Wait a minute...
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    knockin dem youngstaz aint right
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my question is why would the younger generation want to copy the generation before instead of doing they own thing? honestly if the music from the 90's era or earlier was still being played now hip hop would REALLY be dead off the fact it failed to adapt... think about it west coast music ran the early 90's right... but after pac died that sound went with him (mainstream)... and it took the bay area (mid 2000's) before the west even had a buzz for a year or two... bay area music is different from LA music... every time a new artist tried to come out with that "classic" LA sound they ain't get no where... now look now the west has came back strong and even though you can still tell they from the west that LA sound has evolved. .

same with the east (new york).. on average they have been struggling mainstream for almost 20 years.. don't get me wrong the mainstream acts they have now are still heavy... (jay-z. . they had 50...Nicki Menaj.. had dipset ect.) But that classic "new york" sound died.. and every time someone tried to bring back that classic sound it went no place.. now look at the major new york acts... none of them have that classic sound..

now take the south... a bigger region for the most part but that sound is continually evolving and (mainstream) is doing well... this is going 15 plus years.. to the point other regions younger acts grew up with that music and have modified they style cuz of it...

so this younger Generation is doing exactly what they need to do...

them....
  • Apoptosis
    Apoptosis Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    This song is by a guy named Mele Mel.

Rule #1 - Get an original name

? or Hip Hop - Mele Mel

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lfsjWD6l088

Old ? talk....I respect mel though.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my question is why would the younger generation want to copy the generation before instead of doing they own thing? honestly if the music from the 90's era or earlier was still being played now hip hop would REALLY be dead off the fact it failed to adapt... think about it west coast music ran the early 90's right... but after pac died that sound went with him (mainstream)... and it took the bay area (mid 2000's) before the west even had a buzz for a year or two... bay area music is different from LA music... every time a new artist tried to come out with that "classic" LA sound they ain't get no where... now look now the west has came back strong and even though you can still tell they from the west that LA sound has evolved. .

same with the east (new york).. on average they have been struggling mainstream for almost 20 years.. don't get me wrong the mainstream acts they have now are still heavy... (jay-z. . they had 50...Nicki Menaj.. had dipset ect.) But that classic "new york" sound died.. and every time someone tried to bring back that classic sound it went no place.. now look at the major new york acts... none of them have that classic sound..

now take the south... a bigger region for the most part but that sound is continually evolving and (mainstream) is doing well... this is going 15 plus years.. to the point other regions younger acts grew up with that music and have modified they style cuz of it...

so this younger Generation is doing exactly what they need to do...

them....

What you've posted makes sense. But it's a sad state of affairs that the video of the guy I posted is using the name Mele Mel. Like he doesn't know that names been taken.

I think I'll start calling myself Jay Z or Notorious BIG
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you feel the same way about DMX?
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another struggle thread by a garbage old ass poster.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah @5Grand call yourself J Zee, so "it's different"
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah @5Grand call yourself J Zee, so "it's different"

I got dibs on Notorious Big G...
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I know is that these old heads wish that they woulda made some of the ? we make
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They jelly foreal
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    optimistic wrote: »
    Did you feel the same way about DMX?

Yes. I remembered Just Ice's Beatbox. I thought I was the only one on the IC that goes that far back.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What the ? ?!? Another Melle Mel thread?!? 5 Grand is Stan status right now.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a lot of you non-reading mufuckas embarrassing yourselves right now.