Do Africans owe us reparations for selling us into slavery?

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anansi wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    African americans came from west africa. Not north, not east but west africa they are not israel why they refuse to accept this is beyond me people just twist and turn the bible to make israel look the way they want.
    Blacks in the americas come from west african

@zombi‌e

now that ur here...ill askk you the question again. I asked in another thread but maybe u missed it.

At any point in history, did the Istaelites travel into the land we call Africa and live amongst the existing tribes whole still holdongon to their own customs?

And if you dispute this fact and ur so big on DNA proof....what do you know about the Lemba tribe who reside all the way in ZIMBABWE?

African americans did not come from zimbabwe. They came from west africa. Yes isralities did go into africa but africa is a big place and there is no proof that they reached west africa in any real numbers. So even if the lemba come from some lost isralite group that would not affect the reality that african americans are not israel.

True...but here is my thing....if the lemba made it all the way to Zimbabwe....how can u ignore the the fact that Israelites could have been in west Africa too?

You have Africans on this board saying that saying it is known that there was separation by tribes and larger tribes would capture SMALLER tribes and then they in turn became the slvae in the north and south America and the islands....

So how can you write that off when or ancestors fit the description of the lost Israelites?

Africans had their own problems amongst each other. Just because africans sold slaves that does not mean that the slaves were israel. There is no physical or any genetic proof that african american ancestors came from the middle east not even east africa.

I have proof that african americans came from west africa you have no physical proof that they came from the so called middle east.

Sometimes your myopic redundant retorts are the reason why people don't want to have a discourse with you. Do you even read before regurgitating the trash you post? His point/argument stems from the fact that, as nomads, they moved freely throughout the continent (hunters/gatherers) settling along river banks etc. so how is not possible that African Americans could be descendants of ancient Khush/Egypt/Israel etc etc. For ? sake, Andamans all the way in India/Southeast Asia share a genetic make up with Africans

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andamanese_people

I know what his ? point is and what I am trying to say is that there is no serious genetic inflow from the middle east therefore african americans cannot be decended from israel. The genetic input from a few nomads is of no importance. And cannot be used to show cultural links between the two groups .
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    African americans came from west africa. Not north, not east but west africa they are not israel why they refuse to accept this is beyond me people just twist and turn the bible to make israel look the way they want.

@zombi‌e

now that ur here...ill askk you the question again. I asked in another thread but maybe u missed it.

At any point in history, did the Istaelites travel into the land we call Africa and live amongst the existing tribes whole still holdongon to their own customs?

And if you dispute this fact and ur so big on DNA proof....what do you know about the Lemba tribe who reside all the way in ZIMBABWE?

African americans did not come from zimbabwe. They came from west africa. Yes isralities did go into africa but africa is a big place and there is no proof that they reached west africa in any real numbers. So even if the lemba come from some lost isralite group that would not affect the reality that african americans are not israel.

True...but here is my thing....if the lemba made it all the way to Zimbabwe....how can u ignore the the fact that Israelites could have been in west Africa too?

You have Africans on this board saying that saying it is known that there was separation by tribes and larger tribes would capture SMALLER tribes and then they in turn became the slvae in the north and south America and the islands....

So how can you write that off when or ancestors fit the description of the lost Israelites?

Africans had their own problems amongst each other. Just because africans sold slaves that does not mean that the slaves were israel. There is no physical or any genetic proof that african american ancestors came from the middle east not even east africa.

I have proof that african americans came from west africa you have no physical proof that they came from the so called middle east.

Sometimes your myopic redundant retorts are the reason why people don't want to have a discourse with you. Do you even read before regurgitating the trash you post? His point/argument stems from the fact that, as nomads, they moved freely throughout the continent (hunters/gatherers) settling along river banks etc. so how is not possible that African Americans could be descendants of ancient Khush/Egypt/Israel etc etc. For ? sake, Andamans all the way in India/Southeast Asia share a genetic make up with Africans

I know what his ? point is and what I am trying to say is that there is no serious genetic inflow from the middle east therefore african americans cannot be decended from israel. The genetic input from a few nomads is of no importance. And cannot be used to show cultural links between the two groups .

