Should rappers be involved in recent cases? What can they do if they should do anything at all?

Options
13»

Comments

• GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    tumblr_ml26saFV2i1qfrkf9o2_250.gif

tumblr_mchhbkZ9Qz1qisfp3o6_250.gif

qUC9Gx2.gif

Bruh, that joke has been done many times, Not funny anymore fam.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Just read in allhiphop some rapper (I never heard of before) speak something that is pretty sobering. "Dear Hip Hop, we can’t scream “murder, misogyny, lawlessness” in our music & then turn around and ask for equality & justice."

i'm seeing rappers and people affiliated with hip-hop speak now. I also ain't blame noone that wants to wait and find out the truth before siding on an issue. You can end up looking real dumb not knowing what really happened sometime.
    killer mike, bow-wow, nelly, wiz khalifa, david banner, janelle monae, big boi, spike lee
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Im just tickled nh to see how much black culture revolves around hip hop to some of you.

Meanwhile ? Al, ? Jesse, ? Spike (up until this week), etc.

Man ? rap and rappers. Okay? That is not the pinnacle of black culture. Get out the fukin house.

If its a Killer Mike, cool, he can speak on it b/c he's an articulate dude into politics, not b/c he's an articulate rapper.

And even with him, Sooooo am i the only one that cringes seeing 'KILLER' Mike speaking on the killing of a 64'4 300lb black man, Mike, that white america is trying to paint as a thug?

I get tired of havin to explain away names, have caveats of 'oh yes im a positive brother but this is why i rap about killing'. I get tired of watching Politically Correct and all the panelists have their regular, full name, then 'and here's rapper ____.' Im tired of seeing the most serious of conversations on huge stages and we bein introduced by nicknames. Like we're fukin caricatures. ? rappers. We bigger than just that
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no. for what?..

just because they make music, they're expected to get in their "feelings" for the media about tragic situations in america?

If you wanna express how you feel about a case, that's fine with me. wont think any more or less of ya cuz i probably already respected you.

the ones who do, Like we always say.. "put it in a rap."
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the only hip hop protest/activist that comes to mind are the zulu nation though
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it'll be nice to see rich black entertainers show that their not so far removed from the struggle that affects the common brother and sister (and used to affect them).
    they should but they wont. hell i can only think of 10 artists who either spoke on it or made tribute songs

banner
    t.i.
    killer mike
    nelly
    elle varner
    j. cole
    john legend

ok scratch that, 7 artists
    the others will probably speak after the heat dies down. probably donate some money to charity and move on. probably dedicate a 16 to the cause.

and honestly, i dont need to hear it.

the ? can a rapper say/do months from now that'll have more impact on whats being said/done right now?
  • luke1733
    Options
    The IC:

Maaan, ? Al and Jesse. Aye but what does 2Chainz have to say?

Since a lot of y'all cosigned on saying F* Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton; let me ask you if you can name two things either one of them has ever said negative against the black race? I really would like to know. I remember one time Jesse was caught saying something about cutting Obama's ? off, but besides that what??? These dudes have got people top notch lawyers and changed laws for all people of color. What negative has been said by them that y'all agree on so much? don't say nothing about how they act like leaders. That's you saying that. I want to know exactly what they said that was offensive.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    luke1733 wrote: »
    The IC:

Maaan, ? Al and Jesse. Aye but what does 2Chainz have to say?

Since a lot of y'all cosigned on saying F* Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton; let me ask you if you can name two things either one of them has ever said negative against the black race? I really would like to know. I remember one time Jesse was caught saying something about cutting Obama's ? off, but besides that what??? These dudes have got people top notch lawyers and changed laws for all people of color. What negative has been said by them that y'all agree on so much? don't say nothing about how they act like leaders. That's you saying that. I want to know exactly what they said that was offensive.

@ bolded, if NOTHING else, that alone is a Godsend! That alone is gold. In addtion to everything else. But i would really like someone to answer your question.
  • luke1733
    edited August 2014
    Options