Clippers Owner Donald Sterling To GirlFriend - Don't Bring Black People To My Games (AUDIO/PIX)

Options

Comments

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »
    Larry Johnson said it best. This is the best opportunity to ? the Nba, and start our own league.

Damn I haven't heard from Larry Johnson since his 4 point play in the 99' playoffs
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we look at figures like Malcolm, Martin, Harriet, Marcus, Ali, Jackie, John Carlos, etc because they had the courage to suffer for their convictions. we also look at those who lack that courage as such. not saying we should vilify them, but lets not act as if they just couldn't under any circumstance stand up.

But it seems like there is no in-between in a lot of people's minds. It's either you boycott and don't play or you a ? . ? ain't always that black or white.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    we look at figures like Malcolm, Martin, Harriet, Marcus, Ali, Jackie, John Carlos, etc because they had the courage to suffer for their convictions. we also look at those who lack that courage as such. not saying we should vilify them, but lets not act as if they just couldn't under any circumstance stand up.

But it seems like there is no in-between in a lot of people's minds. It's either you boycott and don't play or you a ? . ? ain't always that black or white.

yeah... and I have to agree that its unfair. they didn't do anything wrong... per se...
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    I tell ya
    t's always gets to me when I see ? ,demand someone to do this or that when they don't have stake in the outcome. All hot and bothered cuz

if I were in that situation I'll do this! And then this!
    Then I'll this! and say this!!

Of course if I were in that situation........

I just don't believe this argument. looking at my own life, I have had to take a leadership role when it was uncomfortable. I have also seen many others have to do it. I don't like how you're acting as if this is an unreasonable expectation of those in positions to make moves. of course its easy to point the finger at them. but who doesn't have to face expectations? why are they exempt format he spotlight? its their turn.

I feel you.

the honest truth is,
    ya'll expecting too much from them

I mean, they get paid millions of dollars to throw a ball in a damn hole!

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    If I was a player I would have sat my ass down and cited my owner creating a hostile work environment as justifiable cause for me doing so ...

The thing is ..these millionaire ass ? are so ? scared to potentially lose a ? buck as well as losing a couple points with their q rating that the best they could muster up was

I just posted that SI's lawyer just broke this down on the legal ramifications of the players boycotting. You'd have to prove the comments Sterling made away from the workplace had an impact on the actual workplace. If they boycott and that's not proven to be true, just that he's a racist ? away from the environment the players work in, then those players are losing out on more than just a buck. It's the entirety of their contracts. Contrary to popular belief all those players aren't sitting on $100's of millions to be able to take that loss like it's nothing.

Owners have a punch clock?

When the ? are they not the acting face of the franchise? ...

Lol

When are they not "on the job" ...real question tho ..

That's like saying ...well ..the president said ? all the Jews .... but it was at his homies personal backyard bbq so it don't count doe!

Additionally ..There's around 12-15 ? on that team ...some of the best basketball players in the WORLD are on that team.. If those contracts were voided I find it very hard to believe that they wouldn't all have new ones on the table from another team tmmrw ... ? another owner probably would sign them ? just for the positive press alone .... so I'm not really feeling that Arguement ... ? just scary blood

It's not an argument. It's the actual legal reasoning behind it. Seems like you're looking at it as if it's automatic it'd be determined to be a hostile work environment and in a court of law it's not that easy to prove. Not to mention cases like that often get dragged out in court for a while so it's not like the ? would simply be settled in the off season and they'd be back on the court by October when the next season starts. If the contracts are voided then yeah the players are free to leave. If they're found in violation of those contracts they're legally responsible for the money left on them.

I'm not saying its automatic ..I'm saying that this would be my stance and we would work it out in court ...

Like I said before ... If the players union would have stood together as a collective they could have potentially done some damage
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    They have a right not to but seeing as how the general basketball public helps to determine their worth it's in their best interest to care.

Well, that's not completely true. Athletes get paid all the money they do in part due to their celebrity. So if you're comfortable making all your money based on the fact that people are supporting you, then you are somewhat subject to their expectations of you.

Well, that's not completely true. Their talent,skills and choice of sports agent determine their worth.

Okay, I didn't handle the situation the way YOU would have like me to or the way YOU would have handled it.

