself'

In other words...stop over-thinking. when he said hol up, hold my phone, thats what he meant.
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall heard Drakes new one.??????Its to the beat of Eminems Cleaining out the closet. Drake goes in with " Im sorry Daaaddy I never meant squirt you. But Im a ? so Im comming out the closet!" Check that ? out ( comming out the closet - Drake - feat Lil b , young thug and Mr Cee
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

'I never explain my lyrics b/c sometimes people decipher it deeper than what it really is, so i dont wanna short change myself'

In other words...stop over-thinking. when he said hol up, hold my phone, thats what he meant.

I don't think anyone has had to decipher a Kanye lyric.
  • S2J
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »

Really...ever, huh. Yall just like to post what sounds trendy...But i've seen what yall said in the 'lyrics that went over your head' thread. So im gonna have to disagree.

Kanye aint Rakim but he aint ass either. He has plenty of jewels in his catalogue
  • GovernmentCheese
    GovernmentCheese Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It means he wants you to hold his phone
  • dwade206
    Options

Really...ever, huh. Yall just like to post what sounds trendy...But i've seen what yall said in the 'lyrics that went over your head' thread. So im gonna have to disagree.

Kanye aint Rakim but he aint ass either. He has plenty of jewels in his catalogue

Get out of your feelings bruh. Just because there are jewels in a verse doesn't mean it has to be deciphered. Also, I never said Kanye was ass.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of kanyes verses on watch the throne were broken down on rapgenius. If some of those break downs were accurate I gotta give props where it's due, it would've went over my head if I had listened to that album more than once.
  • S2J
    Options

Get out of your feelings bruh. Just because there are jewels in a verse doesn't mean it has to be deciphered. Also, I never said Kanye was ass.

Its ok fam u just didnt expect anyone to call u out. I understand

First of all you said ANY. In 10 yrs? obviously you misspoke.

2nd of all if Kanye is in any way an above avg rapper, which he is, you're not gonna.catch ALL the references. If for no other reason, if he's spittin about a personal situation, we as the listener have no choice but to use context clues since we werent there. Thats deciphering.

And thats just decipjering lyrics at face value. When u get into deciphering the meaning BEHIND those lyrics, thats where you're really wrong.
  • dwade206
    Options