Former Colts WR Marvin Harrison shot at as he helps man being robbed

Options
Trillfate
Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in From the Cheap Seats
There was a strange story surrounding former Colts great Marvin Harrison on Saturday morning, although it's not the first time Harrison has been involved with a strange story.

This one, relayed by the Philadelphia Daily News, is bizarre. Harrison was driving his pickup through the Wynnefield Heights neighborhood in Philadelphia at 3:20 a.m. when a man in boxer shorts flagged him down. The man was getting away from two men who had broken into his apartment and begged Harrison to call 9-1-1. The man got into the bed of Harrison's truck.

The two men robbing the man's apartment came outside, and one of them shot twice at Harrison's truck, the Daily News said. Harrison and the man in his truck were unharmed, but one of the shots hit Harrison's tire and it went flat shortly after. The two intruders got away in a dark-colored sedan, the Daily News said.

According to the report, the victim told police that the burglars stole about $500 in cash from his apartment.

Maybe it really is true that nothing good happens after midnight. Or after 3 in the morning.

The famously quiet Harrison has been involved with some controversial stories, most notably a 2008 incident in which a man was shot and injured from bullets fired by a gun owned by Harrison. Harrison was never charged in that case.

It certainly seems Harrison had nothing to do with Saturday morning's incident other than being in a neighborhood at the time a crime was happening. And who knows, maybe he saved the man who was being robbed from something more serious. But it's just another unusual tale for Harrison in his hometown.

Comments

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blue from the temptations like a mufucka
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    Who riding around at 4am for nothing. Harrison up to no good bruh

? I was thinking the same thing whenever I was out at those hours I was never doing ? good or productive I was generally getting into ? I shouldn't have.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He just came back from the Wafflehouse...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At least he wasn't the one doing the shooting this time.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At least he wasn't the one doing the shooting this time.

Not that we know of. Marvin is bout that life. He def wasnt just helpin out some random dude.
  • S2J
    Options
    Marv is reason #1 why i hate when fans/media romanticize the 'quiet' players. Ngga you dont know wtf them nggas do in their spare time.

'He just goes to work , gets the job doen, then goes home. A true professional'...

Yea ok, that ngga could have keys and dead bodies in his basement.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Marv is reason #1 why i hate when fans/media romanticize the 'quiet' players. Ngga you dont know wtf them nggas do in their spare time.

'He just goes to work , gets the job doen, then goes home. A true professional'...

On one hand I agree with you.

On the other hand, people that say that are usually just talking about how they approach the game not so much their personal life. Regardless of whatever ? he was involved in off the field, Harrison was a true professional on the field.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

word... Marv might have more Aaron Hernandez in him than ppl think..
  • Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
  • S2J
    edited June 2014
    Options

On the other hand, people that say that are usually just talking about how they approach the game not so much their personal life. Regardless of whatever ? he was involved in off the field, Harrison was a true professional on the field.

Yea but a lot of people cross that line. 'You'll never meet a nicer guy"...etc. Its a huge elephant in the room

I remember somebody asked me 'what was wrong with Bill Walton', he's a good example of a guy who would use a player's demeanor on the court to project them as just awesome people irl.

I.e people hated TO and Chad, but loved Mike Jordan (think about THAT ? lol), loved Tiger, love Jeter, love Tony Parker (even though that ngga fuked his teammate's wife) etc...Karl Malone was the nice obedient black man who plays so nice with those kind white folk...meanwhile he knocked up a 13 yr old girl when he was 20. etc, etc, etc.

• fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I call ? on this story based on what we "know" about Marvin. He just driving thru West Philly at 3:30 a.m. and pickin up someone getting robbed?

Plus, not for nothin but the only people i know drive pickup trucks is either country or do dirt.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options

Edit: ? the jokes. I didn't finish watching before popping stupid ? . ? ...
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marvin with all that money pickin up dudes in boxers wtf
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Marvin Harrison stays in the hood, if he ain't doin dirt he's just part of some crazy coincidences

Dude does own a bar though, so it ain't like him being out that late is that unusual
  • S2J
    Options
    Marvin Harrison stays in the hood, if he ain't doin dirt he's just part of some crazy coincidencesDude does own a bar though, so it ain't like him being out that late is that unusual

Yeaaa, so are yall actualy aware of the story on Marvin Harrsion? Lol ? isnt specualtaion that ngga bust his gun. Both of em. They even proved the gun was Marvin's, but couldnt prove he was the shooter (despite an eye witness account)- Money talks.

"He just kept shootin at me. With a gun in each hand'

Dude went on ESPN 360 and snitched, 2 weeks after it he was dead. On some 50 ? '2 weeks later he got shot down'

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he was just driving around the hood at night looking for people to ?
  • S2J
    edited June 2014
    Options

Whoa! I didnt know about this:
    I ain't seen nothin'.

It was a lie, of course.

Robert Nixon had seen everything. He had seen more than enough to put a rich and famous man, an NFL superstar, in prison. But this is what you tell the police unless you're a fool. You can't go wrong if you say you ain't seen nothin', and you can go very wrong if you say otherwise. And as far as Robert Nixon is concerned, what happened to the fat man with the Muslim beard is proof.

