The Official 2013-2014 College Basketball Thread

Options

Comments

• Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harrison twins had to stay. ? weren't impressive playmakers nor were they that explosive from the perimeter. ? take away Aaron's clutch shots and UK fans were ready to run them ? outta Lex.

This will be a true test for Cal to see if he can build up talent as UK's backcourt weaknesses is what kept them from being all around unstoppable.
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jon Horford from Michigan transferring to UF to be eligible immediately.
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10843206/jon-horford-transfers-florida-gators-michigan-wolverines

The Squad next year:

BIGS:

* Jacob Kurtz (6-6, 210, SR)
    Damontre Harris (6-10, 235, RSR)
    Jon Horford (6-10, 250, RSR)
    Dorian Finney-Smith (6-8, 214, RJR)
    * * Alex Murphy (6-9, 230, RJR)
    Chris Walker (6-10, 220, SO)
    Devin Robinson (6-9, 195, FR)

* Non-Scholarship Player

* * Duke Transfer, may not be eligible until December

PERIMETER

* Eli Carter (6-2, 200, RJR)
    Michael Frazier II (6-4, 199, JR)
    Devon Walker (6-6, 200, JR)
    * Dillon Graham (6-4, 190, RSO)
    Kasey Hill (6-1, 185, SO)
    Brandone Francis (6-5, 210, FR)
    Chris Chiozza (5-10, 160, FR)

* Medical redshirt 2013-14

Rather loaded once again.

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10843206/jon-horford-transfers-florida-gators-michigan-wolverines

The Squad next year:

BIGS:

* Non-Scholarship Player

PERIMETER

That's weird Horford transferring now. He was up next to take over that UM team .
  • G.Avant
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »

The Squad next year:

BIGS:

* Non-Scholarship Player

PERIMETER

That's weird Horford transferring now. He was up next to take over that UM team .

Yeah I know I'll take him though, not looking for much really just a solid defender and more depth, anything else would be a plus. We haven't potentially been this deep in the front court in along time. Squad got a chance to cause serious problems again next year.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Hibbert needs to give up his nba eligibility and go back to Georgetown. They could use a back up center.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just snagged Myles Turner #.hookem
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just snagged Myles Turner #.hookem

Rick Barnes better not ? this up
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Texas front court and UK front court are GOAT. Didn't know of I would be interested in college hoops next season but now I'm in. Just jump on a wagon now. Gators? UK? Duke?
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    KU Beezy wrote: »
    ^traitor

Mad??

• Beezus
    Options
  • Beezus
    Options
    tharpe transferring
    eh
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tharpe transferring
    eh

Why? Who gets his spot now Frankamp(sp) ?
  • Beezus
    Options
    We got Mason too
  • G.Avant
    Options
    Texas front court and UK front court are GOAT. Didn't know of I would be interested in college hoops next season but now I'm in. Just jump on a wagon now. Gators? UK? Duke?

We got plenty room man. I doubt you'll regret it.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

We got plenty room man. I doubt you'll regret it.

I've been on the kasey hill ban wagon since I saw him and Chris Walker ? ? up on youtube. What can your school offer me? Feel like a ? getting recruited.. I need at least 4 meals a day... Plus a dorm on the beach. KU ain't offer me ? but hopes and dreams. Where them boosters at?
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Free crab legs at UF!
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree, ain't nobody ? with Kentucky's frontcourt next year... they have NBA size, talent and depth:
    7'0 Willie Cauley-Stein
    7'0 Dakari Johnson
    7'0 Karl Towns
    6'10 Trey Lyles
    6'10 Marcus Lee
    6-8 Alex Poythress
    after that the other elite frontcourts next year are Texas (Cameron Ridely, Myles Turner and Jonathan Holmes) Kansas(Cliff Alexander, Perry Ellis, underrated transfer Hunter Mickelson and Jamari Traylor) UNC (Brice Johnson, Kennedy Meeks, Isiah Hicks and Joel James) Duke( Jahlil Okafor, Amile Jefferson and Marshall Plumlee) Wisconsin(Frank Kaminsky - the most skilled center in College Basketball next year, Sam Dekker and Nigel Hayes) and Florida (Chris Walker, Dorian Finney-Smith, Damontre Harris and Jon Horford)
    tharpe transferring
    eh
    Word? I wonder why he decided to suddenly leave as an underclassman...
    tbh Frank Mason impressed me more when we(Duke) played yall this year, dude was athletic and attacking the paint with no hesitation lol. Tharpe always seemed to take more dumb shots but to be fair also had a more consistent jumpshot.

