IYO, Has Kanye West fallen off?

Options

Comments

• qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    He needs to shoot his yes men, graduation, the black Friday joints and the dark fantasy joint are crazy now it's just 32bars of some extra ?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Yes
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Yeezus was on a whole other pitiful level of wackness that no artist can ever recover from.

• Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yes
    late registration was the last album i can say i thoroughly enjoyed from him. so yeah, as his sense of fashion became queerer, so did his music ironically enough
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye the goat ? ....FOH with this ? ass thread..... ? even got the president of the United States keeping his name in his mouth ....NH. That's real ? ? ...can't nobody ? with kanye ....Now if we wanna talk about fall offs...LETS TALK ABOUT THAT WACK ASS Life Is WOOD THO..... Damn now that's a ? fall the ? off my ? .....? my dude went from makin ? that sounded like "nasty nas" to puttin out ? that sound like "patti labelles" trash

SMH MY ?

REAL TALK
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Idk if its falling off its just he going to far out trying to be so different that it kinda isnt hip hop anymore

exactly, dude is just trying to hard, and just because someone tries something "new" doesn't mean it's good and in his case it's really bad
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Maybe So
    Kanye the goat ? ....FOH with this ? ass thread..... ? even got the president of the United States keeping his name in his mouth ....NH. That's real ? ? ...can't nobody ? with kanye ....Now if we wanna talk about fall offs...LETS TALK ABOUT THAT WACK ASS Life Is WOOD THO..... Damn now that's a ? fall the ? off my ? .....? my dude went from makin ? that sounded like "nasty nas" to puttin out ? that sound like "patti labelles" trash

SMH MY ?

REAL TALK
    Smack ... Down
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    he needa stop surrounding himself with the lex lugers, tygas and chief keefs and go back to working with the no id's, mos and the talibs... and go back to what he's good at: producing...
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe So
    Since Graduation I've noticed how he has slumped.

808s sucked
    WTT was dope
    MBDTF is ight, overrated but not terrible
    Yeezus IS terrible.

Dude was infallible in 2007, he could do no wrong...but it was about music then. Folks were calling him a ? and saying he was soft but that didn't matter cu his albums were dope as ? . He was a little arrogant but that could be understood for someone who no one had faith in, he had a chip on his shoulder and proved with his first three that he was a really talented dude musically.

Now it's not even about music anymore ? are wrapped up in Kanye the person and not noticing that Kanye the artist has fallin off. He doesn't put the same amount of effort and emotion into this stuff anymore, it's about his profile helping keep him relevant.

The Kanye that made soulful songs with purpose, even if they were lyrically mediocre is gone. Now it's all about being incredibly self-absorbed, attention ? , some faggy fashion stuff and his "swag".

It went from people calling Kanye a genius to Kanye calling Kanye a genius while not maintaining that same quality of music. Dude bought into his own hype and now feels like he can scribble with crayons and call it art, as part is...he right! ? buy into that ? for the same reason ? bought into Wayne calling himself the "best rapper alive" while making ? records about nothing.

I haven't given up on his totally but I'm almost there. Internet memes and all that can't compare to plain good music. When I stopped buying Kanye albums I realized homie ain't been ? and the last one I bought was Graduation.
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    So kanye has put out so much consecutive Wack ? to ask this question? Lol yo? Its one album.. Cruel summer was a compilation so I'm not sweating that..
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    jono wrote: »
    Since Graduation I've noticed how he has slumped.

808s sucked
    WTT was dope
    MBDTF is ight, overrated but not terrible
    Yeezus IS terrible.

Dude was infallible in 2007, he could do no wrong...but it was about music then. Folks were calling him a ? and saying he was soft but that didn't matter cu his albums were dope as ? . He was a little arrogant but that could be understood for someone who no one had faith in, he had a chip on his shoulder and proved with his first three that he was a really talented dude musically.

Now it's not even about music anymore ? are wrapped up in Kanye the person and not noticing that Kanye the artist has fallin off. He doesn't put the same amount of effort and emotion into this stuff anymore, it's about his profile helping keep him relevant.