Nixon didn't know the fat man with the Muslim beard when the fat man was still alive—that is to say, before he was perforated with bullets. But he'd seen him around. More than a year before the murder, Nixon stumbled upon the fat man lying in the street, in front of a water-ice stand, getting the ? beaten out of him by Marvin Harrison and Stanley McCray, one of Harrison's employees

And thats only 1 paragraph of 1 page, out of 7 pages lol Yea im bout to read all of this . Good looks @gotemshook
  • S2J
    Options
    Woooow @ Marvin's fam

Marvin Greer was a 16-year-old gang member. He lived in a high-rise housing project in South Philly. On January 15, 1969, Greer and three friends spotted a boy from an enemy gang. The boy ran. Greer and the others chased him. When Greer caught up to the boy, he pulled out a four-inch pearl-handled knife. He stabbed the boy in the back, killing him, and threw the knife into the sewer. He pled guilty to second-degree murder.

About five years later, in 1974, Marvin Greer died suddenly at age 22; there was no mention of his death in the newspapers, and the cause remains a mystery. Before he died, Greer fathered at least three boys with different mothers. (Back then in Pennsylvania, juvenile felons were furloughed for good behavior, affording them a certain freedom of movement.) The eldest boy was Marvin Harrison.

The next was Markwann "Coots" Gordon. From 1995 to 1997, Gordon participated in a string of seven armed robberies in Philadelphia. According to a 1999 account by Kitty Caparella, the dean of Philadelphia's crime reporters, Gordon was one of "the Philadelphia Mob's two top associates in the African-American underworld," an enforcer with the Junior Black Mafia. Gordon is currently serving 140 years in a federal prison in White Deer, Pennsylvania.

After Gordon came Marvin "Back to Back" Woods. On September 3, 1991, when Marvin Woods was 17, he was playing in the championship game of a schoolyard hoops league when his coach took him out of the game, subbing in another boy. Woods got angry. He left the game. When he rode back on his bike, twenty minutes later, he was carrying a Tec-9. He sprayed his substitute with bullets, killing him, and rode off. Marvin Woods is currently serving a life sentence for first-degree murder at the State Correctional Institution in Dallas, Pennsylvania.

So those are Marvin Harrison's half brothers. In more recent years, Marvin Harrison's cousin Lonnie Harrison, age 41, has been convicted of robbery, drug possession, and possessing an illegal firearm. And in 2000, another cousin, Isa Muhammad, was murdered in the aftermath of an eight-man shoot-out that also wounded a 10-year-old girl. The police described the murder as a revenge killing.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Harrison got next in the Aaron Hernandez division.

Nikka's life been like a episode of The Wire ever since he retired. Only a matter of time before Bunk an'nem find them bodies he got in them philly and Indy vacants.
  • S2J
    edited June 2014
    Options
    What the ? ...yo the story from the 2008 shootings was so crazy.
    The cops recovered a second surveillance tape, but it, too, was inconclusive. It came from Playmakers [Marvin Harrison's bar]. This tape, according to police, showed a man crossing in front of the bar on 28th Street just below Girard. Detectives felt certain that it was the same man they had seen on the convenience-store tape: the shooter, walking toward the scene of the crime. But just as the man got close enough to the camera to bring his face into focus, the tape went blank—and skipped the next three minutes. "There are no coincidences," says one police source. "For the previous hour, that camera picked up every movement, and then it happens to go blank just at that moment

• BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn I have a bunch of family in Philly last named Greer. Lol

Gonna look into that Marvin Greer thing.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Yea but a lot of people cross that line. 'You'll never meet a nicer guy"...etc. Its a huge elephant in the room

I remember somebody asked me 'what was wrong with Bill Walton', he's a good example of a guy who would use a player's demeanor on the court to project them as just awesome people irl.

I.e people hated TO and Chad, but loved Mike Jordan (think about THAT ? lol), loved Tiger, love Jeter, love Tony Parker (even though that ngga fuked his teammate's wife) etc...Karl Malone was the nice obedient black man who plays so nice with those kind white folk...meanwhile he knocked up a 13 yr old girl when he was 20. etc, etc, etc.

I get what you saying, but the thing you're missing out on is that people love all those guys because the not so lovable ? that they do isn't known to everybody. On the flipside the ? that T.O. and Chad did that people hated was put on display for everyone to see. You can't fault people for making opinions based solely on the information that is available at the time. What other option do they have?

You pointed out that people loved Tiger. What happened when it everyone found out that he was almost as good at cheating on his wife as he was at playing golf? The love turned to pure hatred. It's not like people loved Tiger in spite of his faults. People loved him because they didn't know about his faults. And the same goes for Harrison. If they knew he was a legit thug, they would have been calling him a thug. But that's not the public persona he gave off. He gave off the persona of a respectable, professional, and hard working guy. That's the kinda person anyone wants on a team they are a fan of. You can't knock fans, commentators, and analysts for liking that if its all they ever see personally.
  • OhioState1987
    OhioState1987 Members Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess he couldn't catch that bullet oh well ?
    Get shot everyday