If there's a genetic correlation between Jews of ancient biblical times and people all the way down in Rhodesia, how do you dispute the possibility of that happening?
  • zombie
    Options
    @anansi you may not like how I answer people but what I say is the truth so ? you. I can logically stand on all my points and show proof for everything I say. So ? you.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@zombi‌e

you ignoring what im saying tho. But I see where your argument is heading lol. L

use that to ignore what is obvious all you want bruh....

U know ur bring lied to...Lol

Nigeria's Igbo Jews: 'Lost tribe' of Israel?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/01/world/africa/nigeria-jews-igbo/index.html

Lost Jews of Africa

From Ghana to Zimbabwe, Tribes Claim Jewish Heritage

By JTA

Lost Jews: The Lemba people of southern Zimbabwe are one of several scattered African tribes that claim Jewish ancestry.

Filmmaker Laurence Gavron is on a journey to document lost Jewish tribes in Africa.

The French-born Gavron, who has made Senegal her home since 1989, says she was immediately taken by the project, which she says combines her passion for Africa with the mystery of rediscovering Judaism

http://m.forward.com/articles/161092/lost-jews-of-africa/?p=all

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    @‌zombie

The truth is slowly being revealed...and in all honesty, some of these Africans are Israelites too unknowingly just like most "african Americans".

So u mean to tell me there are document tribes in north westr Africa, southern Africa , but mysteriously there aren't any ub west Africa? Lol yeah ok....
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    to quote the great du from like 3 weeks ago

"we ain't the same"
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
  • zombie
    Options
    @‌zombie

The truth is slowly being revealed...and in all honesty, some of these Africans are Israelites too unknowingly just like most "african Americans".

So u mean to tell me there are document tribes in north westr Africa, southern Africa , but mysteriously there aren't any ub west Africa? Lol yeah ok....

Look there is no genetic proof to support your claims period.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    @‌zombie

lol...

Ok im wrong. I prayed for the most high to show me the truth...and thats all I got. So I guess I was wrong and being on this message board discussing it with you. You talk as if u have it all figured out and because u say there is not published publicly disclosed genetic link between "African Americans" and Israelites, its impossible.

As a follower if Christ, u should be willing to help another follower out. Tell me what u have found and why the doctrine I researched and have begun to follow is incorrect? Im lost. Help me out fam....
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »

"we ain't the same"

I want to agree with you bruh but i can literally tell where an African American's heritage might be purely based on physical traits.

@Du_Du move this thread to the Social forum
  • zombie
    Options

@zombi‌e

If there's a genetic correlation between Jews of ancient biblical times and people all the way down in Rhodesia, how do you dispute the possibility of that happening?

All people are related but this does not mean that the jews of bibical times are connected to west africans. That is not how the science works. There has to be serious genetic inflow to prove the conection that the hebrew isralites would like.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »

"we ain't the same"

I want to agree with you bruh but i can literally tell where an African American's heritage might be purely based on physical traits.

@Du_Du move this thread to the Social forum

lol
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So if I read this right what he is saying is that the Argo were the main ones who were both enslaving people from other Igbo subgroups and who sold our ancestors to the white man, but he wants them to pay reparations to the "Igbo nation"? But what about us, the descendants of the people who they sold to the white man?

I'm with you, I'm just not sure how realistic providing some form of compensation
    to all descendants of slaves across the diaspora would be at this time period.

What I do agree with is an acknowledgement of fault (by those responsible)(Aro) / make amends for the past wrong doings that were committed.. for healing purposes. Try to build more bridges and ladders in the process.

Correct the historical record and not blame all Africans (even though those mercenaries from other groups should be indicted aswell regardless of their motivation) and just try to move forward collectively.

• zombie
    Options
    @‌zombie

lol...

