Comments

• Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah pretty much. Real MEN have played and watch football. Imo
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't read thread. The only squarish things i've seen from you thus far is you giving a ? about others opinions about you. Make sure it doesn't happen again.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Skimmed thread, soccer fans needs to stop trying to gully in these type of threads. Only reason people give a ? about that wack ass sport is because every 3rd world/poor country in the world can play it. Seriously all you need is a ball and a couple trash cans.
  • CHICAGO_BREED
    CHICAGO_BREED Members Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't care what the next man thinks. I used to follow football but I don't have the time for it now I got a lot on my plate. earlier this year I went to the bank to get my atm card replaced and the employee was talking about his fantasy football league I told him I don't watch football for the same reasons I just stated and he looked at me like I was from another planet. I just watch the highlights on the news or espn so I know whats going on stats what how each team is progressing their records etc. a dolphins defensive end just tested positive for performance enhancers and has to sit the season out for 4 games and he was a first round draft pick last year. see I get the information. I follow boxing more than anything. sometimes i'll watch tennis or a bowling match. I sat through 6 holes of golf one time. i'll get back into football once I get situated but its not that important. I get the feeling that dudes who are obsessed with the sport are living vicariously through these athletes because they didn't make the league and whatnot. it's an idiot sport also.

Everything you said makes no sense. Watching 6 holes of golf is like 5 hours but you don't have time to watch football........okay buddy. A tennis match is about 60 hours. Nobody really gives a damn about how important your making your life to be....matter fact you wasting time by posting...................LL
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes you're ? square and a lame if you don't like the best sport in the world
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    i wouldnt say youre square....in fact u are a typical of a new softer generation. i see it all the time

not sayin thats a bad thing tho. its really has its pros and cons...u see back in the day football was about community. ? would spend all day playing 5 on 5, 4 on 4, throw em up ? em up, whatever...then when u got to high school ? would go out for the team to see who developed the best out of everybody in the neighborhood. and it really didnt matter if u were the best...as long as u were tough, came to practice everyday, and rode for your teammates ON AND OFF the field...then you got respect and was apart of somethin

now football wasnt for everybody...u had your hoopers, ? who was about chicks all day, hustlers at that age, so on and so forth. but for average ? the field was where it was at...u was apart of somethin. and if u beat or come close to beatin one of the football factories in the city...it was a wrap.

nowadays wit the emasculation of these kids and the social media and what not...there isnt the same sense of pride or responsibility. no need to prove yourself physically when u can get likes on a website. im not sayin this is true for everybody or that its a bad thing (i actually believe kids are ALOT smarter than what we were now) but i have noticed it...

plus you got these effeminine sports like soccer now making headways where everybody gets a trophy and nobody gets touched. now i aint got anything against soccer, tennis, basketball or what have you but there isnt the time/kids are uninterested in learning those games properly...they just show up and run around for a little bit and get a trophy whereas the pride of the team, discipline from coaches, or just bein able to hit a baseball or make a block was the trophy...again im not sayin this "everybody gets a trophy" "nobody gets touchd" generation is bad...its just different

the overcommercialization of the nfl doesnt help tho...its ruinin the sport in an age where everybody wants everything now. instant gratification doesnt reward ridiculous commercial breaks and horrible ticket prices where your wifi doesnt work.
  • REV_RAGE
    REV_RAGE Members Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a ? ridiculous topic anyway....NEXT! These are the things you think about, being "square", be an adult, don't worry about this lame ? ...again I say NEXT TOPIC!
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The average football tv broadcast is 3 hours. A football game lasts 60 minutes. The average football game has how much ACTUAL football?

11 minutes! ? that boring ? . 4 seconds of actions, 20 seconds of walking to the line of scrimmage, getting in formations, calling plays, flags, etc, etc, etc,. Nobody got time for that. Gimme basketball anyway. 48 minutes in a game...48 minutes of actual basketball.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only thing about this ? that makes you square is asking other ? if it makes you a square. Like what you like, son. ? other ? opinions.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    'Soccer' is still the most popular and greatest athletic sport on the planet.

(I try to get how a game played around 90% of the time with the hands is referred to as "football" and it's just a different interpretation of rugby with a lot of ? protection)

Keep a date on July 13, around 20:00hrs GMT.

It's global bruh
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    The average football tv broadcast is 3 hours. A football game lasts 60 minutes. The average football game has how much ACTUAL football?

