The Bible Game

Options
Arya Tsaddiq
Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in R & R (Religion and Race)
I hope this can be a fun way for believers to study/gain understanding of the scriptures.

For those that dont believe the bible...feel free to comment on what is posted, but please leave the trolling/antagonizing comments out of here. If you have a bible and want to join you can.

This is how the game will go. Someone will make a statement based on the scriptures. (Example: Christ was born in December.) the next person who posts should respond to the statement by saying it is true or false with scripture to back up the claim. (Response: False. Christa birthday is never mentioned in the bible. Also, Luke 2:8 mentions Sheppard's staying in the fields at night tending to the flock dyeing the time of Christ birth. This is not common practice.)

Hope that makes sense. I will go first.

1. Bible believers should follow dietary laws in Leviticus 11.

Comments

• Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    False.

Romans 14... The whole chapter...
    2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. 3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for ? hath received him. 4Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for ? is able to make him stand.

20 For meat destroy not the work of ? . All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.

22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before ? . Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. 23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

In regards to the New Law (i.e. New Covenant) overruling the Old...
    7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »
    False.

Romans 14... The whole chapter...
    2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. 3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for ? hath received him. 4Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for ? is able to make him stand.

20 For meat destroy not the work of ? . All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.

22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before ? . Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. 23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

In regards to the New Law (i.e. New Covenant) overruling the Old...
    7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

thats up for contention. But since you came with scripture I'll let it ride. Maybe I need to edit the rules. After you answer, you have to make a new statement so the next poster can respond to it.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    Oh, my b...

We'll start light...

______
    Claim: The Israelites were people of color, as well as the Lord Jesus Christ.

Song of Solomon 1

5 I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

6 Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Oh, my b...

We'll start light...

______
    Claim: The Israelites were people of color, as well as the Lord Jesus Christ.

Song of Solomon 1

5 I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

6 Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.

lol....

Man u got it all messed up. U supposed to let somone else respond to he claim. But I would have pulled that scripture out too. So u get a GOAT.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    Ok I'm just gonna spectate for now lol.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Lol...you good man. We gonna get it working tho.

Ok so im going to makes statement and allow another poster to label ot true or false and support the claim with scripture. Then we will have a brief discussion about it. And then the person who responded has to make a statement for the next poster to respond to.

The observation of "lent" is biblical.
  • MGWIII
    MGWIII Members Posts: 29
    Options
    I don't believe so but you could use Matthew 4 and the 40 dsys Jesus fasted
  • MGWIII
    Options
    Days apologies for spelling
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    MGWIII wrote: »

there was a purpose for his fast however. The scriptures teach that fasting is a physics display of worship towards the most high so so that he will hear prayers and understand your devotion. It was not commanded in scripture to fast on a specific day each year as a custom.

Matthew 6:18

That your fasting may not be seen by others but by your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you

Ezra 8:23 ESV

So we fasted and implored our ? for this, and he listened to our entreaty.

But...it does say something about those that teach other things...ie catholic doctrine...

1 Timothy 4:1-3 (KJV)

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which ? hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth."
  • MGWIII
    Options
    True, i believe in fasting. All together for the spirit as well as health. The last scripture is so true. Here is one often said" spare the rod spoil the child"
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    Saying Lent is biblical is very misleading. It is lawful to fast, but Lent is a manmade Catholic tradition commemorating Jesus' 40 days of fasting.

The Bible does not say celebrate Lent, just as it doesn't say celebrate Jesus' birthday. These are manmade traditions.

Colossians 2:8 KJV

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Saying Lent is biblical is very misleading. It is lawful to fast, but Lent is a manmade Catholic tradition commemorating Jesus' 40 days of fasting.

The Bible does not say celebrate Lent, just as it doesn't say celebrate Jesus' birthday. These are manmade traditions.

Colossians 2:8 KJV

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

i agree. I dont agree with the statement I made. But I was trying to get others to search the bible for answers to tht question. Lent is not biblical indeed. In my previous point I provided scripture to support that.

You can make statements u agree or disagree with, but the main point it to be able to prove or disprove the statnent using scripture.
    True, i believe in fasting. All together for the spirit as well as health. The last scripture is so true. Here is one often said" spare the rod spoil the child"

False.
    Proverbs 13:24 (KJV)

"He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes."

Proverbs 22:15 (KJV)

"Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him."

However, discernment and self control is key.
    Ephesians 6:4 (KJV)

"And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord."
  • MGWIII
    Options
    All are forgiven of sin.Roman 8:1
    Does this apply to all races?
  • MGWIII
    Options
    I ask due to some other posts
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    All are forgiven of sin.Roman 8:1
    Does this apply to all races?

