Does/Has Your Favorite Player Always Played For Your Favorite Team?

Options
blackrain
blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
Simple question. Have they? Even though I'm a Wizards fan Carmelo has probably been my favorite player to watch play since he was at Syracuse.

Comments

• Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fred Taylor and T Mac are my favorite players. Still don't like how Del Rio did him and Garrard ? though. Both had a shot at the HOF but Freddy got injured so much and Tracy couldn't get out the first round. Even when they left Jacksonville and Houston, I still wanted them to do good
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jerry Rice and Prime

Both them ? was in the same division of my squad
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For the most part yea, besides guys like Barry Sanders, Rey Lewis, Jason Kidd, Jordan, Reggie Miller, Junior Seau ended up playing for the pats but he was my favorite from his years in San Diego, Ozzie Smith, Fred Mcgriff, Ivan Rodriguez, and a couple others
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe does.

Currently AJ Green doesn't.

Past players Barry Sanders didn't. Sean Taylor did.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I "liked" a lot of players but my favorites in the NFL have always been on my team at some point.

Except for the NBA. My first "favorite" NBA player was Shaq, but I never gave a ? about the Magic.

2nd favorite NBA player in the 90s was John Starks.

Fav NFL player now: Adrian Peterson (OU) and Julio Jones (Falcons)

NBA: Russ (Thunder)

• Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a Nets fan, my favorite player is a Knick. Carmelo... it's like I want him to do good but at the same time ? him
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA, nah Knicks fan but my favorite player is russell westbrook but growing up Larry Johnson and starks

MLB, Yankee fan, favorite player always been a Yankee, jeter, Bernie Williams, tino, cano, arod before I knew of the steroids or even andy

NFL- giant fan but back in the falcons days, vick was my favorite but tiki was there too. Now it's Aaron Rodgers
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    NBA, nah Knicks fan but my favorite player is russell westbrook but growing up Larry Johnson and starks

MLB, Yankee fan, favorite player always been a Yankee, jeter, Bernie Williams, tino, cano, arod before I knew of the steroids or even andy

NFL- giant fan but back in the falcons days, vick was my favorite but tiki was there too. Now it's Aaron Rodgers

Starks had a nice fan base for a nikka that played in the CBA.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My fav football players right now is

Brees and AP

NBA

Westbrook.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My favorite basketball player was always Jason Kidd so I was blessed enough to have him on my team at one point in life and now he's the coach so....

Baseball I never really had a favorite player. Its weird when you grow up a Yankee fan and you watched your squad bogart its way to multiple chips during Torre years and later in 2009. I think most Yankee fans purely ? with players on the squad so I never had a particular favorite player who just didnt play for the Yankees.

And I just never had a favorite football player. Odd ? now that I think about it. I guess I can say I was a big Curtis Martin fan. Actually Brett Favre was my favorite player growin up til he started acting like a ? his later years.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

My favorite player used to be Kevin Garnett and Allen Iverson, now it Russell Westbrook
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    lotta Wussell Restbrook fans in here, huh.

Honestly if you don't ? with the way he plays, something is wrong with you.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let me throw in Magic too, you cant top that storied Magic/Bird rivalry, that's Biggie and Nas right there it will never get better than that, right now Joakim Noah is probably my favorite player in the league
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jordan and Alfonso Soriano the only ones who have
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, I can't really have a favorite player if they aren't on my team. Al Jefferson is my favorite. Before that, I guess it was gerald wallace. Before that? Probably Larry Johnson
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Football yes-Mel Blount & Rod Woodson
    Basketball yes-Dr. J
    Baseball no-Barry Bonds & Pedro Martinez
    Hockey yes- Eric Lindros
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe - yup
    Durant - nope
    Vick - yes then no
    Westbrook - he will. (? you... Let me believe. My boy comin home)
    Julio/Roddy/MattymotherfuckinIce - yup
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Anthony Davis makin his way on my list... Not quite there but if he playin I'm watching.
    Derrick Rose was up there for a minute
  • T.Vick04
    T.Vick04 Members Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Football no- Michael Irvin and Deion
    Basketball Yes-Kobe but when he retire its Westbrook
    Baseball yes and no...Ima Dodgers fan but i'm from Oakland and Ricky Henderson was my favorite growing up
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T.Vick04 wrote: »
    Baseball yes and no...Ima Dodgers fan but i'm from Oakland and Ricky Henderson was my favorite growing up

Goated you for Rickey Henderson. He is my second all-time favorite. I only have Barry higher bcuz I been to more of his games live. Henderson was that dude.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Kobe - yup
    Durant - nope
    Vick - yes then no
    Westbrook - he will. (? you... Let me believe. My boy comin home)Julio/Roddy/MattymotherfuckinIce - yup

I know you give negative ? about the clippers but I feel the same way about Blake Griffin and OKC.

It might be 7-8 years from now when he's on Vince Carter status with no knee ligaments chuckin' j's and 3's with a nappy beard --- but it will happen. Sooner or later.
  • T.Vick04
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    T.Vick04 wrote: »

Goated you for Rickey Henderson. He is my second all-time favorite. I only have Barry higher bcuz I been to more of his games live. Henderson was that dude.

Had to share these....

tumblr_mgxaqfEPVm1qbc6b5o1_400.gif
    tumblr_mgxaqfEPVm1qbc6b5o2_250.giftumblr_mgxaqfEPVm1qbc6b5o5_r1_250.gif

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westbrook
    Vick
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I ? with Ricky Henderson too.

I gave no ? about baseball until I was about 12 thanks to him, Griff, Deion, and the Bravos.
  • T.Vick04
    Options
    I ? wit Ron Gant too

342-706Fr.jpg