"Classism is the New Racism"- The Dream

Options
2»

Comments

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree

I see broke white people hanging from trees every day.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Ask those "high class" Clippers if their higher tax bracket got them any respect. NOPE they was still a bunch of ? on a woodgrain plantation far as their OWNER was concerned.

No racism is the new and old racism. And classism is classism.

? always wanna be "Deep." Like those idiots that say dumb ? like,"there's only one race; the human race." then get scared when they see a ? walking towards them on the sidewalk after dawn. FOH

tumblr_m2qu0duP3L1rnvwt1.gif
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Two different things but classism is becoming more and more apparent though. Also not th first time a celebrity has said this....
  • 1800skypager
    1800skypager Members Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both have always existed, and the aristocrats only associate with aristocrats because the peasants, black & white, are stuck in a mental box that prevents them from becoming noble.

The upper percentile of the 1%ers are wealthy from the ignorance of the 99% and don't give a damn about your ethnic background. The elite have a firm grasp on the minds of the public.

• 1800skypager
    1800skypager Members Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So racism and classism don't often work in tandem? One has to replace the other? FOH, racism is far from dead and this mentality is ignorant and dangerous.

Anyway this is coming from the idiot who took the blame for Gweneth Paltrow when she used the n-word on twitter and said he logged into her account and typed it smh.

Nope, classists think the gp are all ? ; no matter the ethnicity.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So racism and classism don't often work in tandem? One has to replace the other? FOH, racism is far from dead and this mentality is ignorant and dangerous.

Anyway this is coming from the idiot who took the blame for Gweneth Paltrow when she used the n-word on twitter and said he logged into her account and typed it smh.

Nope, classists think the gp are all ? ; no matter the ethnicity.

? out of here. Rich blacks are discriminated against too or made to disown their own people and assimilate. ? is definition in it's origin meaning black coming from ? (? league) which is used as such in other languages. It's like saying blacks are of a lower class by default which in itself is racist. The psychological tricks of whites twisting a word (they invented) describing our skin to make us hate ours
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope.

Oblivious,disingenuous and comatose people run with this...

Look at the type of laws being touted, vitriol being screamed..people being assaulted maimed and killed isnt not because people are looking at their paychecks
    Beat me to it. This non-singin' a*s n*gga should stick to making songs about trickin'.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Classism exists...but race can determine what "class" you belong to. And racism ALWAYS trumps classism
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? would make sense if by and large poor White people understood that there was nothing to fear from us and instead directed their hate towards the people who really hold them down, rich and selfish white people. But they don't and still feed into con that is racism in this country.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? would make sense if by and large poor White people understood that there was nothing to fear from us and instead directed their hate towards the people who really hold them down, rich and selfish white people. But they don't and still feed into con that is racism in this country.

this guy gets it...

Divide the masses and they will be easier to control...i said this plenty of time in other threads....

Tim Wise talks about this....and this is what MLK started to realize ironically right before his death.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The races will always be divided there will be no peace
    What you have to decide is if you want to play the game or get played
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As is stands in terms of Race rank in Amerikkka 2014:

1. Whites
    2. Asians
    3. Hindus
    4. Arabs
    5. Africans (bloodshot eyed ones)
    6. Mexicans
    7. Negros

Mexicans moved up one level. making progess.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »

1. Whites
    2. Asians
    3. Hindus
    4. Arabs
    6. Mexicans
    7. Negros

wtf are you talking about?
  • KingKemet
    KingKemet Members Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    Options
    the old racism is still here... don't know why ppl want to act like class isn't tied to race in this here country...

I believe this.

I believe that classicism is more prevalent within our community vs the world. but eeven poor white people would rather be poor and white than rich and black.

Thats one hunnid speak right there. The opposite also applies tho. I'd rather be rich and black instead of poor and white on everything!!!

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rich black folk still get reminded by some of the these white folks who they really are in their eyes just as much as poor black folk.

Word to PK Subban of the Habs (Montreal Canadiens) and every black player on the Clippers.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »

1. Whites
    2. Asians
    3. Hindus
    4. Arabs
    6. Mexicans
    7. Negros

wtf are you talking about?

Classism, wtf are YOU talkin about?

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options

1. Whites
    2. Asians
    3. Hindus
    4. Arabs
    6. Mexicans
    7. Negros

Mexicans aren't ahead bro lol.....the poverty numbers for Hispanics is worse, and Asians aren't doing as good as the media says they are. Orientals and Indians are doing fairly well, but other Asian groups are basically in the same boat as Hispanics and poor Blacks. I'd even go as far as to say Africans should be 3rd or 4th on your list (Hindus/Indians are Asian by the way).....LOL at bloodshot Africans, I respect them cuz they work so hard. I know this African guy who has an outdoor shop and works 16 hours days and he claims he once worked 18 hours in a day....hard working ?
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Rich black folk still get reminded by some of the these white folks who they really are in their eyes just as much as poor black folk.

Word to PK Subban of the Habs (Montreal Canadiens) and every black player on the Clippers.

Exactly, rich Black people get discriminated against too. But classism is definitely growing in society, as the middle class shrinks, more and more people will get ? over by society
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    The races will always be divided there will be no peace
    What you have to decide is if you want to play the game or get played

Pretty much. I'm 30 years old and I've rarely encountered racist episodes. As I tell all my Black friends and family members, the best way to avoid racism is to stay the ? away from White people outside work as often as possible. No racist just truth. Black people I know who live in White neighborhoods like to say, "Damn no rest for the weary" and I'm like ? , that's what you get for living in a White neighborhood.

• kingblaze84
    Options
    KingKemet wrote: »
    the old racism is still here... don't know why ppl want to act like class isn't tied to race in this here country...

I believe this.

I believe that classicism is more prevalent within our community vs the world. but eeven poor white people would rather be poor and white than rich and black.

Thats one hunnid speak right there. The opposite also applies tho. I'd rather be rich and black instead of poor and white on everything!!!

This is also very true......