Official 2014 NFL Draft/Off Season Thread

Options

Comments

• themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? won't mean anything if Manziel can't perform on the NFL level, which is still to be determined. All Manziel doing is putting more pressure on himself to perform at the NFL level. Dude delusional if he think about to just walk in and cake walk in a league full of grown ass professionals. You get humbled in the NFL real quick if you don't perform consistently. Ask RGIII, he and Manziel don't even compare on the talent level.

I see you suckas hating early this morning who cares if he turns up w/model chicks regularly? Let that boy cook on and off the field SMH

And stop lying he's talented it's just a matter of will he meet the hype

Like I said earlier this morning. ? won't mean a ? thing if he flops in the NFL. He'll be outta the league just like Tim Tebow if he can't perform. That's not opinion either. You in serious denial if you think grown ass men in the NFL ain't waiting to show lil boy he ain't all that.
    I just don't understand the Tebow comparisons.. Smh.. And football players are looking to show anyone on any team they aren't all that.. That's the point of competition...

You can ? ride for Manziel all day if that's what you choose, those points still stand. Live up to all the hype HE creates for himself or find himself out of the league. I'm not bout to argue over semantics. Produce or shut the ? up is all that needs to be said in regards to the NFL.

Quick question.. How did he create hype for himself??? Far as I know, the only thing u can do to impress NFL teams enough to consider u a top ten pick is produce.. Which is what he did.. It's up to them to determine if he has that type of value.. If anything, without the off the field stuff, they would have alot less questions about if they were gonna take him... What u said made little sense

You gonna be here to cape for Manziel during the season?

I ain't caping.. U just don't like him.. If u wanna say ESPN created fan hype for him, then say that.. But don't say him or ESPN created hype for the teams looking to draft him becuz I doubt they listen to anything they have to to say when regards to who they gonna pick.. They looking at him becuz he produced against the best college athletes for 2 str8 years, winning a Heisman as a freshman.. Yeah he needs work but who doesn't??

Just be here to answer for boy if ? don't go according to plan just like you here now. Put up or shut the ? up...
    oh i think he will be good.. put up or shut up tho?? the ? am i puttin up???

Oh word?

Well, Drew Brees is ELITE, a Super Bowl champion and MVP, and a future 1st ballot Hall of Famer. Holla at me when Johnny Boy come close to scratching the surface to that, til then, who the ? is Johnny Manziel on the NFL level?

comparing a college kid to a potential hall of famer?
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need a nfl team in san antonio.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    txboi_09 wrote: »

Aint's almost moved there twice. Once in the mid-80s and after Katrina. The same fat, old owner you see in the booth spinning umbrellas and ? today tried to ? on the city on the sneak tip twice.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options

Saint's almost moved there twice. Once in the mid-80s and after Katrina. The same fat, old owner you see in the booth spinning umbrellas and ? today tried to ? on the city on the sneak tip twice.

He is from San Antonio so I thought they were gone after Katrina. Then Blanco gave him her first born child and her ovaries to stay. Only good thing Jindal did was to fix that BS deal.
  • caddo man
    Options
    The team has been making profits since Khan bought them. Not sure where you got that ? from. Besides, someone posted that exact thing you did last year

Jaguars are 20th in attendance and 31st in team value. The value jumped 9% when Khan bought them.
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    The team has been making profits since Khan bought them. Not sure where you got that ? from. Besides, someone posted that exact thing you did last year

Jaguars are 20th in attendance and 31st in team value. The value jumped 9% when Khan bought them.

So what's your point? Still baffled at how we went from Bills new ownership to Jax's "financial problems". Westside Lu would be proud of the reaching that just ensued
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Aint's almost moved there twice. Once in the mid-80s and after Katrina. The same fat, old owner you see in the booth spinning umbrellas and ? today tried to ? on the city on the sneak tip twice.

