Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)

Options

Comments

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw like the 2nd half on bootleg and I was pleasantly surprised honestly. I thought Mark Wahlberg replacing ? Lebuff alone was a MASSIVE upgrade....Marky Mark is way more charismatic and funny than that dude, which makes those dreaded "human" scenes much more watchable imho.

Maybe its my ROCK BOTTOM expectations at work, but I thought it was the best one since the first. Then again, I didn't see the first half of boring family B.S so yeah.

I'm surprised ppl (esp. progressive/socially conscious cats) aren't giving the plot more credit tho because there was some legit shots at the American Empire in there. Villain is a CIA goon that wanted to turn the Transformers into pawns of the Military Industrial Complex? I found that concept scarier than any of Megatron's plans tbh. At least dude is honest about his goals lol.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    ^damn even david letterman is up arms in the people needs to form a petition to kick Michael bay from the transformers franchise enough is enough. I didn't even see this movie but yet and still I agree with letterman. i'm afraid for ninja turtles.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    “(People who criticize these movies) love to hate, and I don’t care; let them hate. They’re still going to see the movie! I think it’s good to get a little tension. Very good.”

Heheheheheh...shots fired at the muthafuccas in here.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    I saw like the 2nd half on bootleg and I was pleasantly surprised honestly. I thought Mark Wahlberg replacing ? Lebuff alone was a MASSIVE upgrade....Marky Mark is way more charismatic and funny than that dude, which makes those dreaded "human" scenes much more watchable imho.

Maybe its my ROCK BOTTOM expectations at work, but I thought it was the best one since the first. Then again, I didn't see the first half of boring family B.S so yeah.

I'm surprised ppl (esp. progressive/socially conscious cats) aren't giving the plot more credit tho because there was some legit shots at the American Empire in there. Villain is a CIA goon that wanted to turn the Transformers into pawns of the Military Industrial Complex? I found that concept scarier than any of Megatron's plans tbh. At least dude is honest about his goals lol.

I'm pretty sure they've had something similar to that in all of the past transformers movies. the gov is always involved
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Best line in the whole movie is when the green trenched out Transformer (? if they ever say him or the Samurai helicopter's name) says of Optimus's speech that it just makes you want to fight for him or some sort of brainwashing.

It's true. I think Prime has had the dopest lines the entire series. Seriously, his lines are the equivalent of Smallville season finales where everything is on 10 before it just counts down to ass.
  • _Jay_
    _Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
    Movie wasn't bad at all...I could see a low RT score, but 17% sounds more like ppl judged it off the last few flicks, and had their score ready before the movie was even over...the main critics in this thread alone didn't even watch the movie, lol. I was entertained, the story made sense, and now I'm anticipating the next in the series, Michael Bay or not. #shruglife
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well... Guess I'll be seeing this in 6 months on HBO
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw this last weekend. It was alright. The only transformers I liked were Optimus and Lockdown. The supporting Autobots just weren't natural to me. The dinobots at the end felt forced.
    Too much human element as I expected. The humor between Mark and his daughter's boyfriend was wack. Also the CEO of KSI, I didn't like how they forced his redemption upon you. Like he does and knows about all the bad ? that Kelsey was doing then all of a sudden he has a conscience. He deserved the same fate as ol boy.
    The effects were on point as usual. My one gripe with the tech that KSI used for building the new transformers was kinda weak. That shape shifting, flying metal ? ehh.
    The typical cliche humans running with ? blowing up behind them ? . The sequence where those slings are coming from the ship to the building ehhh. Alright we ? up Chicago so lets find another city to ? up.
    I rather this next one to be mostly off of earth with little human contact.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    “(People who criticize these movies) love to hate, and I don’t care; let them hate. They’re still going to see the movie! I think it’s good to get a little tension. Very good.”

Heheheheheh...shots fired at the muthafuccas in here.

man
    i dont love to hate, i love to give a good movie props
    and i know that every movie doesnt have to be good, i dont have to go see roland emmerich movies or whatever.
    but transformers is something i grew up with and i just wish they had put more effort in the script and everythign else besides the cgi.
    havnt seen it tho
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Best line in the whole movie is when the green trenched out Transformer (? if they ever say him or the Samurai helicopter's name) says of Optimus's speech that it just makes you want to fight for him or some sort of brainwashing.