Ok im wrong. I prayed for the most high to show me the truth...and thats all I got. So I guess I was wrong and being on this message board discussing it with you. You talk as if u have it all figured out and because u say there is not published publicly disclosed genetic link between "African Americans" and Israelites, its impossible.

As a follower if Christ, u should be willing to help another follower out. Tell me what u have found and why the doctrine I researched and have begun to follow is incorrect? Im lost. Help me out fam....

I have not figured it all out but I have some of it later on when i get to a computer I will help you.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    @‌zombie

lol...

I have not figured it all out but I have some of it later on when i get to a computer I will help you.

im willing to have a discussion about it without being condescending towards your beliefs. But I will say. I've put a lot of study hours into this. It definitely will not be easy to prove that all the documents and booked I've read are all lies....
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Damn. I though I had an aggressive on Africa stance. I wouldn't call ? "spear chuckers" though. Lol

Dont feel bad breh. Africans talk ? about blacks all the time and our Grandmothers and Fathers are the reason they can even get into the ? country without having chains on in the first place. It was BLACK Americans that got us legal equality. Yet if somebody talks ? about blacks to an African you think they give a ? ? NOPE...they'll join right in.

? them ? (in general)...Only contribution to our society is being the ones that sold us in the first place.

#factsonly

COLD BLOODED!!! I do understand your anger though, I felt the same anger when I found out Black Africans sold their own into slavery, and even to the crackas. With that being said, I always said if Europeans owe us reparations, then major African nations, including Nigeria, owe them too. There weren't real nations back then but the Obo tribes and others still are in existence, so something should be paid IF any reparations are paid out.

The one thing I will say though is that African slavery, from research I've done, wasn't as bad as the chattel slavery practiced in the European colonies. If that means anything to you.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ol Jay's wrote: »
    africans sold africans to the white man?

Then that changes everything, the white was entitled to his mistreatment of ? then /sarcasm....foh

On a more serious note I have found a newer respect for drug dealers, pimips, hoes, & criminals...."? THE WORLD" - 2pac

LOL yeah this world is trash bro, ? THE WORLD....nothing in this world makes sense really
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black people wasn't born during slavery.
  • indyman87
    Options
    http://www.slideshare.net/fastasleep3/blackroots-science
    there was a time when we were the only people on earth.
    How many Black people are there on earth today? Over a billion? A billion separate, individual minds means we are divided.
  • indyman87
    Options
    In the beginning, we are told, there is no division. 6. Now this doesn't mean that there is only one human being on earth. There are just as many individuals as there are today, but we are united as One in mind.
  • indyman87
    Options
    That means every person knows every other person as he knows himself. More than that. Every person is every other person. That is Divine Unity.
  • zombie
    Options
    @‌zombie

lol...

im willing to have a discussion about it without being condescending towards your beliefs. But I will say. I've put a lot of study hours into this. It definitely will not be easy to prove that all the documents and booked I've read are all lies....

Africa is a continent that is not as isolated as many people seem to think, it's been influenced through trade, war, religion, exploration by many different peoples. Europeans, Arabs, Persians, Omanis, Indians and the Chinese are no doubt among just a handful of peoples who left their mark on the African continent.

but all these people while having lived in africa or done trade with africa did not leave any real genetic markers on the populations except for arabs and to a lesser extent whites which means that their was little or no ? going on between the people even if jews did make it as far as west africa. Customs don't really prove anything BECAUSE the nature of religion is that people can convert but that does not prove that the converted are part of original founding group that created the religion.

• onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    possession is 9/10ths of the law... ghead and buy some stolen or illegal ? and see who is held responsible...
    my point?
    giphy.gif

There's a difference between stealing in a nation of laws and taking a prisoner of war in another continent. You can't hold somebody responsible if there's no governing body willing to enforce any kind of law.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't believe people actually think you can be sold. break it down like this if i kidnap you and sell you are you not stolen?
  • MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every European nation that had a hand in slavery owes us reparations