Have Black people fully assimilated into American society?

Options
twatgetta
twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
Have Black people fully assimilated into American society? Has the goal MLK blindly fought for a reality now?

WEEEE...SHALLL...OVER...COMEEEE!
racial-violence.png

Have Black people fully assimilated into American society? 15 votes

Yes. We can finally live amongst our White bredren. We are all Gods people.
6%
Ajackson17 1 vote
No. White folks will never fully accept Black people as their equals.
20%
Aristo_V300cainvelasquezCashmoneyDux 3 votes
Yes. As long as we never deal with the past. ever.
0%
I got me a White Gf, I'm on my way to full assimilation.
0%
I got me a White wife, I'm in. Get'chores...
0%
No. White folks are naturally evil and they will never let the truth be known.
6%
PurelyDef 1 vote
No. ? White peole, Assimilation is for suckers. They don't want me, I don't want them.
13%
trapmuzikbruhMainstream_rap_sucks 2 votes
White folks aight. just weird.
13%
kingblaze84Rubato Garcia 2 votes
? you twatgetta, eat glass ? !
26%
2stepz_aheadStillFaggyAFSplackavelliBazz-B 4 votes
Vote twatgetta "Most Provocative threadstarter of 2014"
13%
twatgettaDarth Sidious 2 votes

Comments

• Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Without a question, twatgetta is THE "Most Provocative threadstarter of 2014".

He asks the questions too many are afraid to ask and for that, my hat is off to this agent provocateur
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no he aint.

but no black have not assimilated.

if you really think about it...we are dictators of america and its music and shows. alot od ? the represents america is based of hiphop with came from the poor inner cities but just taken to a corporate level but greedy white folk.

for every black person who walks stiff an takes the bass out his voice to appease white folk we have like thirty wiggers who buy a wu tang album and wear baggy jean with rags hanging out they pocket trying to stroll on beat.

blacks are the voices in americas head they want to get rid of but keeps coming back.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? are tryin though they are getting more disconnected from yesterday

It aint just the actions its the ideologies and cavalier attitudes

Out before the paragraphs
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is a wider world outside of singing, dancing & saggy jeans and even in the world of singing and dancing, there is a wider world of music & dance to consider.

The fact that you are typing in English, speaks volumes to the assimilation of all cultures who have come to this great big melting ? we call the US of A.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Almost forgot kys
  • twatgetta
    Options
    I KNOW for a fact its' at least 20-50 Black people on IC that LOVE white folks and feel like "We made it"..yall ain't gotta hide your Coonish faces.

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Well we got a Black president and the first family is Black so I think it's fair to say Black people have MOSTLY assimilated. Most Black people are doing okay too, although many are suffering and aren't doing too good these days. Many Black people have given up hope and that's why so many act the way they do, sad but I see most Blacks generally fit in. Maybe 70% from what I see......

I voted the way I did only cuz I wanted to see the poll results lol.....I wouldv'e voted "Yes but not completely"
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Damn, maybe I shouldve just chosen No when I think about it....but most have definitely assimilated so it's a tough choice to make.
  • twatgetta
    Options
    I'm suprised to hear you say that Black folks have assimilated @kingblaze84 I disagree.
  • twatgetta
    edited April 2014
    Options
    As you can tell by the interest in the topic, Black folks actually believe they made it and are comfy so convos like this hit the backburner. but soon as a ? is gunned down by a redneck in America here comes the holier than thou church folk screeming ? murder. not realizing ? murder is what these people are all about. they shed ? murder to get this country in the first place.

Comfy Assimilated ? ...I hate em.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2014
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    I'm suprised to hear you say that Black folks have assimilated @kingblaze84 I disagree.

Well as I said, I think 70% of Blacks have. When you say assimilated, I assume you mean fit in or blend in with society. Black people have made their own style here and it's almost mainstream now. Look at how often White people and other races imitate how Black people talk. Look at how our style is copied all over the country, minus the redneck areas. Even many new immigrants who come to America follow our style.

Of course, many Blacks don't fit in society, I got relatives who hate American society and don't wana blend in at all. Some friends I know too, especially here in the Bronx. It's different in some parts of the country but 7 times out of ten, Black people are trying to work a regular job, go to school and get a career while speaking English.....I could be wrong tho
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2014
    Options
    As you can tell by the interest in the topic, Black folks actually believe they made it and are comfy so convos like this hit the backburner. but soon as a ? is gunned down by a redneck in America here comes the holier than thou church folk screeming ? murder. not realizing ? murder is what these people are all about. they shed ? murder to get this country in the first place.

