Options

Comments

• DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Captain America
    Man, u Batman fans are buggin' all the way out

I mean, wtf is Bats gonna do while getting his ass kicked by Cap?

"Hold up, Bruh. I gotta run home real quick and do some homework & figure out how to beat u. I'll be right back." ?

Uh huh. Right after Bats gets Cap's shield thrown upside his head, he'll get the exact same treatment that the last "Bat" Cap fought got, like so:

2544967-1779145_1524669_cap_baron_blood_super_super.jpg

Off with that ? 's head.

Cap will literally ? that dude.
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman

"Hold up, Bruh. I gotta run home real quick and do some homework & figure out how to beat u. I'll be right back." ?

Uh huh. Right after Bats gets Cap's shield thrown upside his head, he'll get the exact same treatment that the last "Bat" Cap fought got, like so:

Off with that ? 's head.

why dont you post the dc vs marvel comic where cap loses to the bat and admits he came up short?

the other homie already posted the comic where both of them ? are equal from the justice league avengers comic in the beginning of the thread..

? hyped from the winter souljah flick they forget dc and marvel actually had them fighting eachother in the comics.

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Captain America
    Didn't take winter soldier for me to figure that cap would beat his ass. ? it's crazy I'm arguing for cap when I don't own a single cap book but got dark night returns in the stash right now, among others.

The only book mentioned I'll acknowledge was jla/avengers(I own that too). The rest of those depends on the writer, the popularity of the character or PIS.

Batman cannot ? with cap hand to hand!
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alkinduz wrote: »

Off with that ? 's head.

why dont you post the dc vs marvel comic where cap loses to the bat and admits he came up short?

the other homie already posted the comic where both of them ? are equal from the justice league avengers comic in the beginning of the thread..

? hyped from the winter souljah flick they forget dc and marvel actually had them fighting eachother in the comics.

lol You know a dude is desperate when he pretty much admits that the result of a comic event are ? , but still keeps trying to throw that up as proof of something.

DC vs Marvel was essentially a character popularity contest. We get it, Batman is more popular than Captain America. What the ? does that have to do with the topic at hand?
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Batman
    @gns, fam, if you acknowledge the book where both ? were equal, why claim bat ain't ? with cap? And isnt the Whole JL Avenger comic full of PIS lmao. Come on son

the DC and Marvel universes can only exist with those PIS lol.

none of them really makes sense like that.
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Batman

Off with that ? 's head.

lol You know a dude is desperate when he pretty much admits that the result of a comic event are ? , but still keeps trying to throw that up as proof of something.

DC vs Marvel was essentially a character popularity contest. We get it, Batman is more popular than Captain America. What the ? does that have to do with the topic at hand?

Off with that ? 's head.

you were talking about "comic book realism" lol. But you ignore that point, just like the rest of that post...you know the other comic book where they both were equal and all that.

that doesnt have to do anything with the topic at hand?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Of course I ignored the point, because you're basing your whole argument on two faulty sources. The DC vs Marvel comic should NEVER be brought up in these kinds of discussions period. The writers didn't consider the capabilities of both sides and write a battle based on who they felt would really win. They were given the winner based on fan votes and then forced to come up with a battle that led to that result. Again, that's not comic book realism, that's fan service and has no place in this topic at all.

As for the JL/Avengers crossover, that's not quite as bad, but it's still not canon. And I fail to see how that favors Batman when by your own interpretation of the fight, Batman admits he'd lose if they fight went on due to Cap's superior stamina, you know, one of his superhuman characteristics that people keep talking about in here when they say Batman would lose.
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Batman
    Exactly my point, Cap would win via stamina, not overpower him or via hand to hand, but simply cause of endurance...

so like I posted previously, Cap would win the first fight, if there however would be a second and third fight, chances are Bat would win considering he knows what he is up against now and prep time and all that.

and JLa comic not being cannon? So what? Exactly like this topic lol.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman
    ... THE THING IS...

YALL WILL COME ON HERE AND DEBATE THAT BATMAN CAN BEAT SUPERMAN.. BUT CAPS WILL ? BATMAN?!?!

WHERES THE LOGIC?

