dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude is so open minded he cant stand for anything
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    Yes your dog Theodore told me what you make him do with the peanut butter

you would come up with some stupid ass ? like that.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Dude is so open minded he cant stand for anything

explain how what you said makes sense.
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry if i.can't match the biting wit of your pocahantos pun
  • Bodhi
    Options

lol.. I forgive you
  • dwade206
    Options
    Lol, damn he couldn't even understand that simple notion. Couldn't grasp it because it's not a Google lank?
  • Bodhi
    Options

maybe your dog can

Mike-Tyson-clapping-and-laughing.gif
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Lol, damn he couldn't even understand that simple notion. Couldn't grasp it because it's not a Google lank?

or maybe you were trying to be profound and failed. I want you to explain how being open minded means that you don't stand for anything. To me, that doesn't make sense.
  • dwade206
    Options
    Profound? Nah bruh, your giving me too much credit. Keep walking that path of inconsistency and bitterness though.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Profound? Nah bruh, your giving me too much credit. Keep walking that path of inconsistency and bitterness though.

yeah I didn't think you knew what you were talking about.
  • dwade206
    Options
    Typical response for someone who is still searching for the meaning of something so simple.
  • dwade206
    Options
    Keep praising those Google lanks though. I'm out, and ? Bless.
  • Bodhi
    Options
  • ReppinTime
    Options
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    let them athiests cook

(in hell)

it's cool though, because hell doesn't even exist, and I don't mean that as in, "ha, ? doesn't exist, so hell doesn't either."

I mean that as in, some of the ancient forefathers of current Europeans (Romans) seriously ? up on the translations when it came to the parts referring to hell.

People talking about Atheism being a white thing, when they are literally following the biblical text created by white men.

THE PAGAN DOCTRINE OF HELL - Embraced and Christianised by Roman Catholicism
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    okaay wrote: »
    Atheism/Atheist = religion

Maybe even worst, I dont believe in Santa but thats where it ends.

Atheist are in a never ending battle to let you know your wrong and they're right, what's that sound like?

That's ridiculous. There are people with all kinds of different beliefs that do that. It is not something only done by people with strong views in favor or against religion.
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What could an Atheist Club talk about?

Pick one:

Respondents to a survey were less likely to support a kidney transplant for hypothetical atheists and agnostics needing it, than for Christian patients with similar medical needs.

Few politicians have been willing to identify as non-theists, since such revelations have been considered "political suicide". In a landmark move, California Representative Pete Stark came out in 2007 as the first openly nontheistic member of Congress.

In 2009, City Councilman Cecil Bothwell of Asheville, North Carolina was called "unworthy of his seat" because of his open atheism. Several polls have shown that about 50 percent of Americans would not vote for a qualified atheist for president.

A 2006 study found that 40% of respondents characterized atheists as a group that did "not at all agree with my vision of American society", and that 48% would not want their child to marry an atheist. In both studies, percentages of disapproval of atheists were above those for Muslims, African-Americans and homosexuals.

Many of the respondents associated atheism with immorality, including criminal behaviour, extreme materialism, and elitism.

Atheists and atheist organizations have alleged discrimination against atheists in the military, and recently, with the development of the Army's Comprehensive Soldier Fitness program, atheists have alleged institutionalized discrimination.

In several child custody court rulings, atheist parents have been discriminated against, either directly or indirectly. As child custody laws in the United States are often based on the "best interests of the child" principle, they leave family court judges ample room to consider a parent’s ideology when settling a custody case. Atheism, lack of religious observation and regular church attendance, and the inability to prove one's willingness and capacity to attend to religion with his children, have been used to deny custody to non-religious parents.

Prominent atheists and atheist groups have said that discrimination against atheists is illustrated by a statement reportedly made by George H. W. Bush during a public press conference just after announcing his candidacy for the presidency in 1987. When asked by journalist Robert Sherman[disambiguation needed] about the equal citizenship and patriotism of American atheists, Sherman reported that Bush answered, "No, I don't know that atheists should be regarded as citizens, nor should they be regarded as patriotic. This is one nation under ? ."However, Sherman did not tape the exchange and no other journalist reported on it at the time. George H. W. Bush's son, George W. Bush, acknowledged those who do not worship during a November 3, 2004 press conference when he said "I will be your president regardless of your faith... And if they choose not to worship, they're just as patriotic as your neighbor."

The constitutions of these seven US states ban atheists from holding public office:

Arkansas: "No person who denies the being of a ? shall hold any office in the civil departments of this State, nor be competent to testify as a witness in any Court."

Maryland: "That no religious test ought ever to be required as a qualification for any office of profit or trust in this State, other than a declaration of belief in the existence of ? ; nor shall the Legislature prescribe any other oath of office than the oath prescribed by this Constitution.”

