Is JOHN STOCKTON the greatest point guard of all time??

Options
13»

Comments

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    nahhhh....
    Top 4.

But he got no rings. I can't put him over Magic, Big O, or Zeke without rings.

He neck and neck with Kidd, tho.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nahhhh....
    gman82 wrote: »
    blu197 wrote: »
    He had the numbers, just not the rings. He's the assist and steal king. I dont wanna hear no system PG ? . HE MADE MALONE MORE THAN MALONE MADE HIM.

You do know Malone is 2nd all time in Defensive Rebounds (7th in total rebounds) a two time MVP, 2nd in Field Goals made and points scored plus 1st in win shares ALLTIME...

Malone could have won without Stockton because his tremendous post skills only required that he got the touches. It's not as if Stockton was throwing him lobs on a regular basis on some Payton/Kemp ? ...

Malone is 3rd all time in win shares

My bad.. he is, Kareem and Wilt are ahead of him
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gman82 wrote: »
    blu197 wrote: »
    He had the numbers, just not the rings. He's the assist and steal king. I dont wanna hear no system PG ? . HE MADE MALONE MORE THAN MALONE MADE HIM.

You do know Malone is 2nd all time in Defensive Rebounds (7th in total rebounds) a two time MVP, 2nd in Field Goals made and points scored plus 1st in win shares ALLTIME...

Malone could have won without Stockton because his tremendous post skills only required that he got the touches. It's not as if Stockton was throwing him lobs on a regular basis on some Payton/Kemp ? ...

Malone is 3rd all time in win shares
    Kys... win shares lmao foh with this neo statisitcal garbage
  • TrillRussell
    TrillRussell Members Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nahhhh....
    What MJ is to the Shooting Guard position..Magic is to The Point Guard position..he revolutionized it and made it acceptable for big guys to push the pill.and put up crazy numbers.won alot of rings while doing it..It's him..then there's everybody else..J.Stock top 5 tho
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    no way would i take Nash over John.

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nahhhh....
    Just from the eye test I gotta take Stockton. Nash was a very good playmaker but with his defensive deficiencies and finesse style the suns weren't ever gonna win deep in the playoffs.

I remember magic said Stockton gave the lakers headaches because he could play fast or slow depending on what they needed, and would strip their scoters of the ball. And Payton called him or ougher to guard than the GOAT.

I'm not sayin that makes it true but I don't think anyone feared Nash like that. He couldn't affect the game on both ends. Matter fact I remember all good point guards dropping career highs on him.

They lost that game Amare was suspended for by a couple points, they were evenly matched with the spurs but that ? suspension changed the whole series, if they got through the Spurs they would of handled Utah and Cleveland, not saying they would have but a game 7 would of been on their home floor
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Him and Nash are big byproducts of the system they were in imo. I just feel like dudes like Magic, Isiah, etc would be great anywhere in any system.

Don't do this b.

And hell na John Stockton aint the best PG, he's not even top 5 b.

C'mon bruh
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nahhhh....
    He's number 4 of all times on my list

1) Magic Johnson

2) Isaiah Thomas

3) Oscar Roberson

4) John Stockton
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah, Stockton is not the greatest PG of All Time

That would be Earvin Magic Johnson
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just saw a stat that stockton never grabbed more than 9 rebounds in a game.

j-kidd is a better PG than stockton. j-kidd in his prime would get the rebound and get that fast break started for an easy bucket. only other PG who could do that was magic

1.magic
    2.zeke
    3.oscar
    4.j-kidd
    5.stockton
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He is my 2/3 because I consider Oscar a 2 guard. Magic is number one but he was a freak. There is more than scoring in basketball. Kidd and Nash became scoring liabilities. He proved to be more durable than Zeke too but I like Zekes game more
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    nahhhh....
    Still aint forgave Stockton for what he did to my 96 Houston Rockets of Clyde, Barkley, and Hakeem The Dream.

Rockets vs Bulls woulda been epic that year.
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    think u mean 97.

96 Seattle made it to the west
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nahhhh....
    Man Rockets vs Bulls would have been epic and silenced the critics on those two championships the Rockets have.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4 sho
    caddo man wrote: »
    Man Rockets vs Bulls would have been epic and silenced the critics on those two championships the Rockets have.

Would have been a nice finals.....I saw a couple of regular season games with jordan/hakeem on youtube....Hakeem abused the bulls centers and rodman.... shake/bake on Longley....lol

But you got the GOAT jordan....Bulls would win in 6 games......
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nahhhh....
    Magic Oscar Robertson, Zeke, Kidd, Peyton>>>> Stockton. with that said he was a great player
  • aneed123
    Options
    nahhhh....
    hell no Nash aint better than Stockton... Stockton attempted to play defense
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    nahhhh....
    think u mean 97.

96 Seattle made it to the west

Ty
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't make me choose
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Magic Oscar Robertson, Zeke, Kidd, Peyton>>>> Stockton. with that said he was a great player

Gary Payton had some great years but c'mon that's a stretch

• aneed123
    Options
    nahhhh....
    Lustchyld wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »

Gary Payton had some great years but c'mon that's a stretch

He had the whole 90s that's more than a few years and he got a ring
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    as much as i liked the glove i would still pick Johnny over him
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    nahhhh....
    I take Nash in his prime, pure point guard and made a lot of ? ass players rich men, Stockton had Malone and though he helped make Malone great, Malone is still Malone..Nash has Tim Thomas amare (suspension and injury might be why they never won)

Stockton had better D, but if you actually watched Nash it wasn't that he was bad at D he just played to avoid fouls etc because with him in foul trouble his teams were garbage
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    nahhhh....
    Can't count magic because his physical stature makes it not fair, and from a skill set aspect he wasn't as dynamic. Great but also had Kareem and bad D and shaky jumper.

Nash got that 90-50-40 ? like 3-4 times...that's amazing
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nahhhh....
    MJ vs Dream would've been a powerful NBA Finals match up & 2 of my favorite players ever but I'm rolling with Jordan in game 6. That ? ain't finna lose on the big stage