I definitely hear you....I think one way most Black people try to compensate for the ? you said is by living away from White folk. I've always said I'll never live in a White neighborhood, I know my Black ass would get in trouble if even one White guy says something funny to me or someone next to me....

I'm grateful I live in a mostly African neighborhood.
  • PurelyDef
    PurelyDef Members Posts: 65 ✭✭
    Options
    No. White folks are naturally evil and they will never let the truth be known.
    Racism's still alive, they just been concealin it
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see how we didn't assimilate into American society when we are part of American society and history.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Commentary
    A Letter to My Country
    February 18, 2001|OSSIE DAVIS |
    (Ossie Davis is an actor and civil rights activist)

I've been to the mountaintop . . . and I've seen the promised land.

--Martin Luther King Jr.

We African Americans, no matter how stable or infirm the national circumstance, have always kept our eyes, our hopes and our grip firmly on the Bill of Rights. It is our passport, our spiritual identity, our right to occupancy, our legal document of last resort--welcomed or not. For America, our Step-Motherland, has always held us less dear than all the rest--something less than love-hate, but certainly more than bittersweet, has always stood between us. Still we are, by nature, ? and law, a free people too; our rights, by struggle bred, as constitutionally deep as all the rest. The trouble is, though free, we are not equal. And so we often spend the midnight waiting for the other shoe to drop.

My people and I, good or bad, small or large, by ignorance and jealousy still detained. Too many blacks still quarantined in the staging area just outside the mainstream. Can we come in? Or will you be always needing an underdog to complement your ethnic self-importance?

I hope not; I think not; but dawn is almost over, and time is running out. Racial profiles, our blood-bought right to vote (trashed in Florida), Amadou Diallo, Abner Louima--and how many more must Texas drag behind the cruel velocity of her contempt? Two hundred years and more, and you still doubt the loyalty of our citizenship?

Name me one war, one campaign, one battle fought in the name of freedom where we said no.

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. You hold--you say--these truths to be self-evident? Well, so do we. But cowardice, in the name of Jesus Christ, is not patriotism, and turning the other cheek is no longer an option we set before our children; we have become too American for that.

Lest we forget, what brought us here in the first place is not what brought you here. But we can modify the evil consequences. There is a basic good--projected and protected by the law--that America expects from all her patron lovers. But much depends on how we see--and where we set--the Promised Land.

The same Promised Land that Martin saw, and they killed him for it. But not before he took us all to the mountaintop, showed us the future just on the other side and guaranteed that some day we'd have possession too. But how long, Martin, how long?

Yes, Martin, on that last night in Memphis, with the politics of his clairvoyance, made the future much surer than the past. And so, in spite of the present haze and clouds of doubts and dragging feet, of hearty camouflage, smiling, but cold of hand, and saying, "No! I still discern the promise of America."

And still remain a much committed man. So, standing before you now, where Martin stood I say to you in a raised voice: Tear down this wall! We are the mirror where America reads the health of all her principles. Our welfare is the test of this democracy. Or do you see us still the great American bane and afterthought? Does our history, in spite of Martin, still call in secret smirks and winks behind our backs for white and colored drinking fountains?

This subtle barricade between us, whatever it becomes, may yet see the break-up of this nation. Tear it down. Surely, if either of us could have built this thing we call America without the other's help, we would have done it long ago. The stone that holds us back and weighs us down requires a push from both our hands. Tear it down! This Bill of Rights, this holy orchestration, cannot be played if half the instruments choose to remain tone-deaf.

Then let us build America together, the people's one beloved and sure defense, ours as well as yours, shared equally among us all.

Like water fits the swimmer, like breathing fits the lungs, like seeing fits as far as the eye can see.

One nation, indivisible, at long, at last, America.

http://articles.latimes.com/2001/feb/18/opinion/op-26920
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    assimilated as in disenfranchised to the point that we don't have a voice? I guess if they don't see us, we must fit in.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    The question is this. Well from the comic himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoZjXDP7LHs
  • Mainstream_rap_sucks
    Mainstream_rap_sucks Members Posts: 210
    Options
    No. ? White peole, Assimilation is for suckers. They don't want me, I don't want them.

see the thing is, i dont like racist white people. i would like to see a world where races got along and there wasnt such a polarization between white and black interests. i say the things i do on here, because this attitude is counterproductive to that ever being a reality. ill grant that you have alot more reason for your hostility than they do, but if you hate they're attitude so much, why would they ever stop feeling that way when you feel this way. save your response though, i know the answer is because they are devil crackers from caves so they should never interact positively and blah blah blah.