11 minutes! ? that boring ? . 4 seconds of actions, 20 seconds of walking to the line of scrimmage, getting in formations, calling plays, flags, etc, etc, etc,. Nobody got time for that. Gimme basketball anyway. 48 minutes in a game...48 minutes of actual basketball.

Preach.....football is starting to lose its popularity. How can watching somebody run a average 5-7 yards be entertaining? I'll take a Ray Allen or Stephen Curry game winning 3 pointer over anything the NFL has to offer. ? watch hours of NFL for a 10-7 scoring outcome.

And no lie, the world cup was cracking this year
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You like what you like. ? what anyone thinks. You're not obligated to try anything just because someone else thinks you should.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    True colors came out in this ? smh
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't care what the next man thinks. I used to follow football but I don't have the time for it now I got a lot on my plate. earlier this year I went to the bank to get my atm card replaced and the employee was talking about his fantasy football league I told him I don't watch football for the same reasons I just stated and he looked at me like I was from another planet. I just watch the highlights on the news or espn so I know whats going on stats what how each team is progressing their records etc. a dolphins defensive end just tested positive for performance enhancers and has to sit the season out for 4 games and he was a first round draft pick last year. see I get the information. I follow boxing more than anything. sometimes i'll watch tennis or a bowling match. I sat through 6 holes of golf one time. i'll get back into football once I get situated but its not that important. I get the feeling that dudes who are obsessed with the sport are living vicariously through these athletes because they didn't make the league and whatnot. it's an idiot sport also.

Everything you said makes no sense. Watching 6 holes of golf is like 5 hours but you don't have time to watch football........okay buddy. A tennis match is about 60 hours. Nobody really gives a damn about how important your making your life to be....matter fact you wasting time by posting...................LL

*in yoda voice*caught feelings you have!
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't get down with soccer. It takes too long for them to get the ball within scoring range
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    I love football.
    the real one.
    not the ? with ? in tights wrestling around every 30 seconds and plot out their stoppages for commercial breaks and keep the ball in their hands(ytf is it called football to y'all then) the majority of the game...that ? actually wack.

not to mention the patting of each others ? to boost moral and the fact that some of them are ? or still hiding in the closet. now how does not liking football make me lame again? another thing I didn't like football when I was in elementary. I used to be happy as ? on my Nintendo breaking down some super Mario bros or double dragon on sunday and here comes my older brother switching the channel "dolphins playing today". ? ! playing is more fun than watching anyway.

this happens in most team sports, but keep thinking it only happens in American football

a lot of soccer fans lose they ? ? once they find out you prefer American football. I don't think negative of what the world considers football. I'm just not interested and these dudes can't fathom that

both football and soccer fans be acting like ? sometimes. it's a stupid rivalry. like what you like and let the next man do the same
  • memphis2sacnicc
    memphis2sacnicc Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If u don't like football then u don't like football but any man who doesn't probably sits down to ? .
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    I always liked Hockey more because it's more action based and they fight.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like basketball over football, but NFL >>> NBA

FOH poncho villa
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

Preach.....football is starting to lose its popularity. How can watching somebody run a average 5-7 yards be entertaining? I'll take a Ray Allen or Stephen Curry game winning 3 pointer over anything the NFL has to offer. ? watch hours of NFL for a 10-7 scoring outcome.

So much Inaccurate ? in your post idk where to begin.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

Bruh, it's facts. Game on the line, 3 seconds on the clock. What's more plausible? Marshawn Lynch running/ Desean Jackson catching a 50 yard TD to win or Steph Curry putting up a 3 to win it? Madden constantly getting worse reviews while people stay hyped about NBA 2k. The super bowl is usually favored by the commercials than actual game.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options

Bruh, it's facts. Game on the line, 3 seconds on the clock. What's more plausible? Marshawn Lynch running/ Desean Jackson catching a 50 yard TD to win or Steph Curry putting up a 3 to win it? Madden constantly getting worse reviews while people stay hyped about NBA 2k. The super bowl is usually favored by the commercials than actual game.

Facts?
    you comically said NFL is Losing popularity .(never-mind that the NHL is more popular than NBA in terms of ratings and game attendance) and your logic for this based on Madden Video Game Reviews vs NBA2K. Up to this year on Next Gen Madden still out sells 2K it when factoring all consoles.

How many NFL or Top Notch College between 2 great teams games end 10-7?

Superbowl this year was terrible.. but this years finals was equivalent of 4 of those.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    edited July 2014
    Options

With the NFL getting sued I wouldn't be surprised if the popularity would fade a little. Plus if soccer makes it over here then maybe football would come behind soccer.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.