The Official Blackberry 10 Thread

Options

Comments

• yung$
    yung$ Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eh not one to follow crowd if i move from z10 its to z30 when/if it comes to my country. liking that note 3 tho wont lie
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Official 10.2 OS droppin in most countries this week, winter for US although you can download the leak now. Think imma get on it tonight. These leaks are crazy, Ive downloaded like 3 diff versions of 10.2 since ive gotten the phone when its released, its much better then the OG 10.1.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    @Sion

After today. What's next for BlackBerry? What do you think? Going private? Merger? Sell? Is BlackBerry dead?

*Looks left looks right*

hhmmm I shouldn't say anything but since it's the IC who's really gonna care ? Besides it doesn't matter since everybody is talking about it anyways but - Fairfax Financial's CEO Prem Watsa (who happens to own 10% of BlackBerry) is trying to take BlackBerry private. The only issue tho is that they can't find anybody with enough coin AND is in the technology business to complete a deal. To take BlackBerry private even if he threw up another $1.5 billion and BlackBerry put up another $3-5 billion they'd still need 10-15 billion just to satisfy shareholders and make it happen. There was talk of getting Ontario Teacher's Pension Plan but BlackBerry said no (OTPP is a private equity company), their whole thing is that if they're to merge why not go with someone who is also in the tech business too ? Which makes sense...

This is HUGE for both shareholders of BlackBerry and Fairfax Financial especially in the long term. BlackBerry over time will make a killing for Fairfax and would grossly shoot up it's equity value per share tremendously.

*stops... and continues*

The list of candidates is short but the likely names you'll hear in the near future are IBM, Lenovo, Hitachi, and possibly Microsoft (who expressed interest but said no the first time cuz they didn't like the price). I know Prem and Prem is trying to become a multi-billionaire, he's going to fight for this to happen and given his reputation and clout there's a 75% chance it happens BUT don't put your chips on the idea that it WILL happen cuz that 25% is still a strong chance it dont happen. If Prem does this he'll become one of Canada's top 5 wealthiest people. Prem left the board at BlackBerry (but will still stay on as a director) so that in the event of a merger or acquisition there isn't a conflict of interest. Him originally investing was the precursor for him to buy out BlackBerry if not now then in the future it's just that I guess things sped up and happened a lot faster for him. If one of Canada's greatest companies falls well below it's par value you think guys like Prem are gonna turn the other way ? He's gonna swoop in and try to buy it for much less.

You could hear an announcement sometime in October or November or as early as January (most people for the life of me I don't understand - sell down in December for tax reasons, they might want to get a deal in stone by October so there isn't a fuss come December and shareholders sell). Stay tuned tho....

BlackBerry to be sold to Fairfax Financial

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/blackberry-inks-us-4-7-billion-deal-with-toronto-based-fairfax-1.1466420

barack-obama-happy.jpg

I tried to tell yall SMMFH.....

@rage you're still the dumbest ? alive on here SMMFH. I tried to save you money when Apple was at $700 and you lost 50% of your investment SMMFH. ? you make one bad decision after another and put too much energy into something you hate. It takes less energy to love than to hate. Go and be salty you ? ? !!!!

I TOLD EVERYONE they would be bought out sooner or later. Prem Watsa is a friend of mine (I've posted older pics of us in the old pic thread when I was younger) and also one of the most successful value investors in the world. He's also considered to be the "Warren Buffett of Canada". I wouldn't ever give anybody information to do something if I thought it was harmful to them. I'm just trying to make/save money for ? . Out the kindness of my heart I give ? the game so they can take it and flip but ? don't wanna listen until the ? happens SMMFH LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. My track record is incredible if you peep my thread in Strictly Business. So far every single one of my picks and suggestions have worked out well.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57610635-92/blackberry-ceo-out-as-fairfax-deal-hits-the-rocks/
    BlackBerry said Monday morning that there is no future for the Fairfax Financial deal, valued at $4.7 billion, that was going to take the deeply troubled smartphone maker off the public markets and give it some relative peace as it seeks to turn itself around. Instead, BlackBerry will raise $1 billion through a sale of convertible notes to investors.

Although BlackBerry put a positive spin on its announcement Monday, investors don't seem enthused. BlackBerry's shares were down 18.5 percent in premarket trading to $6.33. The shares closed on Friday at $7.77.

i'm guessing this is all a part of the buy low plan.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rage
    Options
    Where is that lame ? now??

http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS24442013
    BlackBerry recorded the largest year-over-year decline among the leading operating systems during 3Q13. Underpinning its results was softer demand for its new BB10 operating system and continued demand for its older BB7 within emerging markets. Now with a new CEO in place and an infusion of $1 billion, what remains to be seen is how and when the beleaguered operating system will be able to change course in the face of mounting pressure from Android, iOS, and Windows Phone.

BBRY 6.48 and dropping.
  • rage
    Options
    LMAO at this fraudulent ? doing his best

Casper_the_friendly_ghost_4604f42d4e883.gif

impression

BBRY 6.07
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my favorite thread in here
    @sion
    bwahahahahahaha

• Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any news on new devices?
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a job I had last year gave me that blackberry 9930 for company...and of course personal use. That ? was sweet, if they would just go ahead and somehow combine with android so their apps could be use I would buy nothing but blackberries.
  • YC11
    YC11 Members Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have blackberry bold as my company and private phone. Last of the Mohicans.... But blackberry in my mind is dead. I'm switching to galaxy next yr.