If you guys get prep transfer Devonte Graham- its between KU and NC State soon- it will be interesting to see who Bill Self picks as the starting PG. He's just as quick as Mason and has great passing vision.
  • Beezus
    Options
    Said its because his daughter has health issues and he wants to be closer to her
    I think it has more to do with it than just that
  • Beezus
    Options
    Reload
    graham to kansas
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    I agree, ain't nobody ? with Kentucky's frontcourt next year... they have NBA size, talent and depth:
    7'0 Willie Cauley-Stein
    7'0 Dakari Johnson
    7'0 Karl Towns
    6'10 Trey Lyles
    6'10 Marcus Lee
    6-8 Alex Poythress
    after that the other elite frontcourts next year are Texas (Cameron Ridely, Myles Turner and Jonathan Holmes) Kansas(Cliff Alexander, Perry Ellis, underrated transfer Hunter Mickelson and Jamari Traylor) UNC (Brice Johnson, Kennedy Meeks, Isiah Hicks and Joel James) Duke( Jahlil Okafor, Amile Jefferson and Marshall Plumlee) Wisconsin(Frank Kaminsky - the most skilled center in College Basketball next year, Sam Dekker and Nigel Hayes) and Florida (Chris Walker, Dorian Finney-Smith, Damontre Harris and Jon Horford)
    tharpe transferring
    eh
    tbh Frank Mason impressed me more when we(Duke) played yall this year, dude was athletic and attacking the paint with no hesitation lol. Tharpe always seemed to take more dumb shots but to be fair also had a more consistent jumpshot.

If you guys get prep transfer Devonte Graham- its between KU and NC State soon- it will be interesting to see who Bill Self picks as the starting PG. He's just as quick as Mason and has great passing vision.

I just don't see it with Cliff Alexander. Not a fan at all.

• The Iconoclast
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ^^^Damn...was hoping Myles Turner was going to lead Longhorns to a Big 12 Title but now it's looking like KU bout to give him that Kevin Durant treatment- who went win-less against KU in his only year. On the road to 11 straight conference titles?...pure dominance smdh lol.

Can't wait for the Champions Classic, you guys will play #1 Kentucky again. Maybe the best early game match-up in the season. Coincidentally the last time Kansas and Kentucky played each other in the regular season both squads eventually went on to play in the NCAA Championship for a rematch.
  • The Iconoclast
    edited May 2014
    Options
    7'0 Willie Cauley-Stein
    7'0 Dakari Johnson
    7'0 Karl Towns
    6'10 Trey Lyles
    6'10 Marcus Lee
    6-8 Alex Poythress
    tharpe transferring
    eh

Nah Cliff is the real deal. He and Jahlil Okafor were on the same AAU team(Mac Irvin Fire) and both gave teams that work. IMO Okafor, Alexander and Karl Towns are the most NBA ready out of the post players in this class. Myles Turner has the most potential but he's much softer and the least physically ready to dominate.

Did you watch the Jordan Brand Classic or Nike Hoop Summit? Cliff Alexander and Okafor were awarded Co-MVPs of the game then they went on and dominated Karl Towns, Trey Lyles and the big African dude from the World team.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    7'0 Willie Cauley-Stein
    7'0 Dakari Johnson
    7'0 Karl Towns
    6'10 Trey Lyles
    6'10 Marcus Lee
    6-8 Alex Poythress
    tharpe transferring
    eh

Nah Cliff is the real deal. He and Jahlil Okafor were on the same AAU team(Mac Irvin Fire) and both gave teams that work. IMO Okafor, Alexander and Karl Towns are the most NBA ready out of the post players in this class. Myles Turner has the most potential but he's much softer and the least physically ready to dominate.

Did you watch the Jordan Brand Classic or Nike Hoop Summit? Cliff Alexander and Okafor were awarded Co-MVPs of the game then they went on and dominated Karl Towns, Trey Lyles and the big African dude from the World team.

Yea I watched those all star games.. Meh. He's a good athlete but that's about it. Maybe I'm wrong.. We'll find out soon enough. Honestly I feel Okafor is slightly overrated too. He has game no doubt but he doesn't have ideal nba athleticism.. not really an effective defender.. Reminds me of Al Jefferson which isn't a bad thing but I wouldnt put him in the same class as Wiggins and Parker as far as elite prospects are concerned.
  • G.Avant
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Free crab legs at UF!

Where dey at??!! Where dey at??!! Where dey at??!!