CAPS IS SUPER HUMAN, BUT HE AINT LIKE SUPERMAN SUPER HUMAN, HE CAN BE BEAT EASIER THAN YOU THINK
  • gns
    Options
    Captain America
    @gns, fam, if you acknowledge the book where both ? were equal, why claim bat ain't ? with cap? And isnt the Whole JL Avenger comic full of PIS lmao. Come on son

the DC and Marvel universes can only exist with those PIS lol.

none of them really makes sense like that.

Brah....they weren't. I acknowledge the book because it was the latest incarnation of a crossover and there was so much build up, it wasn't the greatest but the authors at least attempted to get ? right.....even so I don't agree with a couple fights and their results.
    Most notably supes vs thor. That was ? .

Back to cap vs bats.
    When they had that face off it was purely based off skill. Bruce made a feint, by the speed and counter feint cap reacted bruce surmised he'd lose...ok cool beans, none of that accounted for caps strength.

Bruce is an olympic athlete level cat, he CANNOT take Steve's punches to the face and keep going, he can't match Steve in speed either. Peak human vs super soldier not gonna end well for the human.

If y'all wanna factor in gadgets and planning that's 1 thing but hand to hand? Foh.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I'll backpedal a little. Let's say the crossover is right. Technically, the SSS just made so that Cap is the absolute peak of human capability. He's not superhuman, but he's maxed out in every stat as far as what a human can do. Batman, through training and conditioning is very close to that. So the crossover, pretty much had it right, that they could fight and it would be even, but since Cap can keep up his peak performance much longer than Bat man, Bats would eventually lose.

If you believe that, then the discussion is over. Cap would win.
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Batman
    @gns, I can dig it but at the sametime Bats has been taking hits from Supes and other dudes more powerful then Cap....? , bro got clapped by Darkseid but still kept it movin...in Most JL animes Bat is always taking a beating lol. But ok, PiS and all that.

how bout Bane though? If he can fight the likes of Bane then surely he can take on Cap.

gadget wise, you neva know what bats got, that ultrasound ? he uses to escape and got everyone in agony, technically he could use that all damn day, vs joker for example.. but then you would have some boring azz stories.

*shrugs.
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Batman
    @monk, yeah, if its just one fight, cap got it(unless certain gadgets are involved). If its best outta 3 or 5, Bats got it due to the ridiculous/legendary prep Time Batman nowadays got.
  • gns
    Options
    Captain America
    Lol yo that prep ? is a muhfucka. DC basically gave him a contra cheat code and it is sorta bs 2 but oh well.
    Bane and killer croc both stronger than bats and he whoops em, cool. They're also dumb asa bunch of rocks. Bane caught bruce on a bad day and he'd be a punching bag to cap.

And igaf what a writer writes, sometimes u gotta judge for yourself. In what ? reality can Batman or any human take a Superman or darkseid punch? Those writers b ? tripping.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I still don't see how prep time plays into this. He's had time to prep for Deathstroke and still gets his ass whooped. Sure, I guess if he had prep time he could set up the environment or his equipment just so he could beat Cap. That's possible, but that's getting away from the point of the topic. The topic is solely about who would win in a straight up 1on1. Saying Batman could win if he was given time to stack the deck in his favor is going outside of the scope of the discussion.
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Batman
    Lmao @gns yeah them writers be high as ? . Agree with everything you said, except Bane being dumb, bro is a genius and criminal mastermind, one of the few things Nolan had right in the movie(except for him being a puppet and simp in the end lol)...master of martial arts and dude is a superhuman when venomed up.

batman imo is one of the coolest but at the sametime one of the most hilariously contradictional characters out.

I grew up with the animated series...he was just posted up, chilling in Gotham. Nowadays hes having meetings in Space and pimpslapping aliens, analyzing and decoding computers on Darkseids homeplanet and ? .

I remember Cap from his oldskool cartoon, Wolverine was always calling him a ? basically and that grey haired chick Spiderman was banging was a more advanced ss then him. That spiderman secret wars was the ? .

compared to all the other Gz out there Cap seemed Lame, kinda like cyclops lol
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Batman
    I still don't see how prep time plays into this. He's had time to prep for Deathstroke and still gets his ass whooped. Sure, I guess if he had prep time he could set up the environment or his equipment just so he could beat Cap. That's possible, but that's getting away from the point of the topic. The topic is solely about who would win in a straight up 1on1. Saying Batman could win if he was given time to stack the deck in his favor is going outside of the scope of the discussion.