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." Romans 8:1

Only those who are IN Christ Jesus are forgiven of sin, No matter the race, class, sex, social status, etc.

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."
    Galatians 3:28

? is no respecter of person. You must be baptized into Christ Jesus by faith. Once you are baptized into Christ Jesus, you are adopted into the family of ? and sealed by the Holy Spirit forever!

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit." 1 Corinthians 12:13

? is not a racist. Mankind is the racist. The Bible says this in regards to the citizens of heaven:

"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our ? which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. Revelation 7:8-9

ALL nations, kindreds, peoples, and tongues will be in heaven worshiping ? ! Racism only comes from hate and there will be not hatred in heaven, only love! We are all one! Regardless of skin color. Lord ? I can't wait until ? makes all things right and we can finally live in peace without so much hatred because somebody is white, Asian, Mexican, or black.

If you love Jesus Christ you are my BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's it, that's all. Amen.

Question:

Is the lake of fire eternal?
  • MGWIII
    Options
    Revelation 20 speaks of in a couple script, on my phone hard to copy and paste.
    Question do you have to be baptized by water?
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    Claim: Esau is the Caucasian man.
  • MGWIII
    Options
    Im still learning that is why i even signed on for this, to learn. So with Esau being caucasian, can any race be saved.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    Of course, anyone can be saved from judgement by turning to Christ and keeping His commandments.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Claim: Esau is the Caucasian man.

scripture would suggest so.

Genesis 27:11 (KJV)

"And Jacob said to Rebekah his mother, Behold, Esau my brother is a hairy man, and I am a smooth man:"

hairy-man2.jpg

Genesis 25:25 (KJV)

"And the first came out red, all over like an hairy garment; and they called his name Esau."

article-1194664-056E9C72000005DC-0_468x425.jpg

3839626.png

2 Esdras 6:9

For Esau is the end of the world, and Iacob is the beginning of it that followeth.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    "Now the sons of Noah who came out of the ark were Shem and Ham and Japheth; and Ham was the father of Canaan. These three were the sons of Noah, and from these the whole earth was populated." Genesis 9:18-19

In chapter 10 of Genesis ? goes on to explain where the 3 sons of Noah and their descendants eventually settled. It's pretty clear that the descendents of Japheth are what we would consider "white people".

"1Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood. 2The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras. 3And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah. 4And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim. 5By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations." Genesis 10:1-5

Biblical Archaeology can trace the names of the sons of Japheth to specific locations that are located in what we call Europe. I mean there is TONS of evidence that can trace the names to places all over in Europe. For example:

Gomer: A people inhabiting "the sides of the north" (Ezekiel 38:6); the Galatae of the Greeks (Josephus, 'Ant.,' 1:06); the Chomarii, a nation in Bactriana on the Oxus (Shulthess, Kalisch); but more generally the Cimmerians of Homer ('Odyss.,' 11:13-19), whose abodes were the shores of the Caspian and Euxine, whence they seem to have spread themselves over Europe as far west as the Atlantic, leaving traces of their presence in the Cimhri of North Germany and the Cymri in Wales (Keil, Lange, Murphy, Wordsworth, 'Speaker's Commentary ).

That's just one example. You can do that for all the names and see that they went towards Europe after the flood. Plus ? specifically states in verse 5 that "the isles of the Gentiles" were divided in their lands by the sons of Japheth.

Saying that Esau is the father of the Caucasians or the "white race" isn't sound biblical exegesis honestly. When you do bad exegesis you get into all sorts of bad hermeneutics, which in the end hurt the cause of Christ instead of helping the cause of Christ.

• Black Boy King
    Options
    Japheth is not the father of the Caucasian race; he is the father of the Asians. Your post is citing geographical locations implying that the sons of Noah went off to their inheritance and stayed put. Reading history, this is certainly not the case; there or geography.

I will make a detailed post when I get home this evening.

...my question for now though is, @DoUwant2go2Heaven?‌ who is Esau? The Bible says Esau is the end of the world. Who is it ruling today?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    "Now the sons of Noah who came out of the ark were Shem and Ham and Japheth; and Ham was the father of Canaan. These three were the sons of Noah, and from these the whole earth was populated." Genesis 9:18-19

In chapter 10 of Genesis ? goes on to explain where the 3 sons of Noah and their descendants eventually settled. It's pretty clear that the descendents of Japheth are what we would consider "white people".

