University of North Carolina "Student" Athlete Term Paper

Options

Comments

• BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good for him, some people are rewarded for their intelligence, others are rewarded for their athletic ability.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Lol I'm doing a ten page paper about how lot of these plagiarism policies be ? and universities should have a mandatory class about citing and avoiding plagiarism
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol I'm doing a ten page paper about how lot of these plagiarism policies be ? and universities should have a mandatory class about citing and avoiding plagiarism

honestly it aint that hard. there are plenty of style guides on the internet for free.
    what plagiarism policies are ? ?
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options

honestly it aint that hard. there are plenty of style guides on the internet for free.

Ok wouldn't call it ? but lot of these universities are putting their fists down on plagiarism, as they should, but a lot of these students don't know ? about knowing how to properly cite because a lot of these teachers don't actually "teach" that as a subject. You know that plagiarizing is really serious and can get you kicked out. Instead of just throwing these students in the fire. If you properly teach them how to cite or/and go over those guides online like Purdue owl, it shouldn't be no excuses .
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

that's what they do in English class. Maybe it's different here tho.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was never a fan of writing papers because I was more into numbers but this ? here is just laziness. The best thing that worked for me is writing a paper is doing an outline. Even asking the teacher for pointers can go a long way. I went to an HBCU so it wasn't these types of classes where its 100:1 student-teacher.
    If you can't read and in college, take advantage of your opportunity and know you're one injury away from not playing anymore. Damn have a foundation to fall back on. The ? is disgusting. You got mofos who would love to go to school but can't because they're not athletic enough or don't have the money.
    Once a student-athlete learns that, upfront you're getting used for your talents then use them for that education. A free one at that.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Ok wouldn't call it ? but lot of these universities are putting their fists down on plagiarism, as they should, but a lot of these students don't know ? about knowing how to properly cite because a lot of these teachers don't actually "teach" that as a subject. You know that plagiarizing is really serious and can get you kicked out. Instead of just throwing these students in the fire. If you properly teach them how to cite or/and go over those guides online like Purdue owl, it shouldn't be no excuses .

Umm most English classes teach you how to properly cite beginning in 9th grade at the latest. By college a lot of professors will actually give you an example of how they want papers for their classes specifically cited. It ain't hard to learn
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Can't cosign. They suppose to teach you but spend 2-3 days on a subject that more important than that .
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    ? y'all English department supports me lol
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They not gonna do u for improper citations... They gonna do u for straight up copy and pasting.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't cosign. They suppose to teach you but spend 2-3 days on a subject that more important than that .

I honestly can't comprehend why a student would need extensive class time dedicated to explanations of what plagiarism is and how to avoid it
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    How hard is it to say this after class or during their office hours "professor what citation style do you want used on this paper? Have any examples from past papers".
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man i was a copy and paste king in college. i never got caught lol ? the whole business college got by with the help of each other if you know what i mean
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    People put so much effort into cheating it's easier to just write the ? paper.

How much you charge?

You been asking about this for 2 days.....you coulda been wrote a rough draft by now
    Aint nobody got time for that ?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How much you charge?

50 a page
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They not gonna do u for improper citations... They gonna do u for straight up copy and pasting.

Exactly. Only English professors are ? about citations like that, most will just put it on the side that it's improper.

Straight up cut & pasting and not citing information are the biggest issues.

• Bcotton5
    Options

How much you charge?

50 a page

You serious? I might get with you later
  • Bcotton5
    Options

How much you charge?

You been asking about this for 2 days.....you coulda been wrote a rough draft by now

This ? ain't fair
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    seen the real sports episode on this..dude that played for memphis was reading dr. seuss books..unc players were taking Swahili and all their classes were online..majoring in multicultural studies and liberal studies
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    my students are at the graduate level... that direct quoting ? don't fly.

What's the purpose of making the paper a certain length? Why does it have to be 8 pages if I can summarize the point in one?

we want details ? !

foh with that ?

g'head and fail then.

I did it! I did it! I just finished my 10 page paper! Shout out @KillaCham and @Vader
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Damn... every single class I've taken @ my school has an APA and citing tutorial/workshop. Regardless I've plagiarized an entire paper without gettin' caught. Although I reworded the whole paper and moved some of the paragraphs around.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Q45T wrote: »

Damn... every single class I've taken @ my school has an APA and citing tutorial/workshop. Regardless I've plagiarized an entire paper without gettin' caught. Although I reworded the whole paper and moved some of the paragraphs around.

In college?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    Man that ain't no paper, that's a damn twitter update.

2bcjkj.jpg
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its been proven to be fake
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Q45T wrote: »

Where you get it from?