True Detective (HBO) - TV Series

Options

Comments

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    I got a theory

As we get through the clues and find out about The Yellow King we find out That his boss is Marty and Maggie

They are none other than Mickey and Mallory knox from Natural Born Killers

After they killed Robet Downey Jr they went to N.O. and assumed new names and continued to stay in hiding because Tuttle and the mayor were cool with the murders they commited and wanted to worship them.

Case solved

If this was to happen tvs wilk be thrown like confetti that night
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://youtu.be/pqy18zRDNBc

• artakartel
    artakartel Members Posts: 44 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ KNEW someone would come with that eventually, that's amazing.

Here's an Oscar parody. At least it's better than the Soup parody.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKcUdDWIHOI
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "If you were drowning. I'd throw you a ? dumbbell."
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What if marty had went and blew Rus' head off after Maggie told him

Stupid ? put my ? Cohle in danger

• thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    up to episode 5 now with the cover up
    Man this show is too good. Probably the best show HBO has running currently
    This is what's been missing since the wire finished
    I wonder what next season is gonna be like
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We'll see if this reaches GOAT status tonight with the finale. I'm hyped.
  • T.Vick04
    T.Vick04 Members Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of the theories I've read have been crazy as hell.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As I always say, my ? hard as ? right now. Nh
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i hope the lawnmower guy isnt the green giant with the scars. Im not gonna go into great detail in my theory. In the past couple episodes they have been talking a lot about families. i think maggies family might be part of the cult the male part at least. Its simple really theres a cult who sacrifice/? children and have been doing so for a long time without notice. They escaped notice because those families are old and eventually put themselves in position to cover up there crimes. Maggies pops= cult member, Ladoux family= cult members=, tuttle family cult members. The girl that disappeared with her father supposedly her father is either a cult member or a former member who tried to leave and they took his daughter as punishment.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    i hope the lawnmower guy isnt the green giant with the scars. Im not gonna go into great detail in my theory. In the past couple episodes they have been talking a lot about families. i think maggies family might be part of the cult the male part at least. Its simple really theres a cult who sacrifice/? children and have been doing so for a long time without notice. They escaped notice because those families are old and eventually put themselves in position to cover up there crimes. Maggies pops= cult member, Ladoux family= cult members=, tuttle family cult members. The girl that disappeared with her father supposedly her father is either a cult member or a former member who tried to leave and they took his daughter as punishment.

the lawnmower guy is the giant with the green scars there no guessing about that anymore , pay attention
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    soooooooooo there still like 5 more of these pedos out here tho
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's crazy it's more out there.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great Season Finale, they did a great job of making this ? suspenseful as ? , even though we knew who the killer was after the end of Ep. 7.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    GOAT status. Idgaf. Give McConaughey an Emmy for this ? . Superb acting and dynamic between these two main characters. I was pleased with this finale even though nothing was really solved, lol. The story of Marty and Rust carried the whole season.
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pretty good. The 10 or 15 minutes of "the chase" was some of the best ? I've ever seen on TV. I'll hold off on the rest for now.
  • alligatorhalfman
    alligatorhalfman Members Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Great finale. Didn't expect total closure, and I wonder if in season 3 or later Hart and Cohle might be back trying to after the others. I think they're still in danger. Excellent chem tween those two...the finger in the hospital had me dyin "don't ever change buddy." Seeing Matt break down put some mist in my eye, not even gonna front. Just enough hallucinatory/supernatural spice too without goin overboard.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    looks like cohle got his soul back
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    looks like cohle got his soul back

"You ask me, the light is winning."
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    His daughter painting which was hard to catch but somebody got it has the same black stars that where on the yellow kings shack i still believe something up with his daughter

ca9c16cd8.png

4e91ae8ad.png
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    I bet atheists are mad as ? at this ending tho, lmao.
  • alligatorhalfman
    alligatorhalfman Members Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I bet atheists are mad as ? at this ending tho, lmao.

Then they're dumb as ? cos if they were paying attention they know Cohle is a character who doesn't believe everything he sees or experiences. The "vortex of evil" he saw in "Carcosa" being an example (he said his brain was still fried from his former drug use & we see him having visions in other eps.). So if you went back to Cohle say a week later in an episode 9 he might call his contact with his dead loved ones nothin but a nice loving illusion.

TL;DR version: show is too ? well written fo dat. And Harrelson and McConaughey are too good.

• J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was kinda expecting them to show us what was on the video, for us to grossed out and feel like killing the ? ourselves...really wished they wouldve gotten more into the whole cult but if they are picking this up later, im cool with the finale
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J. Will wrote: »
    I was kinda expecting them to show us what was on the video, for us to grossed out and feel like killing the ? ourselves...really wished they wouldve gotten more into the whole cult but if they are picking this up later, im cool with the finale

Why would you wanna watch them ? and murder a little girl
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    solid finale to a great season. as pizzolatto already stated, this show wasn't so much a whodunit or about guessing the crime they were investigating. rather it was a character study of the 2 main leads played by 2 terrific actors. cant wait for season 2