I remember they played here during Katrina.
  • caddo man
    edited April 2014
    Options

So what's your point? Still baffled at how we went from Bills new ownership to Jax's "financial problems". Westside Lu would be proud of the reaching that just ensued

I state facts. You come back with feelings. I give you quotes from Forbes and Yahoo articles. You come back with.................................................................*nothing*

Sorry to tell you bruh but until the jags move their team value from the bottom 5. The moving rumors will always be there. When the tarps are gone, the winning starts, and Khan gets people to fight for sponsorship then you will know they are not leaving cause the team value will be in the billions.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even tho Toronto's population is bigger than Buffalo and their stadium holds about 20,000 less people than the Ralph they still can't sell out those games they play up there.

And the fans that do show up half of them root for the other team. If you listen to the Bills players interviews they all say they don't like playing up there. That city/region has no connection to the team it makes no sense to move them there.

And it's not just Buffalo that supports the team, Bills fans go from here to about Syracuse and even down into Northern PA. That's why NYS can support 3 football teams. The Jets/Giants have the tri state area and we have most of Upstate NY.

And Toronto is three hours from here not 45 minutes playboi
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I state facts. You come back with feelings. I give you quotes from Forbes and Yahoo articles. You come back with.................................................................*nothing*

Sorry to tell you bruh but until the jags move their team value from the bottom 5. The moving rumors will always be there. When the tarps are gone, the winning starts, and Khan gets people to fight for sponsorship then you will know they are not leaving cause the team value will be in the billions.

You're confusing facts with speculation. Unless there is a breaking news story I missed, there really isn't anything else to say on mine or anyone else's part
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    ? won't mean anything if Manziel can't perform on the NFL level, which is still to be determined. All Manziel doing is putting more pressure on himself to perform at the NFL level. Dude delusional if he think about to just walk in and cake walk in a league full of grown ass professionals. You get humbled in the NFL real quick if you don't perform consistently. Ask RGIII, he and Manziel don't even compare on the talent level.

I see you suckas hating early this morning who cares if he turns up w/model chicks regularly? Let that boy cook on and off the field SMH

And stop lying he's talented it's just a matter of will he meet the hype

Like I said earlier this morning. ? won't mean a ? thing if he flops in the NFL. He'll be outta the league just like Tim Tebow if he can't perform. That's not opinion either. You in serious denial if you think grown ass men in the NFL ain't waiting to show lil boy he ain't all that.
    I just don't understand the Tebow comparisons.. Smh.. And football players are looking to show anyone on any team they aren't all that.. That's the point of competition...

You can ? ride for Manziel all day if that's what you choose, those points still stand. Live up to all the hype HE creates for himself or find himself out of the league. I'm not bout to argue over semantics. Produce or shut the ? up is all that needs to be said in regards to the NFL.

Quick question.. How did he create hype for himself??? Far as I know, the only thing u can do to impress NFL teams enough to consider u a top ten pick is produce.. Which is what he did.. It's up to them to determine if he has that type of value.. If anything, without the off the field stuff, they would have alot less questions about if they were gonna take him... What u said made little sense

You gonna be here to cape for Manziel during the season?

I ain't caping.. U just don't like him.. If u wanna say ESPN created fan hype for him, then say that.. But don't say him or ESPN created hype for the teams looking to draft him becuz I doubt they listen to anything they have to to say when regards to who they gonna pick.. They looking at him becuz he produced against the best college athletes for 2 str8 years, winning a Heisman as a freshman.. Yeah he needs work but who doesn't??

Just be here to answer for boy if ? don't go according to plan just like you here now. Put up or shut the ? up...
    oh i think he will be good.. put up or shut up tho?? the ? am i puttin up???

Oh word?

Well, Drew Brees is ELITE, a Super Bowl champion and MVP, and a future 1st ballot Hall of Famer. Holla at me when Johnny Boy come close to scratching the surface to that, til then, who the ? is Johnny Manziel on the NFL level?

comparing a college kid to a potential hall of famer?