Deathstroke is an OG. His Whole game is prep time lol.

Cap is not as complex of a character as Slade is...plus if Bat can take out the JL with prep time it is safe to assume he could take out Cap.

one fight, cap got it, unless batman starts using them ultra gadgets like the soundwave/noise that puts people in agony...but he only uses during moments the writers dont know how else the ? can escape(thus a deus ex machina). Either the story is flawed or he is holding back.

I mean if he uses that every encounter could go like this:

Joker: Well well well, I was expecting(*bat presses noisewave button on his sleeves)....aaaaaaaaah *agony, down and out.

lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    You don't have to be complex to win a fist fight. This is not a discussion about whether or not Batman could stop Captain America from enacting some complex scheme. It's about who would win in a fight, and Batman being a master planner doesn't amount to a whole lot here. That's sort of like me bringing up that Cap is a master tactician and second to none when it comes to deploying a group of heroes and using them to their optimum proficiency. That may be true, but it has no bearing on this discussion.
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Batman
    Prep Time is only part of the discussion if we are talking multiple fights, best outta 5...Bruce adapts, like Gns said, DC gave him a cheatcode lol.
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Batman
    And its mos def up for debate if Cap will win if there would be only one fight....we dont know what gadgets n equipment the batsuit has.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Prep Time is only part of the discussion if we are talking multiple fights, best outta 5...Bruce adapts, like Gns said, DC gave him a cheatcode lol.

And Cap will adapt in kind. When it comes to fighting ability, they are on a near equal level. If everything else besides stamina are taken to be nearly equal too, the stamina advantage will almost always lead to a win for Cap. It doesn't really matter what Batman packs in his belt. Given the kinda threats Cap has faced in the past, there is nothing Batman can come with that will take Cap out of his game completely.

Batman but could win some encounters, but Cap is taking the majority without question.
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Batman

And Cap will adapt in kind. When it comes to fighting ability, they are on a near equal level. If everything else besides stamina are taken to be nearly equal too, the stamina advantage will almost always lead to a win for Cap. It doesn't really matter what Batman packs in his belt. Given the kinda threats Cap has faced in the past, there is nothing Batman can come with that will take Cap out of his game completely.

Batman but could win some encounters, but Cap is taking the majority without question.

I dont see Cap beating Batman with prep time at all, Bats will have the answer to the serum, making Cap vulnirable or some other weakness exploiting method. Probably has a "anti cap" suit set up or some type of gadget/mindfuck nobody saw coming.

guess we have to agree to disagree bro, based on anime/comics, ? looks like a story with no end........or a batman prep Time cheat lol.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lol You been watching too much of the 60s Batman show, but ok.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Captain America

I dont see Cap beating Batman with prep time at all, Bats will have the answer to the serum, making Cap vulnirable or some other weakness exploiting method. Probably has a "anti cap" suit set up or some type of gadget/mindfuck nobody saw coming.

guess we have to agree to disagree bro, based on anime/comics, ? looks like a story with no end........or a batman prep Time cheat lol.

You're reaching now, Bro...LOL

hand-reaching-out.gif

• jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    jaxn wrote: »

Except they do. Cap has done nothing to exceed Batman's "punching through bazooka proof glass" or "kicking a guy through a missile proof door" thing. Cap has never shown to be faster than Batman in any way either. Batman and Cap have similar stats when you look at what they've done, not the flawed way you look at them and their "character concepts". Batman is very superhuman, just like Cap.

Deathstroke hitting Flash, dodging Starfire's blasts, easily beating people who are physically superior to him and giving it to high tiers has A LOT to do with how he'll handle Cap. It shows how fast he is, how good he is at what he does, the arsenal he has at his disposal. Also you're forgetting that his healing factor and durability are leagues above Caps.

Deathstroke has 5-10 ton feats, Cap stays closer to 2 like Batman does.

