The OFFICIAL 2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Nah, these thots aint foolin me, and ngga i/we aint THAT old

Anybody old enough to get in the club knows Allen Iverson, maybe not by sight, but def by name.

Its 2014 dawg

21 year old hoes that didnt watch basketball ten years ago dont know who A.I. Is.

Exactly theres something called google.
    Chances are, some of her home gals, grew up idolizing that ? . how u think she knew he was famous???
    The same way she ask for a pic, she could of googled that ? .
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at them trying to trade hibbert. That ? trash. Pacers aren't making the playoffs this year
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Lol at them trying to trade hibbert. That ? trash. Pacers aren't making the playoffs this year

They should break up the team and start over.....
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Looks like we opening the season at home against the Wizards.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Sounds like a good matchup..nationally televised though?

That Feb 20th game against the knicks..im in there
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ? ain't get my Pacers/catch a break entendre? Damnit I was high when I posted that and thought it was clever as hell. Maybe I should just stick to lurking when im high lol.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Sounds like a good matchup..nationally televised though?

Thursday on TNT, October 30
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nba need to go ahead and release the schedule.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should have Bulls/Cavs open the season so we can be the first to give the Cavs their first loss
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Nah, these thots aint foolin me, and ngga i/we aint THAT old

Anybody old enough to get in the club knows Allen Iverson, maybe not by sight, but def by name.

Its 2014 dawg

21 year old hoes that didnt watch basketball ten years ago dont know who A.I. Is.

Fam your years are off. He's not that old, b Lol Not bein able to recognize him is understandable, but never hearing the name "Allen Iverson'? No.

They were 10, 11 when he was at his peak. Not babies. The majority of 21 year old females atleast know the name Allen Iverson
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should have Bulls/Cavs open the season so we can be the first to give the Cavs their first loss

I'm not feeling spurs @ cavs to open the season, FOH the spurs are defending champs, and when was the last time the champs didn't open the season at home? Why not bulls @ cavs at 7, then thunder @ spurs at 9:30??
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Options

Dont nobody want to see a massacre on opening night...
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    jaemooms wrote: »

Dont nobody want to see a massacre on opening night...

You're right, can't have you fake Cavs fans on suicide watch after the first game
  • S2J
    edited August 2014
    Options

140302052638338216.jpg

Who gave yall creative license to talk about the Bulls like they aint gotta figure out a completey brand new roster just like the Cavs. And your best player coming off major injury. Enough already.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited August 2014
    Options
    ? shut up, you always worried about what Bulls fans are posting. Take that troll tactic to someone else

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Warriors’ Steve Kerr said likely same starting five, but Iguodala could come off bench

Don’t fix what ain’t broken.

Last season when the Warriors starting five were on the court — Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Andre Iguodala, David Lee and Andrew Bogut — they outscored their opponents by 15.5 points per 100 possessions (or if you prefer 15 points per 48 minutes).

That is impressive. It also means their bench wasn’t nearly as impressive (as a team the Warriors were +4.8 per 48).

New Warriors coach Steve Kerr likely will keep the successful starting five together… but he’ll look at his options. Like maybe bringing Andre Iguodala off the bench, he told the San Jose Mercury News.

“Andre (Iguodala) started last year, which he probably will (again), but there’s a lot of options that we have because we’ve got really good players in Harrison (Barnes) and Draymond (Green),” Kerr said, adding that he would likely use the same lineup as last season. “But most of it usually comes down to how the combination fits. … How do the pieces of the puzzle fit?”

Unless Barnes returns to somewhere close to 2013 playoff form I’m not sure how this is a discussion. And even then it seems like a bad idea.

Iguodala brings a real defensive presence to the starting five — they were 6.3 points per 100 possessions better on defense when he played. Green was -3.1 per 100, Barnes was -4.8. Kerr’s going to take that out of the starting line up?

Iguodala had the best per-100 rating on the team, the Warriors were +13.7 per 100. He’s the glue guy this roster this roster needed. You can’t move him out of the starting lineup.

Kerr was most likely trying to fire up Barnes and Green here, the fact is Kerr needs to get more out of this bench. If he can do that, and bring more complexity and motion to the offense, he’s going to look like a smart rookie coach.

Smart people also don’t fix what ain’t broken.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    They need to tell Drake to sit his punk ass down and ?
  • S2J
    edited August 2014
    Options
    ? shut up, you always worried about what Bulls fans are posting. Take that troll tactic to someone else

Ngga aint nobody trollin. Take that 'the Bulls have all their ducks in a row' ? to the bulls thread. Here is the place for unbiased discussion and yall are comical with your confidence in your squad when yall have won nothing in the playoffs w/ Thibs. Havent even come close.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Durant showed love afterwards too lmao.... he got a huge ovation
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited August 2014
    Options
    So you mad because we got team pride, go sit your crybaby ass down somewhere.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    Bulls Preseason schedule

Monday, October 6 Washington Wizards
    Tuesday, October 7 at Detroit Pistons
    Saturday, October 11 at Milwaukee Bucks
    Monday, October 13 Denver Nuggets
    Thursday, October 16 Atlanta Hawks
    Sunday, October 19 Charlotte Hornets
    Monday, October 20 at Cleveland Cavaliers
    Friday, October 24 Minnesota Timberwolves

• joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Bruh da salaries don't match,also u need draft picks nd at least a young promising player, put da 2k down dawg

They could make it work if Minny really wanted Ibaka, Perk would have to go, he's an interior defender/expiring contract they could find a 3rd team easily if Minny didn't want him, Lamb or Jones could be intriguing throw ins with a pick or two, if both teams wanted to make it happen they could, just like Bogans was given that unguarabteed contract to make that deal between Brooklyn and Boston work, they would find a way

Thanks for shutting that ? ? up... Ibaka gets paid about 10 or 11 milli, love only gets about 13 milli, attach Jeremy Lamb and a pick there u go.... That's why I can't stand dumb ? ass ? at least somebody knows how salaries match to make a deal... OKC ain't getting over the ? with the same lineup, love would've been nice with Rant and Russ andMin could've gotten a proven player, I think Flip would've thought twice personally

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
This discussion has been closed.