The OFFICIAL 2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Flip Saunders shoulda took dat golden state deal dat package was way betta then wat Cleveland offered he ? up by being greedy tho. Love betta deliver here cuz dude handled dis situation horribly

In the short term yea, but Klay and Lee still isn't getting them in the playoffs, Wiggins ceiling is a lot higher and I think he puts more butts in the seats right away and sells more merchandise in the short term, he's a potential superstar in this league...he's a potential bust too but at the very least he gives the fans something to be excited about
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never thought I'd come in this thread, or any thread, and see a pic of Craig Counsell
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also im not sure if Wiggins has it in him but he should be SO motivated to try to destroy da Cavs when they match up, id try to drop at least 30 on them ?
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KD out here trying to become a young mogul the same time Greg Oden becoming another athlete statistic dealing with women
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The golden state deal? The one with no Klay Thompson? Y'all sick. Ain't no star coming to minny so this is their chance. They now have two players with high bust potential but if they work out they're gonna be a problem (Wiggins/Lavine)
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love and Irving have some injury issues, not known for their Defense either, so I wouldn't say they have East wrapped up yet.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Minny do have a squad though
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    Love and Irving have some injury issues, not known for their Defense either, so I wouldn't say they have East wrapped up yet.

This.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so the east all star team starters could possibly be irving,wade,lebron,love and bosh?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out how Chicago is going to have problems with having depth in the front court? As long as Gasol, Taj and Noah are healthy come playoffs who gives a ? if Nazr Muhammed is seeing minutes? McDermott is going to see time at the 3, Mirotic is the only question mark, I don't know how good he's going to be right away, I see him being more of a project in year one, seeing time when guys miss time which is almost inevitable, unless he ? out on both sides and doesn't give give Thibs much of a choice but to play him and take minutes from Gasol and Taj then I don't see him being much of a factor come playoffs, just a depth guy who will learn a thing or two from his fellow spaniard Gasol on one side and the best defensive big man in the game on the other, depth in the front court is a good problem to have

Just seems congested. They'll be starting two 5's, they're backup 4 is only a 4 w/ no versatility position-wise, Mirotic is also a 4. He was billed as a 3 but this aint the 90's he's not playing the 3. Mcdermott gon get killed on D at the 3, whereas he would shine as a small ball 4. Its just dont seem like its addin up. No versatility, very slow. That style can win, but not a title. Not anymore. I been sayin the same thing for years w/ OKC starting Ibaka at the 4. We'll see

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    south4life wrote: »
    Billups met with The Cavs, Gawd Damn Cleveland trying to get everybody

Cleveland is going to be such a good regular season team I can't wait

That frontline is suspect and that's with love.You got the bulls winnin the east?

Well yea they arent 6 deep at the 4 and 5 like the Bulls

jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

Aint that many minutes to go around. Yall gon have problems w/ that. Cleveland-

Varajao/Haywood
    Love/Thompson

Bron/Marion (small ball 4)

Only question is Haywood, havent seen him play in a minute. If he is what he used to be thats all they need from him. Most nights they'll play mostly w/ Love at the 5 and Thompson or Bron at the 4. Ngga they good.

So explain the difference between clevelands frontcourt and

Noah/Taj
    Gasol/Taj/Mirotic

Lol @ the bolded that interior defense will be worst than miamis was.You think you know but have no idea what you be talkin about.You're just enamored wit big names like all casual fans are
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @jaemooms ain't posted this much in an NBA thread in the last 4 years

I still got the Bulls coming out the East, Cavs still have problems playing defense besides Lebron. Gasol, Taj, Noah and McBuckets go eat against the Cavs frontcourt

well my last job had the web blocked, but new job doesn't. so y'all lames keep me entertained until i get off.

• DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    so the east all star team starters could possibly be irving,wade,lebron,love and bosh?

lebron left.
    Miami ain't got that many fans. u barely count as one
    love just stole bosh spot
    and Rose will jack the other guard spot
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Flip Saunders shoulda took dat golden state deal dat package was way betta then wat Cleveland offered he ? up by being greedy tho. Love betta deliver here cuz dude handled dis situation horribly

In the short term yea, but Klay and Lee still isn't getting them in the playoffs, Wiggins ceiling is a lot higher and I think he puts more butts in the seats right away and sells more merchandise in the short term, he's a potential superstar in this league...he's a potential bust too but at the very least he gives the fans something to be excited about

not impressed wit Wiggins at all dont really see a superstar, i could be wrong tho. Wolves bout to miss da playoffs for bout 5 straight years only thing exciting is him nd Lavine catchin oops they bout to have a smooth 25 wins
  • MR.CJ
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The wolves on 2k15 will be nice
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Irving over rose?
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »

first time u said something about love all summer. about 4 ? points have been lost. u still got a ways to go tho.

how da hell am i a ? ? lmao dont turn into its over 2012 on me bruh
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all gonna let the Bulls disappoint you all again.

Talking about Cleveland's front court not having depth. As if there's any difference between that front court and the ones from the Miami teams that were smacking them around the past several years.

Varejao >> all of the 5's during the Big 3 era
    Love >> Bosh
    Bron = Bron
    Waiters < Wade
    Kyrie >^100 Chalmers

• RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Health contingent I'm sure...

? in here with they fibers crossed for the wolves lmao high hope ? losing love & adding Wiggins & Bennett ain't cuttin it brehs

Wolves in dat young lottery for (even more) years to come
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fingers*

Auto spell is a sum ?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna see how Loves numbers are effected.. who gets the second peg.. or will the food-chain be similar as Miami's was after the initial season

Bron > Shooters > Wade > Bosh

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those comments richardson said about pierce floppin and always actin hurt from the '10 playoffs when they got into it had me rollin
This discussion has been closed.