Would You Rather Have Roommates Or Live Alone? (When You First Move Out On Your Own)

Options
2»

Comments

• nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • IgnorantSole
    IgnorantSole Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    had my best friend as a room mate when I first moved out, like minds so ? was cool. rent was never late cause we don't play bout money. ? was in surplus so we never beefed bout who drank this/ate that, hell if it's the last and you didn't buy it don't take it. having a live in wingman was dope, bring a broad and friends over everybody win or let the homie answer the door and dismiss unwanted company. closed door meant go the ? away. ? was a like a frat house.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    I've done both and I can honestly say ? that roomate ? . It's not enough hours in a day to complain about the numerous amount of ? you deal with while having a roomate.

Some ppl are lucky enough to have good roomates but for the most part, save yourself the trouble and stay by yourself.

I'll save myself from that after I would become stable enough to live on my own. Remember I am moving to the west coast.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    31 now, moved out at 19.. **never had a roomate post**
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't had a roommate since I was about 22. My Jr year of college I moved off of campus w/ a friend. I saved my money from my PT job & worked two that summer to get my own furniture, dishes, etc to get my own place the next year. I have a temp roommate now b/c I'm letting a homeboy crash w/ me until he moves to MN for a new job next month. It reminds me why I never want another one.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well as long as you talk to roommate about limits not to cross then I don't see how anything could go wrong. Everything should go as yall want and save money for as long as yall want.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    Well as long as you talk to roommate about limits not to cross then I don't see how anything could go wrong. Everything should go as yall want and save money for as long as yall want.
    Word
  • memphis2sacnicc
    memphis2sacnicc Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So, do you think it's cool to have roomies that you could talk to? Also it would be cheaper for you because you guys would get to split the rent. What are the perks and disadvantages of having roommates? I know I might get some when I move to the West Coast. The main reason is because rent is more expensive over there than it is here. What do you guys think? I know I would have one or two until I get on my feet.

539w.jpg6a01156e3109e6970c01310fa50f4f970c-piScreen-shot-2011-03-27-at-7.41.38-PM.pngroommates.jpeg

I can tell dude in the 3rd pic is in the friend zone. Bless his heart.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    So, do you think it's cool to have roomies that you could talk to? Also it would be cheaper for you because you guys would get to split the rent. What are the perks and disadvantages of having roommates? I know I might get some when I move to the West Coast. The main reason is because rent is more expensive over there than it is here. What do you guys think? I know I would have one or two until I get on my feet.

539w.jpg6a01156e3109e6970c01310fa50f4f970c-piScreen-shot-2011-03-27-at-7.41.38-PM.pngroommates.jpeg

I can tell dude in the 3rd pic is in the friend zone. Bless his heart.

LOL

Also, I might get three other roommates. I think it will be two girls and another dude. Cuz I'll be searching for roommates before I relocated after this HOPEFULLY last year of college.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    some_? ! wrote: »
    AZTG wrote: »
    Alone.

=D>
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm 29 and I never lived on my own I always had a roommate it saves money. . MOE
  • IAmDopeSmoke
    IAmDopeSmoke Members Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just me and my main ? don't need a bunch of ? in my crib
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lived with 3 other females while in college
    Worst mistake ever
  • memphis2sacnicc
    memphis2sacnicc Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KU Beezy wrote: »
    Worst mistake ever
    what happened?

• GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    KU Beezy wrote: »
    Worst mistake ever

Tell us
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alone!! this roommate ? is bs
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kicking it your people and living with them are two different things. I've done it before and I don't want to do it again. I like my space and trusting myself is a lot easier.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    See, I was thinking of getting a female roommate and another male roommate. That way things could be somewhat kosher.

nope. not worth it. guarantee one of you will fall for the girl and either she'll reject you/him and make things awkward, or she starts hooking up with you/him and then the eventual breakup and it's a big mess.
    If your about saving as much money as possible, try to get a roommate.

If you value your alone time and what absolute say in what goes on, go it by yourself.
    See, I would get roommates that are similar to myself.
    it's not that easy either. unless you already have friends who you could move in with. it's not like you fill out a survey to find the most compatible roommate
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    See, I was thinking of getting a female roommate and another male roommate. That way things could be somewhat kosher.

nope. not worth it. guarantee one of you will fall for the girl and either she'll reject you/him and make things awkward, or she starts hooking up with you/him and then the eventual breakup and it's a big mess.
    If your about saving as much money as possible, try to get a roommate.

If you value your alone time and what absolute say in what goes on, go it by yourself.
    See, I would get roommates that are similar to myself.
    it's not that easy either. unless you already have friends who you could move in with. it's not like you fill out a survey to find the most compatible roommate
    It would be stupid to fall for another roommate though. I would just see her as friend material and that's it. Now for the other dude that would be stupid on his part.

To the second part true.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I did the live alone thing when I moved out. Found it much easier being responsible for my own ? than having seen others do the roommate thing and always some disagreements and foul habits that others may have had. It depends also on if you can cope on your own, not having that company always around as some just ain't cut out for it and need someone around them 24/7
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »
    I did the live alone thing when I moved out. Found it much easier being responsible for my own ? than having seen others do the roommate thing and always some disagreements and foul habits that others may have had. It depends also on if you can cope on your own, not having that company always around as some just ain't cut out for it and need someone around them 24/7

True, but everyone don't have the financial means to live on their own. However, when I do then I would try to live on my own.