J-Breezy wrote: »
    Rudy who?

I thought he played football for Notre dame

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Batum isn't aggressive enough, rarely does he attack the basket

He's been on the brink forever but refuses to take the next step as a player

do u think that's because he has two other stars ahead of him like kawhi?

Nah, he and Kawhi both got limited skill sets on the offensive end

Not great dribblers and struggle beating their man one on one

Batum is far better at distributing the ball but forces it a lot
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Sugar K Leonard has better defense than Paul George

dude is forming into a beast on the defensive end

I remember when game 6 against the Thunder, during clutch time when he ripped up Westbrook on the break. I was over my brother house & said "Ohhhhhhhhh shitttt" like a ? just got knocked tf out
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rudy who?

Rudy ? who brings it every year. Very good jump shot, scores a good amount of points, rebounds well, and plays defense well.

He does everything a SF is suppose to do well.

Then add on he can actually create his own shot (post and wing) and he's quick and big enough to guard multiple positions efficiently, and you have why he's an all-star level player. This shouldn't even be a discussion.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Deng is not an All-Star

Then explain why he was an all-star the 2 years before this year when he was on a winning squad.

Everything I said about Rudy applies to Deng, except Rudy is far better offensively.
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    Rudy who?

Rudy ? who brings it every year. Very good jump shot, scores a good amount of points, rebounds well, and plays defense well.

He does everything a SF is suppose to do well.

Then add on he can actually create his own shot (post and wing) and he's quick and big enough to guard multiple positions efficiently, and you have why he's an all-star level player. This shouldn't even be a discussion.
    Deng is not an All-Star

Then explain why he was an all-star the 2 years before this year when he was on a winning squad.

Everything I said about Rudy applies to Deng, except Rudy is far better offensively.

Paul George, Westbrook, Harden are All-Stars. Loul Deng don't belong in that category. He's a solid role player, similar to Parsons, Batum etc.

He average 14.0 ppg this year & his career average is 16.0 ppg. That's not All-Star performances. But he'll make a good third scorer for a team
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    I can see your argument tho but I can't put him (Deng) in that field of players.

Rudy ? is probably one of the most underachieved players in the league.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Youdont have to average 25 pts a game to be an allstar some playersare more effective in their roles than..."allstars" are in theirs..

• zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can see your argument tho but I can't put him (Deng) in that field of players.

Rudy ? is probably one of the most underachieved players in the league.

Deng is a 2nd tier type of player....sure he can be all star once or twice.....but then he wont make it for 10 yrs
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lol @ that description of Rudy ?
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You talking about Rudy "Hide ya Stat Sheets" ?

Lol!

He played well when he got to Sacramento but that's where it stops. An All Star he is not
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paul George, Westbrook, Harden are All-Stars. Loul Deng don't belong in that category. He's a solid role player, similar to Parsons, Batum etc.

He average 14.0 ppg this year & his career average is 16.0 ppg. That's not All-Star performances. But he'll make a good third scorer for a team

Those are all-stars on their way towards super-stardom. They're perennial all-stars. A lot of people think Harden is the best SG, would argue Westbrook as the best PG before his injury this year, and would argue George to be a top 10 player in the league.

Deng has made the all-star the last 2 years he was on a good team, and is an all-star level player when put in the right position. Case in point, he has the potential to be an all-star on a contender, and he's definitely better than a role player.

Deng's affect on the game can be shown with the way the Bulls performed this year in the playoffs vs. last year.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U gonna ignore how wildly inefficient Rudolph has been his entire career, u gonna ignore how both Memphis nd Toronto did betta without him? Stop overrating Rudolph dawg
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    U gonna ignore how wildly inefficient Rudolph has been his entire career, u gonna ignore how both Memphis nd Toronto did betta without him? Stop overrating Rudolph dawg

called that ? Rudolph..the disrespect
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paul George is overrated, he may have the talent of a superstar but he is inconsistent.

Everybody was in a rush to label him a superstar after last season but this dude ends the 2013 season in game 7 of the ECF only scoring 7 points, real superstars show up in moments like that , real superstars will their teams to win, not disappear.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Personally I think PG will make the leap next season. This was really his first year being "the man" and with that comes tough lessons only learned in a crucible.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never seen this.. this was after game 4

tim-duncan-walks-past-lebron-james-and-dwyane-wade-after-game-4.gif

Don't look at him , don't look at him

Duncan should be the one getting driven around....smh
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Personally I think PG will make the leap next season. This was really his first year being "the man" and with that comes tough lessons only learned in a crucible.

He was the man last season for the Pacers and he continued to adjust to the added responsibilities. Paul George is a good player that deserves the credit he is getting because for the last 2 seasons he has been the best player on a pretty good Pacers team. He plays defense, scores and also sets up his teammates solidly. I don't think he is a Superstar but he is a star player in today's NBA.

Kawhi is my guy and I think he is very talented but he hasn't had to endure as much as Paul George has to so far in there careers. Kawhi has the pleasure to be a 3rd or 4th most scouted guy by opposing teams defenses, he has the pleasure of just being a cog in the well oiled machine that is the Spurs offensive and defensive system. He has better and more respected teammates and coaches around him and most importantly he doesn't have as much overall responsibilities as Paul George.

Kawhi is good and hopefully he continues to get better or at least plays to the same level he is playing now once he gets more overall responsibilities.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall gotta stop with the rudy ? disrespect, yes he has underachieved but he is a very good player, hasnt made the team but he is all star caliber, him being able to make his fg percentage respectable (demar did too) after being traded from toronto was a feat imo, hit plenty of clutch shots for the grizz and wasnt that inefficient fg% wise, he also was a solid rebounder, toronto got better cuz they had 1 too many iso players, memphis may have played better, but they damn sure could have used rudy over ? tayshaun prince, just not enough shots for rudy and zack and marc in that particular offense, in fact i think lionel hollins hated that move. thats all it was, ? like that shouldnt indict rudy ? as a bad player, ? still avg 20 ppg on damn near 50% shooting playing with boogie cousins and isiah thomas.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He was the man last season for the Pacers and he continued to adjust to the added responsibilities. Paul George is a good player that deserves the credit he is getting because for the last 2 seasons he has been the best player on a pretty good Pacers team. He plays defense, scores and also sets up his teammates solidly. I don't think he is a Superstar but he is a star player in today's NBA.

Kawhi is my guy and I think he is very talented but he hasn't had to endure as much as Paul George has to so far in there careers. Kawhi has the pleasure to be a 3rd or 4th most scouted guy by opposing teams defenses, he has the pleasure of just being a cog in the well oiled machine that is the Spurs offensive and defensive system. He has better and more respected teammates and coaches around him and most importantly he doesn't have as much overall responsibilities as Paul George.

Kawhi is good and hopefully he continues to get better or at least plays to the same level he is playing now once he gets more overall responsibilities.

'fans' dont give team game the respect and value it deserves

we focus on individuals too much

so even with kawhi developing (and you know he will) with the way the spurs system is designed so that no one has to overwork themselves i dont see kawhi being in anybody top sf list just as tony parker isnt brought up on many people pg list

or at least as long as pop is coaching