Jay-Z and Solange Rumble In An Elevator......

Options

Comments

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    did yall see the Rick Ross in the elevator with Solange

That ? is funny
    http://youtu.be/6WXAndVeTp4
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They say that a man should never hit a woman for any reason

They say that men & women are equal

They say that we have equal protection under the law

Therefore a woman should never hit a man for any reason. Doesn't matter what Jay might have done. Lock the ? up! He could've hit her ass w/ a stiff jab & I'd still buy the next album if it's good.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    did yall see the Rick Ross in the elevator with Solange

That ? is funny
    http://youtu.be/6WXAndVeTp4

The beginning was... it got corny round the ultimate warrior (rip) part...
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Lmao !! yo that ? was funny af.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    They say that a man should never hit a woman for any reason

They say that men & women are equal

They say that we have equal protection under the law

Therefore a woman should never hit a man for any reason. Doesn't matter what Jay might have done. Lock the ? up! He could've hit her ass w/ a stiff jab & I'd still buy the next album if it's good.

I'm gonna pull you up on that.

You NEVER hit a lady because a gentleman is a man who knows when to be soft and when to stand up and be a man. Being gentle is a choice, not a condition.

But a lady, if she's a real lady, will never give you reason to raise hands instead of raise your voice.

If a woman lays hands on a man first, then ? is Suffragette City and you got a right to defend yourself.

For me it's not about gender...it's about being an adult. As children we were taught that for every action there's a reaction/consequence. As an adult if you hit someone, regardless of your gender or there's, a reasonable reaction to expect from that person is to hit your ass back. Once you hit a man you put yourself in a man's position...plain & simple. I'm all for gender equality, so if I can't hit a woman she can't hit me...if she does hit me then I have the right to hit her back w/o backlash.

I'm not saying I'd hit her like I'd hit another man though...that I don't condone

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    problem was she jumped in his ? like she knew it wouldnt be a response.

thats my problem with that ? .

why jump in the ? face because you know he wont hit you back....

its always a ? to ruin a ?
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @obnoxiouslyfresh & @pico i got some tea on 'Ye & Khloe

www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.php?t=700396

http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.php?t=647688
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T.Taylor wrote: »
    Lmao !! yo that ? was funny af.

I saw this on cnn... the news reporter was laughing so hard they had 2 go 2 commercial lol...
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Men crying about inequality when it comes to female on male violence is a kin to like white people crying about racism...
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Men crying about inequality when it comes to female on male violence is a kin to like white people crying about racism...

Preach
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No it's not. White people crying about racism is BS because by and large they don't experience the negative side of racism. The double standard with men, women, and violence is real and it's something that seems to be getting worse.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options

No it's not. White people crying about racism is BS because by and large they don't experience the negative side of racism. The double standard with men, women, and violence is real and it's something that seems to be getting worse.

But crying about a double standard implies men and women are exactly equal and should be viewed as such ---just like whites crying about racism implies we've both shared the same experiences as races, and that obvious and glaring variables like opression and slavery should be ignored...

when it comes to men/women, the obvious and glaring variable is the difference in physical strength. Let yall tell it that dont even matter.

Imo the comparisons are exact parallels.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited May 2014
    Options
    They aren't exact parallels. For the most parts, whites are not victims of racism, so them crying about it makes no sense.

Regardless, of whether or not men and women are physical equals, the growing tendency of women to believe they are justified in physically attack men can be a big problem. Women don't have to be physically equal to men for it to be pointed out that they shouldn't be attacking men.
  • LPast
    Options

Honestly I don't even feel like what I said was an opinion.

Women have been treated as less than since the beginning of time. Even in this country. Your idea of things getting worse is a drop in the bucket.

Go volunteer at a battered women's shelter before you think men are getting the bad end of the stick.

And don't get me wrong, Solange needs to keep her hands to herself. But I don't think men need a a champion for domestic violence.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now ? got a problem with the law being applied equally for men and women ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Women have been treated as less than since the beginning of time. Even in this country. Your idea of things getting worse is a drop in the bucket.

