Nigeria GDP rebase on Sunday likely to make it Africa's No. 1 (OVERTAKING SOUTH AFRICA)

Options
2»

Comments

• cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Progress is always good, but they Mexico GDP is more than twice as much. And Mexico isn't exactly a first world country.

Proximity to USA helps Mexico

I agree
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Europe is trying to ? Nigeria up more by funding those Islamic groups

Which nations in Europe are doing that? I wouldn't put anything past Europeans but those Islamic terror groups seem to hate the West and Nigeria's govt almost equally, because Nigeria's oil production often gets help from Western nations and that oil is polluting much of Nigeria's coasts, causing lots of health and financial problems. If anything, I thought Europe was helping to fund Nigeria's govt

France in particular
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    With all of Nigeria's money and power now, they should be able to prevent stupid ? like this from happening.....200 girls were kidnapped from a school in Nigeria's Muslim dominated north coast by Boko Harem, a fanatical Muslim sect. Some have been found but witnesses say those girls are already being ? , forced to convert to Islam, and are forced to be servants, of every kind....Nigeria sadly still has a pretty weak govt

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/21/world/africa/nigeria-abducted-girls/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

No one knows where the missing girls are. And even more surprising, no one's particularly shocked.

"All the community are sympathizing with the parents," Kwambura told CNN earlier. But, she said, "the people in the villages are not surprised."

Such is life in the lawless Borno province.

Tucked away near the border with Cameroon, with phone services cut off and travel strongly discouraged, this poor corner of Nigeria is no stranger to such brazen, violent acts.

For 11 months, the provinces of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa have been under a state of emergency due to relentless assaults blamed on Boko Haram.

The Islamist militant group has bombed churches and mosques; kidnapped women and children; and assassinated politicians and religious leaders.

--Reason # 98798798 why I HATE religion