About to go to war with N. Korea?

Options

Comments

• Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    busayo wrote: »
    just because NK has nukes doesn't mean it can launch them sucessfully. they would be fools to use nukes in their backyard anyway but North koreans are that crazy

I'm talking about on US soil, and the government will use this as a perfect opportunity to scare everyone into a New World Order with phony nuke threats. Unless they are crazy enough to actually set one off as a second more devastating 9/11.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    u said America was havin a difficult time due to having to differentiate from combatant and civilian when in fact they're not.. they're jus killing EVERYBODY.. so they're jus having a difficult time..
    i took it as u using that as an excuse when in fact it isnt..

i dont think America wants it with N. Korea.. i have to look it up but i believe i read somewhere where they have the ability to jam our signals.. so America couldnt jus sent missles.. they'd have to actually go in and fight..
    seein as they cant handle a pocket of resistance in Afghanistan or Iraq.. i doubt they'd fair well when the odds are against them 10:1 as far as man power..

Exactly....we're struggling against the Taliban, what the flying ? are we gonna do against a nation that has a million plus soldiers??
  • Gural
    Gural Members Posts: 96
    edited May 2010
    Options
    economic sabotage would be preferred at this point hey even it means starving a whole bunch of folks

? everyone on that country is already starving haha. What else can we do though, why does America always have to be startin ? with people why cant another country take the lead on this ? ...
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The USA does not want to go to war with North Korea right now.....and I guarantee it WON'T.
    this part i agree with. however...
    We're already going broke fighting in the Middle East, I doubt we want to take on a nation with a million plus soldiers like NK has.
    massively overrated military forces always include North Korea.
    It's no coincidence the Korean War ended in a draw.
    i'm not sure how this argument works, because the reason the Korean War ended the way it did was the entrance of CHINESE military forces into the conflict... and at a time when North Korean had essentially been driven to the border of China. a brief synopsis goes something like:

-surprise NK attack against under-trained, under-supplied US/SK forces that barely hang on;
    -uh, bring in some US Marines or something;
    -NK forces apparently not as awesome as previously thought;
    -uh, bring in so very many Chinese troops;
    -end this war before Alan Alda's preaching makes us ? someone

so if China doesn't enter this conflict, what's the comparison?
    NK may be a 3rd world country, but it has a first rate military, along with financial backing from China.
    financial backing from China? sure. first-rate military? not so much. bragging up their number of troops is a smokescreen; so are attempts to impress with the supposed quality of their troops. it would obviously be a messy, difficult struggle, but not because NK's military is so first-rate.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    Ya'll hambones can fool with those people if you want but keep in mind they have a heavily armed militia in every hood in America.

During the L.A. riots those Koreans was pulling out Ar15's with boyonets on them ? , I seen one with a K7 let off 30 shots in the air and the ? barely made a whistle.
    Do you think Koreans could set up shop in the most gang-infested murderous neighborhoods in America if they wasnt strapped??

Last thing we need is angry Koreans I dont want to get murked just because I needed a Black & Mild, a pickel, some magnum rubbers, and a hard-boiled egg from the store.

^^^ this guy knows that of which he speaks. They dont play.
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited May 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    u said America was havin a difficult time due to having to differentiate from combatant and civilian when in fact they're not.. they're jus killing EVERYBODY.. so they're jus having a difficult time..
    i took it as u using that as an excuse when in fact it isnt..

i dont think America wants it with N. Korea.. i have to look it up but i believe i read somewhere where they have the ability to jam our signals.. so America couldnt jus sent missles.. they'd have to actually go in and fight..
    seein as they cant handle a pocket of resistance in Afghanistan or Iraq.. i doubt they'd fair well when the odds are against them 10:1 as far as man power..

Yes, you are correct. I was pointing out that it is hard to find the enemy and the difficult terrain makes it hard to win that war. We just nuked the moon and nuked a comet that was suppose to land in the ocean. Nk AND Iran are two countries that talk and talk, and the politicians love to bring up because it scares people. Facts are we could take that country out in a second. I am not saying we should, just saying we could.
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The USA does not want to go to war with North Korea right now.....and I guarantee it WON'T. China has deep ties with North Korea, and as China holds TRILLIONS in American debt, I doubt highly we want to ? of China right now. Obama knows this, and so does North Korea......keeping it real, nobody is going to war against anybody. ESPECIALLY the USA. South Korea is gonna take the loss of their sailors like a man and keep it moving. If they do choose to fight, there won't be any American soldiers doing the fighting. We're already going broke fighting in the Middle East, I doubt we want to take on a nation with a million plus soldiers like NK has.

umm there are about 18000 american soliders in the korean peninsula and more in mainland japan. don't be so cynical.
    don't mess with a wounded lion just because its injured.
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    I'm talking about on US soil, and the government will use this as a perfect opportunity to scare everyone into a New World Order with phony nuke threats. Unless they are crazy enough to actually set one off as a second more devastating 9/11.

there is no evidence that NK has the ability to launch a NUCLEAR WEAPONS into american soil.

our missile shield should be more than capable anyway. people seem to forgot NK has pretty dated soviet era weapons and has little punch besides help from china.

where would NK get its fuel from in times of war and a NAVAL BLOCKADE?
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ^^^ this guy knows that of which he speaks. They dont play.

