So a cop shot a dude in Columbia South Carolina and they dropped the video tonight...

Options

Comments

• trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why did he turn around & reach in the car? was the cop asking for his license & insurance? other than that im not turning my back to a cop who already has a gun drawn on me.
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glad he was charged, and he should do time for it. Doesn't seem premeditated though. Seems like he saw him reach for something and panicked, thinking (no doubt because of racial stereotypes) that he was going for a gun.

how you gonna panic when a man reaches in his car to get something, when you asked him to reach in his car to get something? he was looking for a reason to ? that man

cop opened fire at a gas station at that. with his ? aim I'm surprised he didn't blow everyone the ? up

while I don't see this as justified, I'll play devils advocate

he didn't ask him to reach in the car, he asked for ID & cop prolly assumed he'd have his ID in his pocket, so when he reached back in the car cop went 0-100 real quick

but I can see how the cop thought gun cuz I've been ridin & we'd have the strap between the seat (still not justified tho, unless you see a gun)

what's crazy is the cop could've asked for ID & dude could've reached in his pocket & the cop STILL would've shot him sayin he was reachin for a weapon smh

• zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    trillizm wrote: »
    why did he turn around & reach in the car? was the cop asking for his license & insurance? other than that im not turning my back to a cop who already has a gun drawn on me.

The cop asked for his license....he turned back to get it and cop panicked and shot and shot him
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »
    Well at least the cop was arrested. I'm going to go ahead and count that as a W for SC. It's probably the closest the state will get these days.
    I was just in Columbia last week. Jesus

What had you in Columbia, OB?

Was working out there

What type of work you do? @obnoxiouslyfresh

Accrediting police agencies

... Goin and hit that flame button smh

lol So I'm guessing this guy's agency got a frowny face right?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brian B. wrote: »
    Glad he was charged, and he should do time for it. Doesn't seem premeditated though. Seems like he saw him reach for something and panicked, thinking (no doubt because of racial stereotypes) that he was going for a gun.

how you gonna panic when a man reaches in his car to get something, when you asked him to reach in his car to get something? he was looking for a reason to ? that man

cop opened fire at a gas station at that. with his ? aim I'm surprised he didn't blow everyone the ? up

he didn't ask him to reach in the car, he asked for ID & cop prolly assumed he'd have his ID in his pocket, so when he reached back in the car cop went 0-100 real quick

but I can see how the cop thought gun cuz I've been ridin & we'd have the strap between the seat (still not justified tho, unless you see a gun)

what's crazy is the cop could've asked for ID & dude could've reached in his pocket & the cop STILL would've shot him sayin he was reachin for a weapon smh

The cop is justified in acting on a perceived threat, only insofar as there actually appears to be some imminent risk to his safety

The victim was unarmed in the end, so any claim of an alleged threat falls short of being true

The real question is what are the odds he walks
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    My car window doesn't roll down (its an asspile) so when I get pulled over I have to open my door to talk. My ? puckers every time I have to do it and I ain't even black.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    naw bruh.. i had the exact same thing happen to me before...cop asked for my license and when i reached for it, he pulled out on me....

but he didn't shoot...he just pulled out the gun and screamed get out the car, i immediately stopped and threw my hands up, and told him i was just reaching for my license......

after that he said go head and get it.. i said ? you, i ain't reaching for ? while you got a gun trained on me... you want it you reach for it......

as ? up as it sounds, i was lucky the cop didn't shoot, cuz my situation was damn near the same only i was still sitting in my car..
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    naw bruh.. i had the exact same thing happen to me before...cop asked for my license and when i reached for it, he pulled out on me....

but he didn't shoot...he just pulled out the gun and screamed get out the car, i immediately stopped and threw my hands up, and told him i was just reaching for my license......

after that he said go head and get it.. i said ? you, i ain't reaching for ? while you got a gun trained on me... you want it you reach for it......

as ? up as it sounds, i was lucky the cop didn't shoot, cuz my situation was damn near the same only i was still sitting in my car..