That doesn't change my .395 field goal percentage

I said public perception helps to determine their worth not that it was the complete determinant of it. There's plenty of players who are skilled enough but reputations with the public are too ? for a team to sign them.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options

Welcome to the IC. On this site I've seen people say voting for Obama makes you a ? . I've seen people say voting for Obama makes you a ? . By IC logic, cooning is like contracting cancer, if you live long enough, you're going to do it.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Matt- wrote: »
    Wait. Darius Miles could be the reason he hates black people

Wack jokes got you banned
    Give me a damn good reason why you'll ever click "unban"?

i mean @Young_Chitlin‌ is STILL banned and all he does is post, nothing more, nothing less

Matt should be done forever. Cosign this post @Cain
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotdamn, that ? Chitlin still banned? I thought he just got the point and ? took his talents elsewhere.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Saying he believes white Jews are 150% better than black Jews isn't considered white supremacist ideology?

Like what are you even saying bro?

What do you mean .."get the ? out of here with that topic of white supremacy ? "

What the ? are you saying bruh?

I'm not reading the rest of your ? until you can explain that

in that case its a good thing i dont have to explain myself to u...that being said yes it is pretty ? ridiculous to say this case represents the topic of white supremacy especially when there are so many real issues that can make that case that ppl dont even want to bring up...

it kills me the extremes ppl want to go...comparing this to the trayvon martin case which actually can/will have an impact on gun and self defense/hate crimes....or comparing this to vietnam and segregation in baseball.

? shut this dumb ? up.... I asked you a simple ? question as to how this is not about white supremacy and you start tap dancing then go into some diatribe about how this aint like Trayvon Martin?

Can't answer my ? question or bring anything to the table as to explain how its "rediculous" yet you are adamantly against what I'm saying..

? outta here blood ... ? clown

smh ... Don't even know why I give you dudes the benifit of the doubt sometime
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/kareem-blame-sterling-girlfriend
    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Places Blame On Sterling's Girlfriend For 'Cajoling' Him Into Racist Comments

Basketball legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar suggested on Monday that Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling's racist rant is at least partially his girlfriend's fault.

"And now the poor guy’s girlfriend (undoubtedly ex-girlfriend now) is on tape cajoling him into revealing his racism," Abdul-Jabbar wrote in a blog post for Time. "Man, what a winding road she led him down to get all of that out. She was like a sexy nanny playing 'pin the fried chicken on the ? .' She blindfolded him and spun him around until he was just blathering all sorts of incoherent racist sound bites that had the news media peeing themselves with glee."

Abdul-Jabbar also complained about the media's decision to just now cover Sterling's racism.

"They caught big game on a slow news day, so they put his head on a pike, dubbed him Lord of the Flies, and danced around him whooping," he wrote, noting that he does somewhat understand people's reaction to Sterling's latest comments.

"What bothers me about this whole Donald Sterling affair isn’t just his racism. I’m bothered that everyone acts as if it’s a huge surprise," Abdul-Jabbar continued. "Now there’s all this dramatic and very public rending of clothing about whether they should keep their expensive Clippers season tickets. Really? All this other stuff I listed above has been going on for years and this ridiculous conversation with his girlfriend is what puts you over the edge?"

The former Milwaukee Bucks and Los Angeles Lakers star was also annoyed that outlets publicized a private conversation, comparing the leak to the infamous Mitt Romney 47 percent video, which was taped at a private event.

"Didn’t we just call to task the NSA for intruding into American citizen’s privacy in such an un-American way? Although the impact is similar to Mitt Romney’s comments that were secretly taped, the difference is that Romney was giving a public speech. The making and release of this tape is so sleazy that just listening to it makes me feel like an accomplice to the crime," he wrote.

• JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

These ? AIN'T EVEN TALKING ABOUT IT

they actively decided to take that option off the table ... so if it seems that people are focused only on one resolution you'd need to place blame on the players for that..
  • Trillfate
    Options
    I HIGHLY doubt any of you ? talking about what those players should have done or shouldn't have done

would be just as quick to react,and immediately jeopardize you and your family's livelihood and throw it all away
    if you find out the owner of YOUR company,at YOUR "dream" job,that has YOUR wife and kids living a certain standard was caught saying some racial ? in a recorded convo

Yes, even if you are a millionaire,? just doesn't work that way.

