YG Details Blood Gang Initiation, First Gun (YG gets banned from two shows by LAPD)

Options
RickyRich
RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
YG describes being a blood gang member and recalls owning his first gun.

YG's alleged affiliation with Bloods on the west coast is well documented inside and outside of his music.

Recently talking with Vibe, the Los Angeles native detailed how one gets jumped in as a blood and says he dedicated his life to being a gang member.

"You get jumped on by a certain amount of people for a certain amount of time," he recalled. "I gave my life up for this ? ? . The moment you get put on you gotta bang the hood and be involved in gang activities. I’m not trying to say I sold my soul, but I dedicated my life to the set. You could end up dead or in jail for the rest of your life, you feel me?"

YG also talked about obtaining his first firearm and says he was excited about holding it.

"My best friend gave me my first gun," YG said. "When I held it, I was like, 'Ooh wee! This is real!'… I threw a party in a church hall, but ? who we had problems with came. They walked up close and I pulled the hammer out on them like, '? , what’s happening?!' Up in the church! They backed back, like, “OK, fa’sho.“

YG recently claimed that the LAPD banned him from performing at two of his recent shows on the "Drake Vs. Lil Wayne" tour. There have been past altercations at shows involving YG and his team.

Comments

• RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The LAPD reportedly demanded extra security at the shows if YG was to perform.

YG has reportedly been barred from performing at two Los Angeles dates of The Drake vs. Lil Wayne Tour according to a Tweet he sent out yesterday (September 19).

“Irvine/Hollywood, the LAPD ain’t letting me perform at the #DrakeVsWayne dates today and Monday,” he wrote. “All that giving bak must don’t matter.”

According to MTV News a representative for the LAPD claimed to not have any information on the decision. MTV also cites a source close to the rapper who told them that the order stemmed from a request from the police department calling for added police security at the concert as a function of YG’s appearance. The site claims the added security could cost up to $120,000 and quotes the source as calling the decision “unfair.”

“We been fighting tooth and nail to get it, we finally got it and now they want to take it away,” the source reportedly said. “YG has a professional team around him.” The same source apparently pointed to two recent YG shows in Orange County, California as well as his appearance at Budweiser’s Made In America Festival as evidence of previous and peaceful performances in the area.
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at ah blood from compton saying "certain" "could" "church"....he obviously didnt give his life up for it, ? he not even doing it correctly...im out this thread, bye

that ? making money now, fucc tryin to seem cool for his set, ? already put it down. why alienate ? who put $$$ in yo poccets??
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meant CANT THINK OF A CITY ^ up there
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    I swear I make the weirdest faces when I hear somebody still gang banging or smoking ? in 2014. Feels like I look like a toddler asked to do Algebra.

You must live on the internet and not the real world
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He doesn't bang harder than Chris Breezy tho.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LA ? need to let it go bruh......
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im not even from L.A. but yall ? clueless. Hasnt colors been out almost 30 years? Yall still clueless
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I laugh when ? talk about bein in a gang at a certain age or gangbangin dead cuz I know they never lived this or that life............... Lots of ? of here and in life talk about bein from the "hood" but aint none of these ? lived, drove past, or seen a project or a ghetto hood in they life............. Somehow all the tough guys on the internet are rich, had both they parents in the "hood", or they just tough for no ? reason at all............ This is an example of a ? that ain't gangsta........... He not just tellin on himself but he tellin on everybody just to look good for street cred smh.......... If this ? was a blood he wouldn't need to speak on it........... Also the ? that think gangbangin is dead and only dumb ? ? bet yall don't never leave the crib or obviously yall smarter than everybody which isn't likely........... Cuz real ? know gangs is out here....... Either you blind and movin through life like a ? or you aint where you say you be.............
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »

Not gunna happen. Seen 10-15 ? deep all blue posted on the block in 60's hood just a few weeks ago. The cops could arrest em all just for that because of an injunction

These ? give 0 ? . ? was here way before rap made it cool,better yet before it existed. ? ingrained into LA culture, for worst. ? slowly changing though, its a way bigger issue in chicago.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at ah blood from compton saying "certain" "could" "church"....he obviously didnt give his life up for it, ? he not even doing it correctly...im out this thread, bye

Wait...wait, wait. Yall nggas cant use words that start with C? bwahahaha

Ngga be at the porq picninc-What you want on yo burger ngga?

