Wesley Snipes Talks Blade 4

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
3721571-6658408598-blade-640x360.jpg

It’s been almost a decade since Blade: Trinity put a stake through heart of Welsey Snipe’s badass vampire k!ller, effectively halting future franchise installments, but that doesn’t mean Snipes is happy with leaving the role dead and buried. Blade was one of the first big comic book adaptations to kickstart the whole superhero genre, along with the massively successful X-Men films, and now that Snipes has cleared up most of his personal problems, it seems like a perfect time to start talking about a possible Blade 4.

Sure, Snipes is a modest 51 years old as of now, looking a little more aged than the comic book form of Blade, but he’s got a damn fine pitch that would please pretty much every horror fan if it were to become a reality.

Snipes also talked to MTV and explained why he’d like to bring Blade back from the dead, saying this about the current state of comic book movies:

I’d love to get back in the suit again and do some things I’ve learned how to do now that I didn’t know how to do then. I think we’re better at making that kind of a film now. Some of the things we did in the early parts of the franchise were experimental and now they’ve become customary in a lot of the ‘Avengers’ films and other comic book adaptations.

While this is true, there is a slight problem – the rights to Blade have since reverted back to Marvel/Disney since the last film was released. This is a huge problem because I honestly don’t see Blade fitting anywhere into Marvel’s grand universe, being a much darker, ruthless k!ller whose movies and comics rely on heavy gore and violence. He’s a bit too ferocious for good-natured characters like Iron Man and Captain America, but maybe if another studio could get the rights somehow, Snipe’s version of Blade could k!ll again.

I’m not saying a Blade 4 is out of the question, but the movie fans deserve sure would be if Marvel/Disney were involved. I personally believe Blade needs to exist in a world by himself, without these mainstream superheroes getting involved, and that’s just not what Marvel is about right now. I wish Wesley Snipes the best in bringing the world more Blade movies, but he’s got quite the battle ahead of him – do you think victory is in sight?

Comments

• illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it would be badass if it happened but its not going to
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Snipes tryin to get hit off with a 20 million dollar payday

Thwy should have stopped after 2 the third was forced
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the moive where he was jumping out of planes was my ? too. Can't remember the name though
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marvel should work out something with Disney where these darker characters can have their own movies set in their own universes and not having to be connected all the time.
    I got a feeling that this is gonna sit and sit. Wesley still got it. They could churn out another trilogy with Blade. All these other fakin ass vamp movies that's been getting burn these past few years.
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not going to happen.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want Wesley Snipes to comeback as BLADE just as much as the next fan,hopefully they can work something out, I dont care if they have to bring it down to a PG-13 rating for it to happen I'll still support it.. Wesley really embodies that role and gives life to it,he deserves another BLADE movie since he was the first to bring superhero flicks back to the forefront.
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blade was the forefather of Marvel comics movies today. Not X Men not Spider Man. That being said I can't really see them making another after the TV show. Esoecially with how hollywood has copied the concept of what Blade was to death. Even Snipes did it in Gallowalkers? Maybe he'll appear in the next Spider Man lol
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    Marvel should work out something with Disney where these darker characters can have their own movies set in their own universes and not having to be connected all the time.
    I got a feeling that this is gonna sit and sit. Wesley still got it. They could churn out another trilogy with Blade. All these other fakin ass vamp movies that's been getting burn these past few years.

Yup, they should do like a cinematic version of Marvel MAX. I could see something being done with both Blade, Morbius and even Ghost Rider if they wanted to revisit him again.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »

Yup, they should do like a cinematic version of Marvel MAX. I could see something being done with both Blade, Morbius and even Ghost Rider if they wanted to revisit him again.

I think what they are trying with Netflix may be them seeing how a more darker character could make it in the mcu starting with daredevil.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea I can see Blade Ghost Rider etc being in those netflix marvel shows
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    the moive where he was jumping out of planes was my ? too. Can't remember the name though

Drop Zone
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd definitely see another blade movie. Throw Michael jai white in there too.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marvel asked Snipes about the role, not the other way around.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wesley snipes ? up his career. ? should be on denzel level.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm surprised that Marvel asked Snipes. By all accounts was horrible to work with for Blade 3.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm surprised that Marvel asked Snipes. By all accounts was horrible to work with for Blade 3.

This was partly because he felt too much time was spent on the sidekicks and not enough on blade. They were trying to make a spin-off so I won't blame him for that.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

This was partly because he felt too much time was spent on the sidekicks and not enough on blade. They were trying to make a spin-off so I won't blame him for that.

Co-sign

How is speaking up for not getting your just due when your the star of a movie be perceived as horrible,if anybody was horrible it was David S Goyer cause I read not only was Wesley sueing for lack of screen time but also for racially motivated statements Goyer was making about Snipes.

toonzone.net/forums/entertainment-board/139318-wesley-snipes-sues-new-line-david-goyer-over-blade-trinity.html#.U9rfG6MpDJs

"Snipes also claims that in contrast to the first two "Blade" films, in which efforts were made to select a multiracial cast and crew, defendants intentionally hired only white people, leading to feelings of isolation and exclusion by Snipes.He also claims that Goyer made racially motivated statements about Snipes being unprofessional and difficult to work with, and that Goyer refused to discipline a crew member who wore a racially discriminatory T-shirt on the set.

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snipes and Guillermo Del toro should team up for blade 4
    With blade hunting Michael morbius

Snipes hasn't aged a bit
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that'd be cool but won't happen. it doesn't fit in the universe, and even if they brought blade into the marvel netflix universe or started a darker mcu they wouldn't bring back snipes.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I personally would only be interested in a complete reboot. Time to move on.
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Snipes and Guillermo Del toro should team up for blade 4
    With blade hunting Michael morbius

Snipes hasn't aged a bit

Lol Snipes looks like an old black lady

3fc27c60-086f-11e4-b969-5798bcc6cfe3_the-expendables-3.jpg