Mississippi: "No person who denies the existence of a Supreme Being shall hold any office in this state."[86]North Carolina: "The following persons shall be disqualified for office: First, any person who shall deny the being of Almighty ? ."

South Carolina: "No person who denies the existence of a Supreme Being shall hold any office under this Constitution."

Tennessee: "No person who denies the being of ? , or a future state of rewards and punishments, shall hold any office in the civil department of this state."

Texas: "No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office, or public trust, in this State; nor shall any one be excluded from holding office on account of his religious sentiments, provided he acknowledge the existence of a Supreme Being."

An eighth state constitution discriminates against atheists by affording special protection to theists only.

Pennsylvania: "No person who acknowledges the being of a ? and a future state of rewards and punishments shall, on account of his religious sentiments, be disqualified to hold any office or place of trust or profit under this Commonwealth.

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So going back to the topic... judging by the reactions of the religious-minded people in this thread it should be pretty obvious now why high school atheists might want to form a club where they can have an intelligent conversation that doesn't include ignorant assumptions, feelings-based personal attacks or people getting intellectually backed into corners and then saying some wild ? about how gophers and dogs and bald eagles are religious.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    Go figure wrote: »
    let them athiests cook

(in hell)

it's cool though, because hell doesn't even exist, and I don't mean that as in, "ha, ? doesn't exist, so hell doesn't either."

I mean that as in, some of the ancient forefathers of current Europeans (Romans) seriously ? up on the translations when it came to the parts referring to hell.

People talking about Atheism being a white thing, when they are literally following the biblical text created by white men.

THE PAGAN DOCTRINE OF HELL - Embraced and Christianised by Roman Catholicism

What's with the flags? This is something I uncovered when I was still a Christian, if I'm going to live my life following some ancient book, then I'm going to look into where that book came from, and I discovered the concept of hell is a European thing.

I took this as good news when i was a Christian. "You mean the all loving ? really doesn't torture people? Amazing!"
    The concept of eternal torment in hell is nowhere to be found in the Hebrew and Greek Manuscripts of the Bible, but it is found in the writings of the ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans. For example, Plato (427-347 BC) discusses the concept of hell in his dialogue ‘Gorgias’ where he speaks of eternal punishment.

There can be no doubt that belief in eternal punishment in hell was a pagan belief embraced and Christianised by the church in Rome in the early years of the history of Christianity. Consider this quote from The Schaff-Herzog Encyclopaedia of Religious Knowledge, vol. 12, page 96: Retrieved April 29, 2007.

“During the first five centuries of Christianity, there were six theological schools, of which four (Alexandria, Antioch, Caesarea, and Edessa, or Nisibis) were Universalist; one (Ephesus) accepted conditional mortality; one (Carthage or Rome) taught endless punishment of the wicked.”

It was indeed the Church at Rome which first taught the pagan doctrine of endless punishment of the wicked, under the umbrella of Christianity. The Roman Catholic Latin Church Fathers, Tertullian (160-220 AD), Jerome (347-420 AD) and Augustine (354-430 AD), all strongly believed in the doctrine of hell. These early Latin Church Fathers are highly venerated Roman Catholic saints who believed that ? ’s punishment of unbelievers (all those who reject Roman Catholicism) would be in a hell of everlasting torment.

In 382 AD, Pope Damasus commissioned Jerome to make a revised translation of the Bible in Latin. Jerome, a Roman Catholic by birth, believed in the doctrine of hell and he produced the revised translation of the complete Bible in Latin known as the Latin Vulgate (circa 405 AD).
  • ReppinTime
    Options
    So going back to the topic... judging by the reactions of the religious-minded people in this thread it should be pretty obvious now why high school atheists might want to form a club where they can have an intelligent conversation that doesn't include ignorant assumptions, feelings-based personal attacks or people getting intellectually backed into corners and then saying some wild ? about how gophers and dogs and bald eagles are religious.

Lol your side is the one that made all the assumptions and started insulting. But id love for you to show me where i got "intellectually backed into a corner and responded with wild ? " lol right, meanwhile i swiss cheesed the 'man made ? ' argument and was not rebuttaled ? changed the subject
  • ReppinTime
    Options
    If you want to post walls of off topic google quotes make a new thread
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every time I see Reppin' post, about religion, he deflects and never really responds.
  • ReppinTime
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Every time I see Reppin' post, about religion, he deflects and never really responds.

I've never seen you say anything intelligent and youre white. 2 reasons i don't take
    you seriously. Keep piggybacking since you want form your own arguments
  • Bodhi
    Options

Lol your side is the one that made all the assumptions and started insulting. But id love for you to show me where i got "intellectually backed into a corner and responded with wild ? " lol right, meanwhile i swiss cheesed the 'man made ? ' argument and was not rebuttaled ? changed the subject

proof of an atheist throwing the first shot?

proof of you "Swiss cheesing" anything?