It's true. I think Prime has had the dopest lines the entire series. Seriously, his lines are the equivalent of Smallville season finales where everything is on 10 before it just counts down to ass.

the green guy is crosshair the samurai is drift I didn't see the movie and I know that(wheres my trophy y'all) drift reminds me of the 2008 transformers animated version of prowl.
  • Splackavelli
    edited July 2014
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    I saw this last weekend. It was alright. The only transformers I liked were Optimus and Lockdown. The supporting Autobots just weren't natural to me. The dinobots at the end felt forced.
    Too much human element as I expected. The humor between Mark and his daughter's boyfriend was wack. Also the CEO of KSI, I didn't like how they forced his redemption upon you. Like he does and knows about all the bad ? that Kelsey was doing then all of a sudden he has a conscience. He deserved the same fate as ol boy.
    The effects were on point as usual. My one gripe with the tech that KSI used for building the new transformers was kinda weak. That shape shifting, flying metal ? ehh.
    The typical cliche humans running with ? blowing up behind them ? . The sequence where those slings are coming from the ship to the building ehhh. Alright we ? up Chicago so lets find another city to ? up.

yeah when I saw those hong kong shots in the trailers I thought to myself its the Chicago invasion all over again. they should borrow from the g1 animated series and have an all out fight in the dessert away from human population and no military involvement either. near the grand canyon would be a good location or some remote desert in California and this time no energon weapon to stop or a cube or a matrix to protect just an all out battle between autobots and decepticons. they could battle at a rocket base cape Canaveral or something. that way they could throw omega supreme in there or why not metroplex. why not the autobot shuttle prime and ratchet used to go to the moon in dotm could have been omega supreme if they wanted it to. also I don't care how many sequels or improvents they make on this franchise they killed jazz in the first movie. the one soul brother autobot who survived the great war and never died in the cartoon and you killed him in the first film because of the black character dies first rule. I call b.s. Michael bay!
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    Yeah Jazz gettin killed was bs.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    If you watch this back to back with Dawn of the Planet of the Apes it's like watching the difference between night and day. Both blockbuster movies with big budget and crazy CG mo cap animation but one with more heart and soul to bring to the table than the other despite both premises being stupid as ? on paper. It's kinda amazing. For better or worse Michael Bay is technically an auteur.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    looking at clips of this movie I want to see this
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wait for a torrent...
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »

yeah when I saw those hong kong shots in the trailers I thought to myself its the Chicago invasion all over again. they should borrow from the g1 animated series and have an all out fight in the dessert away from human population and no military involvement either. near the grand canyon would be a good location or some remote desert in California and this time no energon weapon to stop or a cube or a matrix to protect just an all out battle between autobots and decepticons. they could battle at a rocket base cape Canaveral or something. that way they could throw omega supreme in there or why not metroplex. why not the autobot shuttle prime and ratchet used to go to the moon in dotm could have been omega supreme if they wanted it to. also I don't care how many sequels or improvents they make on this franchise they killed jazz in the first movie. the one soul brother autobot who survived the great war and never died in the cartoon and you killed him in the first film because of the black character dies first rule. I call b.s. Michael bay!

I just want to point out that every movie in this series theres been an invasion after the first movie and especially after revenge of the fallen it should be no secret that they are here. that's why the whole all out battle in the desert scenario should play out perfectly. it was stupid in dark of the moon that they made agents simmons out to be a crackpot with no credibility who was just trying to sell a book when he was right there in the middle of it all. after age of extinction there should be no more invasion scenarios.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    Well technically it wasn't an invasion. Lockdown got what he wanted and hauled azzz. He only came back bcuz Prime escaped, if I'm not mistaken.

The ? with Galvatron was more of a takeover, than an invasion. But I understand where y'all are getting at.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If this was made in the 80's with these effects smh. I watched the old movie Megatron bodied well known autobots within the 1st 15 min I believe. These movies need to dead the comedy and kick up the death and Action
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    If this was made in the 80's with these effects smh. I watched the old movie Megatron bodied well known autobots within the 1st 15 min I believe. These movies need to dead the comedy and kick up the death and Action

"DIE AUTOBOT!!"

*transforms into gun. proceeds to have Starscream body Sideswipe, Ironhide, and every autobot on the ship*

I swear I love that movie. Everybody was gettin it.
  • _Jay_
    _Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
    I read somewhere that the reason for so many deaths in Transformers: The Movie (the animated joint), was to ? off known characters in order to replace them with new ones...it was a business decision by Hasbro : /

That said, I enjoyed it, even tho it hurt seeing some of em go.

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTariq wrote: »

Wait for a torrent...

I did, good quality too.
    ? mark wahlberg
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    I read somewhere that the reason for so many deaths in Transformers: The Movie (the animated joint), was to ? off known characters in order to replace them with new ones...it was a business decision by Hasbro : /

Yeah I read that to. Whoeva thought about replacing them in that manor needed a raise.

Prime's death was the reason why Duke didn't die, and only got put in a coma. Kids were so traumatized over Prime's death, Hasbro didn't want to put them thru that again. Lol
  • Splackavelli
    Options

like somebody said before that movie was made just to sell toys but they jazz didn't die. see what I did there Michael bay?
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao wouldn't be mad if duke did die no way you can run into battle that many times and not die
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    Lmao wouldn't be mad if duke did die no way you can run into battle that many times and not die

My azzz was disappointed that he didn't die. G.I. Joe was the only cartoon where muthafuccas consistently bussin shots at each other, but nann nunn nada nobody ain't een get hit.