DJ Paul Reveals Gangsta Boo's Departure From Da Mafia 6ix

Options
RickyRich
RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
Exclusive: DJ Paul says the decision was "mutual for everyone."

DJ Paul says that Gangsta Boo is no longer a member of Da Mafia 6ix.

"Long story short of it all, we just wanted to do what was best for the fans and best for the group and what was going to make everybody happy,” DJ Paul says during an exclusive interview with HipHopDX. "We just think that it was the best move. It was mutual for everyone."

DJ Paul says that Gangsta Boo’s aspirations as a solo artist and outside of Da Mafia 6ix did not have an impact on her departure from the group. On Tuesday (May 27), Gangsta Boo released her Witch project with La Chat.

"You know her solo thing was in the making while the group was together, so it wasn’t nothing about that,” DJ Paul says. "It was what we thought was going to be best for everybody. It just happened. Nobody forced nobody. It was a gut feeling.”

DJ Paul, Gangsta Boo, Crunchy Black, Lord Infamous and Koopsta Knicca are five of the six members of Three 6 Mafia, which also includes Juicy J. The quintet assembled as Da Mafia 6ix last year while Juicy J was enjoying success as a solo artist.

Da Mafia 6ix was Lord Infamous’ idea, DJ Paul says. “He got me in touch with Koop, because he’s with Koop a lot,” DJ Paul said during an exclusive interview with HipHopDX in November. "Both of them still live in Memphis. Boo got in touch with Crunchy Black, but I see him a lot because he’s out on the West Coast. His number had got changed, so Boo got me in touch with him, and Lord found Boo for me.

"Lord kind of put the whole thing together, because it started out as something I had been talking about since the Skale-A-Ton album,” DJ Paul continued. "I was talking about doing another Come With Me To Hell album with me and Lord Infamous. But Lord was like, 'You know what? I don’t even want to do Come With Me To Hellright now if you’re thinking about doing a group album. I’d rather us do it as a group.' He really fought for the group, and I was like, 'Alright…cool.'”

In November, Da Mafia 6ix released its 6ix Commandments mixtape. Lord Infamous passed away in December.

In February, Da Mafia 6ix launched its Triple 6ix Sinners Tour. The group brought Lord Infamous’ casket on tour with them.

"I wanted him to be there,” DJ Paul said at the time. "I'm that kind of guy—a weird, kinda creepy kind of guy. I had to pay a lot of money to get an extended tour trailer that would fit his casket and all of the mercy."

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    well damn, i guess the rumors were true, i should have known this ? wasnt gon really last.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? like that happens. The person who brought all them back together dies and everybody probably just like let's stop bullshittin and get out each other way
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gangsta Boo is stupid af. This as relevant that she ever been in years (besides that Yelawolf song) & she blew it.

How you are going to be treating the fans bad when they are the ones to buy your product. I kinda see why Juicy & her had beef now, Juicy probably was like "she's a bit too ignorant". Sit yo ass down somewhere & enjoy it because if it wasn't for Paul putting her on then she'll still be Lola Mitchell
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Gangsta Boo is stupid af. This as relevant that she ever been in years (besides that Yelawolf song) & she blew it.

How you are going to be treating the fans bad when they are the ones to buy your product. I kinda see why Juicy & her had beef now, Juicy probably was like "she's a bit too ignorant". Sit yo ass down somewhere & enjoy it because if it wasn't for Paul putting her on then she'll still be Lola Mitchell

Elaborate...cause I'm kinda lost on the rumors and what's going on with them.
  • gltio
    gltio Members, Writer Posts: 46
    Options
    she seems hard to get along wit .
  • gltio
    gltio Members, Writer Posts: 46
    Options
    well i hope now she knows that its never going to work wit them , so she can continue with whats left of career she thought she had ..oooohkillem
  • T. Sanford
    Options

I think either Peezy or someone else said yesterday that she was acting rude to the fans
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Just another episode of groups in the music industry
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited May 2014
    Options

I think either Peezy or someone else said yesterday that she was acting rude to the fans

i think yesterday in the 3 6 thread dude had said somebody was asking paul about it on twitter or youtube and he said something about the fans complaining. all this pretty much came outta nowhere to me i thought errthing was all good lol smh. im interested to see how that album will go, i was kinda feelin boo parts on murder on my mind and stash spot tho
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who's worst? These ? or Bone Thugs?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Who's worst? These ? or Bone Thugs?

Too close to call from me who's a fan of both and have most of their group efforts. Both had really high highs but mediocre to subpar joints since then.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kinda saw this coming, it never felt like they were all the way in on this new group ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    idk why i thought lord passing would make them even closer

313eaac0_wrong1_zps33be3bce.jpeg

i do get the vibe at times that koop and crunch back cool with paul cuz of better money purposes tho even tho they had started gettin along b4 last year a lil bit, juice and lord still got along with paul regardless, i wouldnt be shocked of paul had boo head boosted up or somethin, when they first all linked up it was him and her in all the interviews, i bet she thought she took juicy spot
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Again?!

These ? break up n reunite more than bone thugs

What gone happen with da mafia 6 album?

Lords death couldnt even keep em together

Three 6 back to bein a 3 man group. Paul, Koop n Crunchy
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    gltio wrote: »
    well i hope now she knows that its never going to work wit them , so she can continue with whats left of career she thought she had ..oooohkillem

she don't really have much of a career without them tho. That Rumors mixtape she dropped a couple of years ago was dope but that was the last time she was relevant to me. It took Paul took bring her style back

I can tell she is arrogant because when she was in that interview with Paul & Juicy name was brought. I didn't like her vibe on how she was speaking on it & you can tell Paul wasn't feeling it either
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack. I'm disappointed
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THAT MAFIA 6 TAPE WAS DOPE AS ?
    THIS ? GB SEEMS VERY PROBLEMATIC THO
    R.I.P. LORD INFAMOUS....THIS MAFIA 6 ? WAS NICE WHILE IT LASTED
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ehh her verses wasnt dat strong on da Mafia 6ix mixtape anyway she's beyond washed. Like T Sanford said dis was da most buzz she had in years i heard 1 of da tracks she made wit La Chat nd ? was awful shorty is delusional to think she has a shot at a solo career in 2014. Also DJ Paul needs to link up wit old HCP members cuz a mixtape wit him crunchy nd koop aint gonna hit cuz Koop is WAY too inconsistent in his verses to be da 2nd option lls
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Worl'Boss wrote: »
    In February, Da Mafia 6ix launched its Triple 6ix Sinners Tour. The group brought Lord Infamous’ casket on tour with them.

"I wanted him to be there,” DJ Paul said at the time. "I'm that kind of guy—a weird, kinda creepy kind of guy. I had to pay a lot of money to get an extended tour trailer that would fit his casket and all of the mercy."

uh_wtf_gif.gif
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I knew there were unresolved issues after the power interview

paul looked a lil uncomfortable and she was still a lil heated at juicy
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These ? are just like Bone, at this point who gives a ? ......stop getting back to together just to break up lol...