The Kanye that made soulful songs with purpose, even if they were lyrically mediocre is gone. Now it's all about being incredibly self-absorbed, attention ? , some faggy fashion stuff and his "swag".

It went from people calling Kanye a genius to Kanye calling Kanye a genius while not maintaining that same quality of music. Dude bought into his own hype and now feels like he can scribble with crayons and call it art, as part is...he right! ? buy into that ? for the same reason ? bought into Wayne calling himself the "best rapper alive" while making ? records about nothing.

I haven't given up on his totally but I'm almost there. Internet memes and all that can't compare to plain good music. When I stopped buying Kanye albums I realized homie ain't been ? and the last one I bought was Graduation.

SMH-1_zps2389c3fb.gif
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    MY BEAUTIFUL ? TWISTED FANTASIES WAS ASS....
    I REMEMBER YEARS AGO THEY CALLED SMEARED COW-? ART...
    THAT ALBUM IS THE EQUIVALENT
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    I swear bruh......
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    I say his beliefs on life changed so has his music. I think he is the only artist to make great music no matter what mood he is in.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe So
    Was guna vote no but kanye still can put out one of the best albums. Imo
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Nah don't count him out yet. I bet he'll make another great album.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    I enjoyed most of Late Registration and to me it was his weakest album.

Kanye always been arrogant and outspoken its just.now he's on a more highly.magnified platform. His actions and attitude are nothing.new. Being kanye is what got kanye to the level he's at now.

And to say he fell off is being.ignorant of a hip hop artist's efforts to grow and advance as an artist and use that to branch off into other ventures.

Kanye is a true artist. He expresses himself as he wishes, he's completely original and his albums are a concept, an experience. Not just some.bangers for radio play, some monotonous fillers and an inconsistent flow of vibes.

He's actually spreading hip hop and helping it evolve while the hip hop "purists" are still stuck in that sinking 90's boat while letting chief keef pass freely and bitterly sighing to themselves "kids these days".

U don't have to like yeezus but u can't deny his originality and artistic expression.

And to say he can't spit is ludicrous. U must not know the guy's catalogue thoroughly enough (I.e pre college dropout).
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    I remember being geeked to hear some new Kanye music.

Now, when I see "new music featuring Kanye" I'm like "Meh, I'll wait till it come on the radio."
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    He still hasn't released a solo project I don't ? with, so imma say no
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Yeeeeezus was super dooodooooo
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes

SMH MY ?

REAL TALK

Coming from a ? who would probably pick sand out kanye ? if he asked

Coming from a ? posted a pic of himself buying yeezus 7 times then when he got clowned for it retracted like a ?

Sir I cant take your ? rant serious

Jdstaywitkanyedicckinhismouth no ?
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    ? got 4 or 5 classics. Yeezus is the new 808's. The influence is already starting to be felt. MBDTF was his last solo before that and that was arguably the greatest hip hop album ever. His feature game is a bit lazy but when it comes to albums no one paints a better picture
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd say no cuz he's always been inconsistent on the mic but his production/album dope for the most part.
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    No way this ? fell off he kills every verse and all his tracks entertaining. He doesn't make boring music. Yeezus was different it was an alternative hip hop album but still good IMO.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

SMH MY ?

REAL TALK

Coming from a ? who would probably pick sand out kanye ? if he asked

Coming from a ? posted a pic of himself buying yeezus 7 times then when he got clowned for it retracted like a ?

Sir I cant take your ? rant serious

Jdstaywitkanyedicckinhismouth no ?

tumblr_lpjdqaTT3Y1qfph6q.gif

*fixed*

Dead @ this sassy ass ? .
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    ? got 4 or 5 classics. Yeezus is the new 808's. The influence is already starting to be felt. MBDTF was his last solo before that and that was arguably the greatest hip hop album ever. His feature game is a bit lazy but when it comes to albums no one paints a better picture

#powerfulpost