"1Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood. 2The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras. 3And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah. 4And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim. 5By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations." Genesis 10:1-5

Biblical Archaeology can trace the names of the sons of Japheth to specific locations that are located in what we call Europe. I mean there is TONS of evidence that can trace the names to places all over in Europe. For example:

Gomer: A people inhabiting "the sides of the north" (Ezekiel 38:6); the Galatae of the Greeks (Josephus, 'Ant.,' 1:06); the Chomarii, a nation in Bactriana on the Oxus (Shulthess, Kalisch); but more generally the Cimmerians of Homer ('Odyss.,' 11:13-19), whose abodes were the shores of the Caspian and Euxine, whence they seem to have spread themselves over Europe as far west as the Atlantic, leaving traces of their presence in the Cimhri of North Germany and the Cymri in Wales (Keil, Lange, Murphy, Wordsworth, 'Speaker's Commentary ).

That's just one example. You can do that for all the names and see that they went towards Europe after the flood. Plus ? specifically states in verse 5 that "the isles of the Gentiles" were divided in their lands by the sons of Japheth.

Saying that Esau is the father of the Caucasians or the "white race" isn't sound biblical exegesis honestly. When you do bad exegesis you get into all sorts of bad hermeneutics, which in the end hurt the cause of Christ instead of helping the cause of Christ.

what about the first chapter of Obadiah its implication? As a precept to the verses I posted, does that not point to America and its "founding fathers"?

• MGWIII
    Options
    Now that Jesus has come wouldn't that have changed the fate of Esau, under Christ we are all one. I do agree that America had destroyed a lot over generations but that is a system not a race.
    Question. Do you have to be baptized by water.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    No, ? says this in regards to the sons of Japheth:

"By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations." Genesis 10:5

The description that I gave of Gomer states that he kept moving westward as far as the Atlantic ocean. So of course they sons of Noah just didn't stay put. But as they expanded and kept moving westward, some settled in lands, while others kept going further west. That is how expansion and settlement works. Some stay, some move.

But are we just going to throw out ALL the evidence that can trace the names of Japheth to locations scattered throughout Europe, Russia, and Asia Minor? How do you explain away the mountains of references from Antiquity that locate the names of the sons of Japheth to places in Europe. For example Javan:

"Javan is by all agreed to be the father of the Grecians; hence Alexander, king of Grecia, is in Daniel 8:21 called king of Javan; and one part of Greece bore the name of Ionia; and the sea that washed it is called the Ionian sea. And his posterity are "Iaonians", in Homer (i) and Aristophanes (k); and the scholiast of the latter says, that the Barbarians call all Greeks Iaonians."

"Javan. Identical with Ἰάων (Greek), Javana (Sanscrit), Juna (Old Persian), Jounan (Rosetta Stone); allowed to be the father of the Greeks, who in Scripture are styled Javan (vide Isaiah 66:19; Ezekiel 27:13; Daniel 8:21; Daniel 10:20; Joel 3:6)"

Are we just going to discount what the ancients said? And say that no, JAVAN is not the father of the greeks?

And to answer your question Esau is the twin brother of Jacob that sold his birthright for a morsel of bread. Esau disobeyed his fathers instructions and took a wife from the Ishmaelites, thus founding the Edomites.

"And Esau seeing that the daughters of Canaan pleased not Isaac his father; Then went Esau unto Ishmael, and took unto the wives which he had Mahalath the daughter of Ishmael Abraham's son, the sister of Nebajoth, to be his wife." Genesis 28:8-9

"Magdiel and Iram. These were the chiefs of Edom, according to their settlements in the land they occupied. This is the family line of Esau, the father of the Edomites." Genesis 36:43

Edom can be located on a map bordering Israel to the southeast, which is known as the TransJordan . Here goes extensive scholarship based on what the Bible teaches in regards to the founding of Edom and there relationship to the nation of Israel.

http://www.bible.ca/archeology/bible-archeology-edomite-territory-mt-seir.htm

Honestly Judah black your my brother in Christ but this isn't my cup of tea. I honestly HATE discussing "Racial issues" in regards to the Bible. It's just so meaningless and unfruitful for me personally. ? is no respecter of person. All this race stuff does nothing for me. I want to preach Jesus Christ and Him crucified. I want to lead ALL races to the Creator of ALL races. The dividing line for entrance into the kingdom of ? isn't race, ethnicity, or nationality. It's faith and confession in the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. That is what gets my blood flowing and my Spirit moved. This discussion is bitter water to me. You can post your rebuttal and I will read it, but i'm done with this topic of race. This isn't the mountain ? has given me to climb. ? bless you.