Cuz that's an impressive figure for us "everyday working folk"

But not too much for someone that's living in 25-30 million dollar mansion, driving a 100,000 dollars car, sending their kids to 60-70 dollars a semester collage,etc,etc,

Your ass would probably do the same thing they are doing,acknowledge you aren't cool with the ? ,
    then plot,plan and strategize a way to get out of the situation......or better yet GET HIM out of the equation
    i said it earlier and i'll reiterate...
    if im a Cp3 or whomever id find a balance between ? on the owner and continuing to ball

Id never be mistaken for a ?

Id be as belligerent as Snoop in his instagram vid while brazenly daring Sterling to threaten my job/livelihood...

then id hit the court, mess around and get a triple double....

@ the post game conference im back on my "? Donald Sterling" wave.

Repeat.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/kareem-blame-sterling-girlfriend
    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Places Blame On Sterling's Girlfriend For 'Cajoling' Him Into Racist Comments

Basketball legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar suggested on Monday that Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling's racist rant is at least partially his girlfriend's fault.

"And now the poor guy’s girlfriend (undoubtedly ex-girlfriend now) is on tape cajoling him into revealing his racism," Abdul-Jabbar wrote in a blog post for Time. "Man, what a winding road she led him down to get all of that out. She was like a sexy nanny playing 'pin the fried chicken on the ? .' She blindfolded him and spun him around until he was just blathering all sorts of incoherent racist sound bites that had the news media peeing themselves with glee."

Abdul-Jabbar also complained about the media's decision to just now cover Sterling's racism.

"They caught big game on a slow news day, so they put his head on a pike, dubbed him Lord of the Flies, and danced around him whooping," he wrote, noting that he does somewhat understand people's reaction to Sterling's latest comments.

"What bothers me about this whole Donald Sterling affair isn’t just his racism. I’m bothered that everyone acts as if it’s a huge surprise," Abdul-Jabbar continued. "Now there’s all this dramatic and very public rending of clothing about whether they should keep their expensive Clippers season tickets. Really? All this other stuff I listed above has been going on for years and this ridiculous conversation with his girlfriend is what puts you over the edge?"

The former Milwaukee Bucks and Los Angeles Lakers star was also annoyed that outlets publicized a private conversation, comparing the leak to the infamous Mitt Romney 47 percent video, which was taped at a private event.

"Didn’t we just call to task the NSA for intruding into American citizen’s privacy in such an un-American way? Although the impact is similar to Mitt Romney’s comments that were secretly taped, the difference is that Romney was giving a public speech. The making and release of this tape is so sleazy that just listening to it makes me feel like an accomplice to the crime," he wrote.

? are getting mad that a white supremacist has been exposed to the national media?

...what the ? is his point?

He knew he was being taped anyways so his whole outrage over "what the girl did" sounds silly
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man...everyone showing what they really about with comments on this incident...

Lol not Kareem man....
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They have a right not to but seeing as how the general basketball public helps to determine their worth it's in their best interest to care.

Well, that's not completely true. Athletes get paid all the money they do in part due to their celebrity. So if you're comfortable making all your money based on the fact that people are supporting you, then you are somewhat subject to their expectations of you.

Well, that's not completely true. Their talent,skills and choice of sports agent determine their worth.

Okay, I didn't handle the situation the way YOU would have like me to or the way YOU would have handled it.

That doesn't change my .395 field goal percentage

I said public perception helps to determine their worth not that it was the complete determinant of it. There's plenty of players who are skilled enough but reputations with the public are too ? for a team to sign them.

nah, it all comes down your choice in agent to get these billionaires to you sign to those 100 million dollar 4-5 years contracts.

Because public perception is Micheal Jordan is uber ? ,with ? people skills
    and he shy's away from any and all public controversies,specially those dealing with race.

Never really stood up for a damn thing

But yet..............
  • Trillfate
    Options
    Kareem.