Wow......
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah but most cops
    foh, they all ain't ?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

See what i mean with the cooning.
    Idk if u are black, but when cops stop a person, and they ask a person to get something, and the person is reaching for the ? the cops ask for. the cops should tell u , and will you to get it slowly.
    The cop was just trigger happy.
    The cop had his gun out for a seatbelt violation.think about it.
    But u wanna play devils advocate?
    Stop it

He presented an argument from an opposing perspective and then refuted it by showing how absurd it would be applied to a scenario where the victim reached into his pocket

No need for the emotions
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Seems like they could push for attempted murder

He had his firearm ready, indicating premeditation, asked him to get out of the car and less than a full second later had already fired shots
    there was no attempt to use nonviolent means to defuse the situation

Any threat he alleges he perceived is one he created by first asking him to get his license and then failing to give the suspect enough time to respond to police orders

you know, I gotta be honest I after I saw the video I was gonna question why the man got out the car in the first place so that nixes that then I was gonna ask why he reached into his car but on second viewing I can the officer ask tell him" let me see your license please" then proceeds to shoot the ? out of him....so

yeah, this is just refuckingdiculous.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    It's Ob's fault.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    third viewing and I noticed the officer fired four shots with the last one sending dude reeling with his hands held high...(I dont even know he bothered probaly just natural reaction)..then yells "GET on the ground"?! like twice..okay. death penalty for this clown.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »

Idk if u are black, but when cops stop a person, and they ask a person to get something, and the person is reaching for the ? the cops ask for. the cops should tell u , and will you to get it slowly.
    Stop it

He presented an argument from an opposing perspective and then refuted it by showing how absurd it would be applied to a scenario where the victim reached into his pocket

No need for the emotions
    ? im black. No need for the emotions?
    grafted Cac ass, i need these emotions. this ? hits close to home, go run that played out white supremacist ? , on a ? .
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Stop it

if you read the whole post you'd see I agree the cop was trigger happy, despite playin devils advocate

& I've had cops draw down on me jus for walkin home cuz we had on hoodies & backpacks, so I kno how ? goes
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    rapmusic wrote: »
    This happened like 3 weeks ago. I guess they wanted to look at the video and all that before telling us what happened but people here were antsy. Witnesses told this story when it happened. Now the haters can't say ? .

Of course they can. They can say that he should have too d the officers 'I'm gonna reach into my car and get my license.' so that he wasn't spooked by him reaching in. They can and will say that being a cop is a hard job and how is the cop gonna know that he wasn't reaching for a gun?

Y'all gotta stop applying the rules of logic to illogical people. The people who want to blame black men for their own deaths at the hands of cops will ALWAYS find a way to justify police shootings.

You spot on with this bruh!

This is the 1st comment on the link posted:

Kathy Rodgers · Piedmont Technical College

He panicked thinking the guy was reaching for a weapon.Let ANYONE try the job--it's DANGEROUS and low pay.

And heres another one:

Joseph Nix · I/O for Ft. Bragg Schools at DoDEA Americas

Greg Joslyn When I get pulled over, I put both of my hands on the steering wheel so the cop has a full vantage view of what I'm doing. When he asks for articles, I let him know where I'm reaching, and move very deliberately. This action has gotten me out of several tickets just because it made the officer feel more secure

SMH
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    rapmusic wrote: »
    This happened like 3 weeks ago. I guess they wanted to look at the video and all that before telling us what happened but people here were antsy. Witnesses told this story when it happened. Now the haters can't say ? .

Of course they can. They can say that he should have too d the officers 'I'm gonna reach into my car and get my license.' so that he wasn't spooked by him reaching in. They can and will say that being a cop is a hard job and how is the cop gonna know that he wasn't reaching for a gun?

Y'all gotta stop applying the rules of logic to illogical people. The people who want to blame black men for their own deaths at the hands of cops will ALWAYS find a way to justify police shootings.

You spot on with this bruh!

This is the 1st comment on the link posted:

Kathy Rodgers · Piedmont Technical College

He panicked thinking the guy was reaching for a weapon.Let ANYONE try the job--it's DANGEROUS and low pay.

And heres another one:

Joseph Nix · I/O for Ft. Bragg Schools at DoDEA Americas

Greg Joslyn When I get pulled over, I put both of my hands on the steering wheel so the cop has a full vantage view of what I'm doing. When he asks for articles, I let him know where I'm reaching, and move very deliberately. This action has gotten me out of several tickets just because it made the officer feel more secure

SMH

Who didn't see this type of ? coming?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At the very least, the woman who got her face beat in on the side of the highway just got 1.5 mil and the officer quit. I guess that SOMETHING. SMH.
  • bossdon201
    bossdon201 Members Posts: 900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was almost moved to shed a tear at the way he was asking "why did you shoot me?" ? pig. He won't get any jail time and those evil crackers probably got a kick starter going somewhere in support of him and his family