Lemme get some c---lemme get some of that yellow stuff, on bloods!
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    smh @ any nigguh defending a lifestyle that has brought nothing but decades of death and destruction to our communities.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I
    Meroe wrote: »

Not gunna happen. Seen 10-15 ? deep all blue posted on the block in 60's hood just a few weeks ago. The cops could arrest em all just for that because of an injunction

These ? give 0 ? . ? was here way before rap made it cool,better yet before it existed. ? ingrained into LA culture, for worst. ? slowly changing though, its a way bigger issue in chicago.

Thats why ? talbout some."get over it, let it go" im sitting here smh like wtf are they kidding

See the great thing about the IC and topics like this is you can tell who actually goes outside and who be in the house wit they mammy and pops probably bumping Lil B in the headphones or some ? .

Why would ? that was raised from generations of loc`s that already got put on be on the block by the legions go tell they resident Big homie

" damn my ? , this one ill comunity ? right we should let it go, they looking at us like toddlers askin to do algebra so thats the last straw.....it make me not wanna shoot the ? that shot the homie"

Yeah right, ? would get stole on on the front lines of the block on some ? like that.

Once ? get put on IC aint no "? need to let it go"
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ignorant ? disgust me and he a sloppy ? ? yuck
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nex gin wrote: »
    smh @ any nigguh defending a lifestyle that has brought nothing but decades of death and destruction to our communities.

I dont think ? are defending gang banging as much as saying how ingrained it is in society and the fact that it's not going anywhere
  • Noble Al Lee
    Noble Al Lee Members Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If u bangin, but can't whoop a ? one on one, you a ? . ? what u rep. If u bangin, and can whoop a ? without having to have him hopped on, more power to you. Not to the gang, just more power to you.

• Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a way of life in LA. My cousin was a hoover crip, and another cousin was a piru blood.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wats up with the feelings in here, yeah its known gangs still around but why every ? that don't support the ? "probably don't go outside" if that's yall lifestyle then so be it, but ain't no positivity in that ? so don't get hot at ? calling ignant ? ignant, some ? like myself can go outside without having to wear a certain color n throwing a sign n spreading negativity just to fit in with some ? , and yg a damn lie talm bout he ain't sell his soul lol
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    I
    Meroe wrote: »

Thats why ? talbout some."get over it, let it go" im sitting here smh like wtf are they kidding

See the great thing about the IC and topics like this is you can tell who actually goes outside and who be in the house wit they mammy and pops probably bumping Lil B in the headphones or some ? .

Why would ? that was raised from generations of loc`s that already got put on be on the block by the legions go tell they resident Big homie

" damn my ? , this one ill comunity ? right we should let it go, they looking at us like toddlers askin to do algebra so thats the last straw.....it make me not wanna shoot the ? that shot the homie"

Yeah right, ? would get stole on on the front lines of the block on some ? like that.

Once ? get put on IC aint no "? need to let it go"

Ah yes, so just because this is an ongoing issue with family roots in some instances, it should never be discussed or criticized no matter how destructive and negative it has been. Makes perfect sense.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wats up with the feelings in here, yeah its known gangs still around but why every ? that don't support the ? "probably don't go outside" if that's yall lifestyle then so be it, but ain't no positivity in that ? so don't get hot at ? calling ignant ? ignant, some ? like myself can go outside without having to wear a certain color n throwing a sign n spreading negativity just to fit in with some ? , and yg a damn lie talm bout he ain't sell his soul lol

I think the issue was ? dismissing or talking about gang activity as if it was a fad in the 90s when it's a culture that's been around for decades that these ? come from

It's easy to talk down on it and dismiss it when you don't come from that