Those same Koreans he is talking about, probably are South Koreans that don't support the NK.....
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Why....? ....................
  • Chike
    edited May 2010
    Options
    there is no evidence that NK has the ability to launch a NUCLEAR WEAPONS into american soil.

our missile shield should be more than capable anyway. people seem to forgot NK has pretty dated soviet era weapons and has little punch besides help from china.

where would NK get its fuel from in times of war and a NAVAL BLOCKADE?

This nations defenses is supposedly the most powerful in the world, yet a couple of alleged Arabs managed to re-arrange NYC's skyline, as well as crash right into the countries defense building in the capital.

The point is, NK doesn't have to have nukes, nor the capability of using them on us. People will still believe whatever the government tells them, and if they feel like saying a nuke is going to hit American soil, you best believe people are going to believe it, despite any proof that NK is incapable of doing so.
  • _Ozymandias_
    _Ozymandias_ Members Posts: 490
    edited May 2010
    Options
    we're not going to war with NK because China's not having it.

1) china is NK biggest trading partner

2) china doesn't want US troops on their border

and truthfully the US doesn't want war as either.

1) we have very few allies left in the world that will be willingly to contribute to another US-led military invasion. we don't have the troops or resources to go alone.

2) NK may not be able to reach the US mainland, but they could attack Japan or South Korea w/ nukes, which could have effects on international markets (not to mention led to all-out nuclear war)

3) we don't want to ? off china
  • 86 jordan
    86 jordan Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hope not, it's not worth it, but lately the world seems to be gearing for WWIII. We need to get out of all the wars to save $ and protect all of our borders. If we protected our borders 911 would of never happened because 11 of the hijackers were here illegally.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Top 3 Reasons We Aren't Going to War with North Korea

3) China don't want it. China knows better than anybody how ? up and fragile North Korea is. They don't want millions of North Korean refugees and they don't want drama on their border PERIOD. China is embarassed by North Korea. They treat N.K the same way you treat your crackhead cousin that begs you for money. Would you help your crackhead cousin if he started a fight and was gettin his ass whipped?

2) South Korea don't want it. North Korea has tens of thousands of missiles and rockets pointed at South Korea's capital city and would turn that ? into Cloverfield in a half hour.

1) North Korea DOES. NOT. WANT IT with the full unleashed power of the U.S Military. Helllllll naw. Ya'll ? thought the U.S was bombing Iraq and Afghanistan? Ha ha. No. That ain't ? compared to what NK would catch, believe dat. Obama approval rating would be bananas.
  • Swiffness!
    edited May 2010
    Options
    1) china is NK biggest trading partner

For what little that's worth....

2) china doesn't want US troops on their border

Nor do we, you can ask MacArthur bout that
    1) we have very few allies left in the world that will be willingly to contribute to another US-led military invasion. we don't have the troops or resources to go alone.

You're assuming this would be like Iraq. Trust me when I say a North Korea war would bear 0% resemblance to Bush's Iraq crusade.

2) NK may not be able to reach the US mainland, but they could attack Japan or South Korea w/ nukes, which could have effects on international markets (not to mention led to all-out nuclear war)

They were barely able to build their test nukes out of duct tape, cardboard, and uranium. I highly doubt they have the capability to shoot a nuke. And besides, if North Korea did that.....IT WOULD BE THEIR ASS. 1st off, it would give the U.S an excuse to do.................anything. 2nd, the nuclear fallout would damage China, and ? off China is seriously the single most ? thing Kim Jong Il could do.

3) we don't want to ? off china

Yeah, and they don't want to ? us off.
  • Swiffness!
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    This nations defenses is supposedly the most powerful in the world, yet a couple of alleged Arabs managed to re-arrange NYC's skyline, as well as crash right into the countries defense building in the capital.

That's because 9/11 was a brilliant terrorist plan. Why go through the trouble and expense of smuggling in weapons and building bombs when some quick flight training and dollar store boxcutters will do the trick?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »

3) China don't want it. China knows better than anybody how ? up and fragile North Korea is. They don't want millions of North Korean refugees and they don't want drama on their border PERIOD. China is embarassed by North Korea. They treat N.K the same way you treat your crackhead cousin that begs you for money. Would you help your crackhead cousin if he started a fight and was gettin his ass whipped?