Drew Brees set the standard for quarterbacks under 6 foot and theirs nothing 'potential' about his Hall of Fame status. It's first ballot bruh. And for the record, Johnny Manziel is likely to be taken with the 4th pick and could likely be the 1st quarterback taken in this draft. Just based on that alone grants ANYBODY the right to hold him to high standards. When have we not held quarterbacks taken high in the first round to high standards?

Mike Vick, 6 foot, #1 overall draft pick, Flop
    Drew Brees, 6 foot, 2nd round pick, Super winning quarterback
    Russell Wilson, 5 foot 11 inches, 3rd round pick, Super Bowl winning quarterback
    Johnny Manziel, 5 foot 11 inches, 1st round pick, TBD

Their's a history and a precedence here with the fact that the last 6' quarterback to go in the first round was Michael Vick and that was 13 years ago back in 2001. Just based on this alone makes it not unreasonable to hold Manziel to high standards if he's going to be the first short quarterback since Michael Vick to be drafted in the first round. Clearly there's been a lot of ground work laid for well over 10 years to up the draft value and status of short quarterbacks in the NFL.

Don't try to ? on me for putting these facts in it's proper context cause ? on here act like they wanna ignore NFL history.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/tall-task-does-height-matter-for-nfl-quarterbacks/22067/
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rumor is The Raiders gone cut Pryor on monday.

Wonder where he lands....
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

In the bushes.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember Menace was calling Pryor The Goat. Was some other culprits too.
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    140 days my friends
  • T.Vick04
    T.Vick04 Members Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

cfl_english5705.jpg

• south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You also forgot that during Katrina The Then New Orleans Hornets were playing games in Oklahoma City and they almost moved there too and that's how The Thunder ended up in OKC after watching how the fans supported The Hornets, it's just Katrina happened and they had to play somewhere else.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    south4life wrote: »

You also forgot that during Katrina The Then New Orleans Hornets were playing games in Oklahoma City and they almost moved there too and that's how The Thunder ended up in OKC after watching how the fans supported The Hornets, it's just Katrina happened and they had to play somewhere else.

Nah, he never seriously considered moving them to OKC.

But it did help the city's case to have a team when Clay Bennett Fast-Way/Ski-Masked-Way the Sonics and brought'em home.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    south4life wrote: »

Nah, he never seriously considered moving them to OKC.

But it did help the city's case to have a team when Clay Bennett Fast-Way/Ski-Masked-Way the Sonics and brought'em home.

Yes, George Shinn did seriously consider moving them. David Stern wouldn't let it happen and bought George Shinn out of ownership of the team.

• greenwood1921
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I heard different. *shrug*

And Stern "bought him out" because he was hemorrhaging money and running the team into the ground so the hornets basically got put on NBA welfare.

Shouts out to Chris Paul telling all the Sonics players how dope OKC fans were before they came.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDB wrote: »
    I remember Menace was calling Pryor The Goat. Was some other culprits too.

The GAWD/THE TRUTH
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Manziel trolling the internet again, on his jet skis catching passes. Cue this ? zydeco gettin his panties in a wad

• ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Manziel trolling the internet again, on his jet skis catching passes. Cue this ? zydeco gettin his panties in a wad

Why do I need to do that when at the end of the day his play on a NFL field is gonna speak for everything? That's how the NFL works bruh.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rolando McClain is walking away from the NFL again, this time for good.

On the day the linebacker was due to report to the Baltimore Ravens for the first day of the team's offseason workout program, he sent a text to ESPN.com saying, "I gotta follow my heart. It ain't football. If football made me complete I would play. But whenever I think of it my heart pulls me away from whatever reason. ... This means I'm done."
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    Rolando McClain is walking away from the NFL again, this time for good.

On the day the linebacker was due to report to the Baltimore Ravens for the first day of the team's offseason workout program, he sent a text to ESPN.com saying, "I gotta follow my heart. It ain't football. If football made me complete I would play. But whenever I think of it my heart pulls me away from whatever reason. ... This means I'm done."

I was hoping he would make it back.. But if ya heart ain't in it, it probably ain't gonna happen