The OFFICIAL 2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Free agency really got a lot of these ? gassed. Greg Monroe turning down 5 year 60 million dollar offers when he plays no d and can't play outside of the paint in 2014? Wow
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who offered dat to Monroe? Hes not gonna get a betta offer then dat
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.nba.com/news/features/john_schuhmann/2014-15-nba-rookie-survey/

The 2014 NBA rookie class was much hyped, not only for its top-line talent, but also its depth. And in the results of the 2014-15 NBA.com Rookie Survey, you can see evidence of both.

At the annual Rookie Photo Shoot at the Knicks' practice facility in Tarrytown, N.Y., on Sunday, 38 rookies answered eight questions about their class. And over those eight questions, 39 different first-year players received at least one vote. But it's clear who they think is at the top of their class.

Who will be the 2014-15 Rookie of the Year?

1: Jabari Parker, Milwaukee -- 52.8 percent

T-2: Doug McDermott, Chicago -- 8.3 percent

Andrew Wiggins, Cleveland -- 8.3 percent

T-4: Shabazz Napier, Miami -- 5.6 percent

Nerlens Noel, Philadelphia -- 5.6 percent

Which rookie will have the best career?

1: Jabari Parker, Milwaukee -- 45.9 percent

2: Doug McDermott, Chicago -- 13.5 percent

3: T.J. Warren, Phoenix -- 8.1 percent

T-4: Zach LaVine, Minnesota -- 5.4 percent

Andrew Wiggins, Cleveland -- 5.4 percent

Which rookie is being most overlooked?

1: Kyle Anderson, San Antonio -- 11.1 percent

T-2: Mitch McGary, Oklahoma City -- 8.3 percent

Glen Robinson III, Minnesota -- 8.3 percent

C.J. Wilcox, L.A. Clippers -- 8.3 percent

T-5: Gary Harris, Denver -- 5.6 percent

Shout out to Eminem. The people's champ.

8418139450_74764117c2_o.gif

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If jabari doesn't watch his weight his career won't be that spectacular.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I don't even think Jabari's weight is much of a problem.

I remember how flabby Glenn Robinson looked when he was gettin' buckets with his eyes closed.

I think he just kinda got a flabby body type. Same with Melo.

Melo look like if he retired today he would look like his boy Lenny Cooke by Christmas.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Small trade..knick fans will like acy

Kings trade Travis Outlaw and Quincy Acy to New York for Wayne Ellington, Jeremy Tyler and 2nd round pick
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Free agency really got a lot of these ? gassed. Greg Monroe turning down 5 year 60 million dollar offers when he plays no d and can't play outside of the paint in 2014? Wow

Probably just has more to do with him wanting out of Detroit. He'll probably take the same or slightly less money somewhere else. Kinda like Lance.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all giving Dan too much credit, he not that deep.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »

Of course, you wouldn't get it. You don't know how Le Batard thinks. People outside of Miami will see it as bitterness, we see it as a troll job.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Small trade..knick fans will like acy

Kings trade Travis Outlaw and Quincy Acy to New York for Wayne Ellington, Jeremy Tyler and 2nd round pick

Don't like that tyler hot traded but I'll see how they fit on the team.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options

Of course, you wouldn't get it. You don't know how Le Batard thinks. People outside of Miami will see it as bitterness, we see it as a troll job.

Ok
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Dude is bitter tho...when the best player in the nba leaves ya team that happens(dan gilbert years ago) no more ? rants..

Uh no. Smarten up. It's a satire of Gilbert's lame move with the comic sans, the same font he used in that letter. Le Batard ain't losing sleep over Bron's decision.

That plus apparently some guy in Cleveland who runs a sports blog went in on LeBatard last week when he got tricked by a fake story about LeBatard being denied ad space in a Cleveland newspaper to put that exact pic up. So LeBatard basically said "That never crossed my mind to do it but since you were dumb enough to believe it here you go" lol
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why would you give any name other than your own when asked "which rookie will have the best career?" If you ask me to exclude myself then don't even ask FOH.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Look at what Le Batard put up in Akron lol

6a00d83451587d69e201a73dfc9c80970d-pi

Eh i dont see the problem.Just some funny backhand compliment.
    He didnt degrade Lebron . like Lebron's old owner/new owner...
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Probably just has more to do with him wanting out of Detroit. He'll probably take the same or slightly less money somewhere else. Kinda like Lance.

Yea but lance had other suitors. I don't think anyone else will offer Monroe that money
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    If he wanted to leave Detroit that bad then he woulda took that offer because I couldn't see the Pistons matching it.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that's salt by LeBatard. he left about a month ago. buying billboards in the new city with a sarcastic "thanks" suuuure. he thought Riley was untouchable then homeboy got the same ignored text and calls that Gilbert got 4 years ago. nice college era . take them 2 chips and enjoy em now he back where he always wanted to be
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDB wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    1of1 wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    Troy Ave cool with me...he makes ? I ? with...

we all cant like the same ? though

You like Troy Ave and don't like Big K.R.I.T. I don't even know how that's possible.

Its called east coast bias and musical taste/preference lol ? idk

theres people who like gunplay but dont ? with kendrick lamar

Even this can't get me ? with I wanna be like Fif music.

Either my reading comprehension on struggle mode right now or this sentence structure is ? the ? up.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    that's salt by LeBatard. he left about a month ago. buying billboards in the new city with a sarcastic "thanks" suuuure. he thought Riley was untouchable then homeboy got the same ignored text and calls that Gilbert got 4 years ago. nice college era . take them 2 chips and enjoy em now he back where he always wanted to be

I agree with both sides to an extent. I know it's a joke and all, but you can't tell me he ain't feeling some kinda way about.

He like that one ? always goin out of his way to let you know how much he don't give a ? , when the easiest way to go about it is... Actually not giving a ?
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He like that one ? always goin out of his way to let you know how much he don't give a ? , when the easiest way to go about it is... Actually not giving a ?

2977.gif
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If he wanted to leave Detroit that bad then he woulda took that offer because I couldn't see the Pistons matching it.

I think the pistons are the ones who offered it
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »

I agree with both sides to an extent. I know it's a joke and all, but you can't tell me he ain't feeling some kinda way about.

exactly heat fans been tryna play the same role knowing they tight about the stiffarm bron gave em. Miami folks stay giving LeBatard extra credit. he like the Latino/Rican version of Stuart Scott to them so I understand why the cape stay on
This discussion has been closed.