2) South Korea don't want it. North Korea has tens of thousands of missiles and rockets pointed at South Korea's capital city and would turn that ? into Cloverfield in a half hour.

1) North Korea DOES. NOT. WANT IT with the full unleashed power of the U.S Military. Helllllll naw. Ya'll ? thought the U.S was bombing Iraq and Afghanistan? Ha ha. No. That ain't ? compared to what NK would catch, believe dat. Obama approval rating would be bananas.

this man knows his stuff
  • Chike
    edited May 2010
    Options
    That's because 9/11 was a brilliant terrorist plan. Why go through the trouble and expense of smuggling in weapons and building bombs when some quick flight training and dollar store boxcutters will do the trick?

lol box cutters... more proof people will believe any BS spewed at them. smh.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

Good post.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    goat334 wrote: »
    Those same Koreans he is talking about, probably are South Koreans that don't support the NK.....
    Yeah its easy to tell the diff, the Southside were Blue and the Northside wear red....
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Do it, North Korea is a threat to everyone, if future war with them is inevitable which I believe it is, we might as well stop it while its still growing rather than wait until its in full blown beast mode. The only people i would worry about war with is China.

If you go to war with North Korea, China will be involved. She is her closest ally in that region.

North Korea is not bothering the USA, leave them alone and quit trying to amass troops at her border with South Korea and ships in the Pacific. That is the only reason they are flexing.

And what did I tell you about speaking French too much? Talking about "we"............ ? , I believe you have a slight pronoun problem.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

Swiff,

She may be a crackhead cousin, but if you think China is going to go for a greater US presence in their area than they already have you are sorely mistaken. They will most certainly extend a continental ? slap to anybody who sets foot in that region and attempts to destabilize it. How they feel about North Korea is irrelevant.

Sisters better learn how to do nails and accept going natural.
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hope we don't go to war i'm over here stationed in Japan on sea duty, we go to war that will ? up all the liberty ports we suppose to hit this year.
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    DAMITT wrote: »
    Hope we don't go to war i'm over here stationed in Japan on sea duty, we go to war that will ? up all the liberty ports we suppose to hit this year.

Not that is of any importance to anybody else.
  • _Ozymandias_
    _Ozymandias_ Members Posts: 490
    edited May 2010
    Options
    For what little that's worth....

Nor do we, you can ask MacArthur bout that

You're assuming this would be like Iraq. Trust me when I say a North Korea war would bear 0% resemblance to Bush's Iraq crusade.

They were barely able to build their test nukes out of duct tape, cardboard, and uranium. I highly doubt they have the capability to shoot a nuke. And besides, if North Korea did that.....IT WOULD BE THEIR ASS. 1st off, it would give the U.S an excuse to do.................anything. 2nd, the nuclear fallout would damage China, and ? off China is seriously the single most ? thing Kim Jong Il could do.

Yeah, and they don't want to ? us off.

yeah ok. so what's your point. i don't understand what your arguing?

for the most part you're reinforcing my point that because of these reasons war is not likely to happen.

if your arguing to argue then...

1) the trade relationship is extremely important. while the china/nk trading partnership is only worth about $1B, NK is pretty much dependent on china, they are basically a satellite nation of china. so nk serves as china's proxy counter weight to american power in the region. nk can openly defy american power, and china reaps the reward. much like israel was america's proxy in middle east. so china is not going to tolerate a us war within china's sphere of influence. which leads to...

2) nk is a buffer for china against us troops(ie us influence) being on the border of china. and china can announce publicly that wouldn't get involved in any us-nk conflict. they are not going to just sit on the sideline and let the us gain even more power in the pacific. the would defiantly provide support to their proxy.

3) you're right a war with nk would be nothing like the iraq war, because the nk's a going to fight to last man is dead. iraq had a divided population that was being run by an unpopular minority sect. despite what we think of kim jong-il, he is held in high revence in that country and their million man army (further supported by china) is not going to fold like the iraqi army. and we don't even have the troops to engage in an all out military invasion of north korea.

4) there is no doubt that nk has nukes. and they may have the capability to mount them on medium-range missiles which means they could reach sk & japan. and yes, if they used them we would have to respond with nukes. which is one of the reasons i said there wont be any war against north korea. countries with nukes don't attack each other. that's why countries like nk, iran, and syria are working so hard to get them.

5) when you combine the us economic situation, the fact we're stuck in two foreign wars, and all the debt they hold over us, china could give ? about ? us off right now. that's why they won't sign on to any real sanctions against nk or iran or really do anything to reign in nk. cause they don't fear american power like they did 10-15 years ago.

most of the world knows that china is the rising global power, and prolly in the next 50 years will be the most dominant nation in the world. when you have the prime minister of japan saying that it may be time for japan to re-evalaute japan's relationship with the us and hinting that they japan may need to have closer ties to china, you know there's a shift in power taking place.