Comments

• MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Uh oh, Whitlocks fat ass on the scene.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why did Huff Post have to use that picture of Kobe, I don't trust the ? media. This should a convo between black people
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

That Huff Post article is just as confusing as the rest of this ? ...all if did was mention Kobe responds to Jim Brown's comments, but didn't actually say what it was. It reads like the quote was the response to Jim Brown. Until this whole article comes out alot of ? just seems completely out of context or just plain odd as ? .
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    well Kobe does see himself as a European since he grew up out there

Didn't he only live in Europe for 6 years.

Born in philly ...left PA at age 6 and returned back to PA at 12.
    He spent time in Europe but not sure I would say "he grew up in Europe".

He probably tries to sell that idea though.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol I used to work w/ this big 6'5 ngga from Brooklyn named 'Shaka'. Militant ass ngga. He hated Kobe for snitchin on Shaq and his bytchassness in general

He compared Kobe to lil snitchin Randy from the Wire Lmao Ngga would do a lil impression of Kobe in the interogation room

'I know about a murder! Uh uh, i didnt do it, it was..it was..it was SHAQ! Yea, Shaq ? bytches, too' lmao

Maybe you had to been there but he had the whole office in stictches. Big 6'5 ngga doin a lil roituine, and after he do it he'd laugh real quick but he was really ? and just shake his head 'Lil bytch ass ngga.'
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not defending people bc their black is right...he coulda used the duke ? case as an example

but the example he used was absolutely wrong...Martin was murdered and stalked bc he was black and people came to his defense bc of the presumption of guilt bc he was black not bc he was black....(it took a whole year to bring charges against Zimmerman after national pressure) and then he admits that travyon was wronged....so how the ? can you criticize someone defending him if even ou think he was wronged?

#deleteurtwitteraccount
  • Copper
    Options
    Jason whitlock has zero room to talk about anyone
  • Copper
    Options
    momanpr100 wrote: »
    What he said is true. If trayvon was white and the shooter was black no one would give a ? . Or if it was a black on black crime no one would give a ? .

because the perp would be in prison
  • Copper
    Options
    I don't expect players to be politically aware, these are different times, the sacrifices of the past has afforded them that luxury. But if your black man radar don't go off around the circumstances that led to Trayvons death then you Carlton as kid when young Will told him he's black, "I am!?"

or when they got pulled over in the benz and carlton just didn't understand why...
  • Copper
    Options
    Don_Proper wrote: »
    Not a Kobe fan, but can't even call him a ? .
    He wasn't raised like me, he not from where I'm from, so I wouldn't expect him to understand what real brothas already know...smdh

More than one way to be a lost ? ...

black awareness about racism has nothing to do with region
    black people world wide face (esp in Europe)
    even Africans in their on country face racism and unequality

no excuses this ? is just wrong
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    So he's a ? for prioritizing facts over race? Or is this just an undercover Kobe hate/troll thread?

when it comes to black crime.....most likely no one else cares about facts...thats why so many black men are found guilty even when the facts support innocence.
    Historically, those in power KNEW the facts,and either ignored or skewed said facts to fit an agenda. That's what leads to injustice.
    but black people should wait for the facts?
    No. Everyone should wait for facts. This is usually referred to as "thinking before acting".
    and dont everyone else put race first before asking for facts? i have not seen one case where a black man is presumed innocent until proven guilty.....that for everyone else except black people...we are guilty an have to prove our innocence.

or is it some of yall got a little money an dont have to live in the real world
    You can't destroy the master's house with the master's tools. In the real world, ignorance can't defeat ignorance. Thievery, murder, lies, bigotry, and xenophobia don't have colors so doing dumb ? to make up for the dumb ? white people did won't rectify anything but a fool's pride.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Trayvon Martin thing only got as big as it did because a grown ass man killed a teenager and wasn't immediately arrested. Yes, race played a factor, and the outcome of the case had drastic racial implications. But the controversy only inflated because of the FACTS, not because Trayvon was black.

I thought this was generally agreed upon.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    kobe needs to just log of and work on his recovery
  • Copper
    Options

Makes sense he just shouldn't have framed it in context with trayvon
    That accusation had zero to do with that situation
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    He wasn't raised like me, he not from where I'm from, so I wouldn't expect him to understand what real brothas already know...smdh

black awareness about racism has nothing to do with region
    black people world wide face (esp in Europe)
    even Africans in their on country face racism and unequality

no excuses this ? is just wrong

Copper I hear you, but awareness alone is not enough, to expect a ? like KOBE, to relate to the strife and struggles of a real brotha (in any country). That’s like asking the ? to understand why racism is wrong. Yea, the ? is aware of racism, but they can’t relate to it because they don’t experience the negative effects of it.

So, it’s reasonable to understand why a ? like KOBE is lost. His whole perspective is out of whack because he came up in an environment that didn’t produce the types of harsh experiences that most BLACK MEN can relate too.

So, when a ? like KOBE see’s racism against minorities, he a cause and effect type ? , what they do to cause this result. Whereas you or I may see the ? for what it really is….
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They treat blacks just as bad if not worst in Italy. Racism is pretty overt in Italy, look how they treat Mario Balotelli.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

They treat blacks just as bad if not worst in Italy. Racism is pretty overt in Italy, look how they treat Mario Balotelli.

Yeah i don't know where this idea that life is all great for black folks in Europe. They're pretty open with their racism. Ain't nobody throwing bananas on the court or field like they do soccer players in European countries.
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I think, perhaps, some of you (most of you actually) are reacting to what you think he said and not really understanding what he might have meant to say.

Some of you guys are acting as though he's condoning what happened, or excusing it on the part of Zimmerman...but that isn't the case.

I think he's making a larger point, in the sense that; We blacks tend to be overly reactionary (case in point, this thread) when there's a flashpoint event involving an african american individual, Rather than maybe talking through the facts and observing the entire situation, etc...we tend to scream ? murder at the first 'indication' of what we perceive to be injustice against a black man.

He's saying we won't react this way if the aggrieved party was indian, or latino, or chinese or whatever.....and that's not right, we should too.

I think he means to say that all injustice is bad, and also, a 'victim' isn't necessarily a 'victim' because he/she is black.

In that sense, he has point.

Again, I don't believe he was saying what happened to Martin was okay. That's just my opinion on it.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephen A. Smith is Arsenio caping for Kobe...
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at Kobe's hashtags