What do They call a Black man who acts like he's "above it all" ?
    ? .
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tell ya
    t's always gets to me when I see ? ,demand someone to do this or that when they don't have stake in the outcome. All hot and bothered cuz

I just don't believe this argument. looking at my own life, I have had to take a leadership role when it was uncomfortable. I have also seen many others have to do it. I don't like how you're acting as if this is an unreasonable expectation of those in positions to make moves. of course its easy to point the finger at them. but who doesn't have to face expectations? why are they exempt format he spotlight? its their turn.

I feel you.

the honest truth is,

we are expecting to much of them, but they aren't above facing criticism either

right now, and i don't know what the players plan to do in the future, just seems like they were trying to save face yet at the same time do as little as possible to jeopardize their own personal goals ....which is their right but they are public figures and don't deserve any sympathy when they are taken to task, at least not from me. especially considering that its possible a lot of these players were aware of sterling's past

and they didn't have to sit out necessarily, i feel the majority of us would've been satisfied if the players simply decided not to score a point...that way they could have gotten their point across and stayed within their contracts. instead what they did decide to do was weak as hell

not to mention most the players have decided not to speak to the media about the matter

• rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So they're supposed to just stop playing because of that racist idiot? The teams dedication is to the fans and themselves, not that punk ass owner. I also think people are just watering down the word slave for this ? . Is there really a such thing as a million dollar slave? Hell we're in the middle of a should college athletes get paid debate right now and some of the same people who are calling these millionaires slaves are against college athletes getting paid. College kids are more so slaves than the Clippers players. Anyway them players quitting would add to the stereotype of black men quitting at life because "the white man is holding us back". Man people ? me with this wave of temporary black power and ? . If you're on that ? now, be on it all the time.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard that the players didn't want to play but doc rivers wanted them too
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fu
    Trillfate wrote: »
    I HIGHLY doubt any of you ? talking about what those players should have done or shouldn't have done

would be just as quick to react,and immediately jeopardize you and your family's livelihood and throw it all away
    if you find out the owner of YOUR company,at YOUR "dream" job,that has YOUR wife and kids living a certain standard was caught saying some racial ? in a recorded convo

Yes, even if you are a millionaire,? just doesn't work that way.

Cuz that's an impressive figure for us "everyday working folk"

But not too much for someone that's living in 25-30 million dollar mansion, driving a 100,000 dollars car, sending their kids to 60-70 dollars a semester collage,etc,etc,

Your ass would probably do the same thing they are doing,acknowledge you aren't cool with the ? ,
    then plot,plan and strategize a way to get out of the situation......or better yet GET HIM out of the equation
    i said it earlier and i'll reiterate...
    if im a Cp3 or whomever id find a balance between ? on the owner and continuing to ball

Id never be mistaken for a ?

Id be as belligerent as Snoop in his instagram vid while brazenly daring Sterling to threaten my job/livelihood...

then id hit the court, mess around and get a triple double....

@ the post game conference im back on my "? Donald Sterling" wave.

Repeat.

exactly you didn't want to Be a "radical"
    Instead, U do an inside outside shirt protest .
    then U go on the court, looking confused hurt & weak . Get ya ass busted .
    then press conference time , you scared to say how you feel

Chris Paul & them clipper guys got emasculated Infront of everybody.
    this what happens when u dont stand Up for your self.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still can't accept the fact people are accepting or imploring us to the idea that he said these things in private and thus should not be taken seriously. This man is going on 81/82, suffice to say he's done worse things these "private comments". Nothing worse than a closet racist.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Kareem.

What do They call a Black man who acts like he's "above it all" ?
    ? .
    I tell ya

I feel you.

the honest truth is,

we are expecting to much of them, but they aren't above facing criticism either

right now, and i don't know what the players plan to do in the future, just seems like they were trying to save face yet at the same time do as little as possible to jeopardize their own personal goals ....which is their right but they are public figures and don't deserve any sympathy when they are taken to task, at least not from me. especially considering that its possible a lot of these players were aware of sterling's past

and they didn't have to sit out necessarily, i feel the majority of us would've been satisfied if the players simply decided not to score a point...that way they could have gotten their point across and stayed within their contracts. instead what they did decide to do was weak as hell

not to mention most the players have decided not to speak to the media about the matter

The idea of not scoring a point it a great idea for real
This discussion has been closed.