PC Gamers Assemble, please.

Options
Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
Im looking for some peeps to game with. Not really into anything on consoles since i dont have a next gen yet lol. And im done with MMORPG's until Everquest comes out.

Whats some PC games that yall play? i always hear about Steam but i dont know wtf it is tbh. Is it just a program you can buy games off of? kind of like xbox marketplace? and if so what games do yall play off steam? heard they have a lot of free stuff and cheap games that are really fun.

Help a whitey out.

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Steam is an online distribution system created by Valve. It is also the one thing keeping millions of gamers interest in gaming due to it's regular excellent sales of top notch titles. The only gamers sleeping on it are those who are too conditioned by the very outdated home console distribution model but it's not like their obsolete opinion even matters. Games you'd find on XBM or PSN for $60 for instance could be found on Steam for as low as $15 at times and are superior to their console counterpart in every way possible.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Do you play any games on steam? and if so what are your favorites?
  • Broddie
    edited July 2014
    Options
    No because I sold off my last gaming rig and just kept an older desktop that I only use for streaming and browsing right now since my mobile devices and macbook could handle everything else for now. But I do plan on buying a Steam box once they finally hit the market.
  • Broddie
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Nice! thanks ill check it out when i get home this evening.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only games I got left are Skyrim and Civilization V. I'll have that GTA V when it comes out, but that's all really.

Only other game I thought about trying is ARMA3. They're the ones with that DayZ mod.

Steam is cool, but I haven't messed with anything else to compare it with. My only gripe with them is the constant updating. That ? be happening outta no where and be random as ? . Interrupts and slows down other ? I be doing on here.
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can get some good deals on ebay and humblebundle too. Should probably check ebay before you buy anything actually.

Would recommend the Total War and Company of Heroes games. Never got around to HAWKEN, but it's free and supposed to be pretty good. Think it's all multiplayer. Guess it's something like Titanfall.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Planetside 2

Been hearing a lot about this game, i want to check it out. Dont know if my PC can handle it though lol. Game looks gorgeous.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I play Black ops 2, CS Go, League Of Legends, and since getting banned from league for 2 weeks and now getting into Dota2
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just hate sitting at my pc man I do that ? for 12 hours at work so I prefer console gaming from my recliner
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »
    I play Black ops 2, CS Go, League Of Legends, and since getting banned from league for 2 weeks and now getting into Dota2

CS go = Counterstrike? that ? still around?? I played the ? out of that in my younger days haha. Ive heard about Dota2. Never played a MOBA before, might check it out.

Heard they just had a tournament where these koreans won 5 million.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Skullgirls
    Jet Set Radio
    Saint's Row 3 and 4
    Scribblenaughts Unmasked
    Sonic Generations
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never really used Steam.All the games that are good are on consoles so I just play them on PS. PC gaming is pointless unless it's an exclusive PC game. Consoles are just fine now since the tech is the same this generation.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    I just hate sitting at my pc man I do that ? for 12 hours at work so I prefer console gaming from my recliner

Same here, plus I did not buy a 55 inch TV and theater system not to use them for gaming.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Total war serious, especially pre-warscape engine is good. The only recent one that is good is Shogun 2, you can play that ? vanilla. Get rome 2 when its on sale and instal mods.

There's rpgs like TES, the witcher franchise, dark souls on it. Even if you have those for console I still would suggest getting them, the mods can add hours on em or make them look beautiful.

Payday 2 is a good game. Theres a bunch of old games on there also if you wished to play those, the indie games aint have bad on steam.

If you want to have play most modern games make sure you have a good rig though, its not make or break for me, but if you're a graphics person it will annoy the hell outta you.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Starcraft used to get mad play before zerg became op as ?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same here, plus I did not buy a 55 inch TV and theater system not to use them for gaming.

Your tower should have a hdmi port at the back, just like your flatscreen. It should hook right up to each other. You can play and surf on your TV just like on a regular monitor once you hook it up. I just swap out the hdmi from the tower or the Xbox or the ps4 when I want to play something.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »

Your tower should have a hdmi port at the back, just like your flatscreen. It should hook right up to each other. You can play and surf on your TV just like on a regular monitor once you hook it up. I just swap out the hdmi from the tower or the Xbox or the ps4 when I want to play something.

It does, but it's not the same since I have Bravia sync with my TV,Theater System and PS4.Still all the games I would play on PC are on PlayStation.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options

I have my PC hooked up to a projector. Even before that, I used LCD TVs. I have a wireless kb&m and Wireless 360 Controller which most games support. You can also use the Wii U and PS4 controllers. I even have the Wiimote hooked up and use it as a light gun with PC games or with Dolphin (Wii emulator). The PC is too trill bruh..
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I'm about to start ? with Elite: Dangerous on one of these once it arrives.

dk2-product.jpg

Right now it's in Open beta but it's already a dope game for online and has a few single play missions. It's supposed to be 1to1 scale of the Milky Way..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISR4ebdGlOk
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Lou, I could probably help you out a bit.
    What's your specs?

edit: Sonic & All-stars Racings: Transformed >>>>>
    That's my ? .
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: p7-1270t
    BIOS: Ver: CAR_719.ROM vCAR7.19
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8174MB RAM
    Page File: 3705MB used, 12642MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 530
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GT 530
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DE5&SUBSYS_90A31B0A&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 4046 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1998 MB
    Shared Memory: 2047 MB

Does this help? its not a gaming computer by any means, but if some simple upgrades could help me out some tips would be appreciated. I put extra Ram and a small upgraded graphics card in it.