So, my way of looking at things which is basically to take what is stated about and established for the character is "flawed," but you're way of basing everything on a couple high level feats is right? Ok, I don't know how long you've been reading comics, but I'm sure you know that feats go up and down like roller coasters. In one comic a character can be chucking cars like ninja stars, and in another comic that same character can be struggling to lift an enemy that barely ways a ton. That's how it goes. Unless you've got Batman performing some feats and have proof that Cap couldn't do the same easier, you're not definitively proving anything.

Just look at Batman's rogue gallery. Hardly any of them have super powers. Hell, Bane is probably one of his strongest enemies. He's just a roided up human and he damn near killed Batman. Pretty much everyone Cap fights, is superhuman.

As for Deathstroke, everything you're saying in favor of him can be said for Cap. Cap has school pretty much all the Avengers at some point or the other. So again, your example of how well he does against JL members is meaningless. Hell, forget the Avengers. Cap has gone into the Cosmic arena and been revered for his prowess. When you have the respect of members of alien races that were space faring while humans were still trying to figure out fire, you're doing something right.

Cap has schooled Thor? I mean I've seen him beat Hulk (complete PIS), Iron Man was also PIS, and Spidey didn't fight back, never seen him even take Luke Cage, and he's worse than Wolverine and they've made that prety clear. Difference is Deathstroke stomps most street levels period. And his JL/Teen Titan feats are consistent and happen nearly every time.

As for Bats, punching bazooka proof doors and missile proof doors are mid-high level at best. his real high levels are PIS and don't make sense. Bane is strong AND a great fighter which is why he's a good villain. Same reason Cap has problems with Red Skull and other street levelers.

But mainly, Bats has 1 ton+ strength feats (that Cap can match, but doesn't tend to exceed) and they both have similar speed feats. They're nearly identical.

What street level characters does Cap have problems with
    ? Red Skull is also superhuman. Batman doesn't have any feats that suggest he can lift 1 ton nor has he shown anything to suggest he's on par with Cap physically.

Red Skull (street level is street level), Wolverine, Black Panther, Deadpool, Hawkeye. That's who I got right now. Probably more.

Just admit you have no idea what you're talking about. You're not really telling me everyone in the street level category are the same are you? Red Skull, Wolverine, BP and Deadpool are all superhuman characters and are all >>>> Batman physically. Hawkeye has never in his history given Cap problems. This is just a flat out lie. Cap trained Hawkeye to become the leader and fighter that he is today.

Bruh, you literally said "what street level characters does Cap have problems with" and I named them. Hawkeye has flat out beaten Cap before. Yeah Cap trained him, but Hawkeye still won that one fight. If Cap can lose to Hawkeye, he can lose to Batman. And he has.

You named people who Cap has fought, not folks who give them problems..and besides, these same street level folks would beat the dog ? out of Batman..You're using enhanced individuals as your evidence. Batman isn't enhanced. Hawkeye beat Cap one time in over 50 years of comics and that's the evidence you're using? Have you read or seen any other appearances of the two? I'm asking because there's this thing in comics called high end showings..you should pay attention to them more.
    Cap has lost to everyone I named. You acted like Cap was above street level, but street levels have beaten him before. That was the point of that list.
    I've never said Cap was above street level. You listed street level guys who are ENHANCED like Cap and who would beat the brakes off Batman as well.
    Hawkeye beat Cap and that's a pretty recent showing after all of his training (read: actually having hand to hand skills).
    did you even read that Hawkeye fight? Cap wasn't taking it seriously.
    Batman is basically enhanced since he's doing superhuman stuff like punching missile proof material and cracking it. Hawkeye's never done half the stuff Batman's done physically. He's far worse due to feats pretty much. And Batman's utility belt has far more useful gadgets on it than Hawkeye's quiver.
    Batman is not enhanced. Regardless of how many times you say it or hope him to be. He is not an enhanced character. You obviously have no idea about Hawkeye as well, but carry on.
    And I know about high end feats, if I was using them, Bats has dodged Superman's Lightspeed heat vision and has taken hits from Darkseid. But those are silly and I don't use them because of that.

apparently you don't since that's what your argument is based on if you think Batman is on par with Cap physically.