Go volunteer at a battered women's shelter before you think men are getting the bad end of the stick.

And don't get me wrong, Solange needs to keep her hands to herself. But I don't think men need a a champion for domestic violence.

Who is saying men need a champion for domestic violence? People are pointing out that its ridiculous that people basically try to destroy a man if he gets caught putting hands on a woman, but will go out of their way to come up with silly scenarios for why a woman is justified when she's caught putting her hands on a man. That's wrong. It doesn't matter if women have been abused for centuries. It doesn't matter that women make up the vast majority of victims of domestic violence. You can know that those things are wrong and still acknowledge this is wrong.

And that analogy was still a poor one because women feeling justified in attack men physically when they are mad is a thing, white people being victimized by racism in this country isn't.
  • LPast
    Options

Who is saying men need a champion for domestic violence? People are pointing out that its ridiculous that people basically try to destroy a man if he gets caught putting hands on a woman, but will go out of their way to come up with silly scenarios for why a woman is justified when she's caught putting her hands on a man. That's wrong. It doesn't matter if women have been abused for centuries. It doesn't matter that women make up the vast majority of victims of domestic violence. You can know that those things are wrong and still acknowledge this is wrong.

And that analogy was still a poor one because women feeling justified in attack men physically when they are mad is a thing, white people being victimized by racism in this country isn't.

Didn't I say Solange needs to keep her hands to herself? Acknowledged. Not justified.

Now moving on. if any company, customer, or domestic violence doesn't want to be associated with a man abusing a woman, what's the problem?

Why do people want to ignore history? Do you realize a lot of double standards can be explained? There is a history attached to it.

Fact: Most people don't care about female on male violence. It's usually not that serious compared to male on female violence.

That's probably never going to change.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

Didn't I say Solange needs to keep her hands to herself? Acknowledged. Not justified.

Now moving on. if any company, customer, or domestic violence doesn't want to be associated with a man abusing a woman, what's the problem?

Why do people want to ignore history? Do you realize a lot of double standards can be explained? There is a history attached to it.

Fact: Most people don't care about female on male violence. It's usually not that serious compared to male on female violence.

That's probably never going to change.

You're arguing in circles. No one has said anything was wrong with anyone distancing themselves from a man who beats on women. And no one is saying that female on male violence should be seen as just as prevalent or bad as male on female violence. Once again, people are just pointing out that its hypocritical for people to get so up in arms when a man gets caught doing anything physical towards a woman, but think it's ok when the opposite happens.

I honestly don't understand what you're protesting here. Most of the stance that you seem to be arguing against seems to be made up for the sake of your argument.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So when you Mods gonna make a sticky thread about "JayZ gets slapped by Solange" ? the ether is gettin' epic online. a runaway train even...lol

Beyonce-Solange-Jay-Z-meme-7.png
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That racism analogy was so far different from this I don't even know how you can even get close to making then parallel with each other... Last time I checked whites wasn't out here fighting for the right to be treated like blacks I'm pretty sure they're ok with where they're at
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    According to TMZ reports:

Beyonce and Solange’s reunion in New Orleans really was a family affair … TMZ has learned Jay Z also joined in on the fun.

Bey, Solo and Hova all hit up New Orleans hot spot Cafe Amelie for more than 2 hours Saturday … according to multiple sources — and the fam came with a MASSIVE security detail and 3 black SUV’s waiting nearby.

We’re told a team of bodyguards waited outside making sure no one could get a clear shot of the threesome hanging out.

The person who snapped this pic says when it came time to leave, Jay and Beyonce darted in separate directions to the car … forcing the photog to choose one. The queen won.

Since Bey’s wearing the same dress … looks like that Instagram with Solange was taken during this lunch

beysolojaytina.jpg?w=640&h=560

public relations Hov ^^^
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    beysolojaytina.jpg?w=640&h=560

First thing that caught my attention in this pic was the 'hair' the three women rocked ..

I do like Solange's style
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH at that picture man. Jay-Z look uncomfortable as hell.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
This discussion has been closed.