Options

Comments

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »

This is like the sexiest thing a man can say to me. Jesus lawd

*gotta fan myself* :))

lol... bet u wont give up that Crown tho....
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The law calls it a "donation inter vivos". The ring is a movable and when he intentionally gives it to her with the intent for her own it and then delivered the ring over to the girl he no longer owned it. The girl became the new owner.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She gon come up off the ice and hand it over. ? that. Engagement off then the ring gotta come off too.
    If you get married its different. But you ? gonna run a soft juxx on a engagement ring??? Some of you chicks in here ain't ? . My girl try some ? like that she getting jumped.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    nd people wonder why ? dont want to get married.

but instead of looking at the ? ? chick put dudes thru...they blame it on "he doesnt know how to commit"

I mean...there are an unlimited number of circumstances that could explain why an engagement didn't culminate in a marriage. If it's just for typical reasons of incompatibility, the right thing for her to do is to return it. But if the wedding was called off because you had a 3some with 2 strippers at your Bachelor party...I would say that anything short of insisting she keep it is some scumbag ? .
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Crude_ wrote: »

This is like the sexiest thing a man can say to me. Jesus lawd

*gotta fan myself* :))

lol... bet u wont give up that Crown tho....

Uh I think i'm just gonna hold on to it.

It'll be like both ours...we can just keep it down at my house :))
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Sounds like some ? a broke ? would do yuck SMMFH. If yall aint together any more give it back to ? and move the ? on. Seems so petty to me SMMFH, if yall wanna hang on to hurt fine, stay miserable while a ? dipping with the new chick. Doesn't help nobody but reminds you of the old ? so in my eyes I still won if you can't let go.

powerful posting right chea
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depends on the circumstances. If we broke up on mutual terms, no cheating just irreconcilable differences, I'd let her keep the ring.

When I put it on her finger, I'm showing her how much I appreciate her, if we broke up, that respect is never gone.
  • count  remy
    count remy Members Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depends on the circumstances. It seems like the right thing to do is to give it back but, there comes a point where you'd give the person 10 rings to get the hell away from you forever....

What does society say... Smh
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    i recall taking a law class in college and the acceptance of the engagment ring is effectively entering into a contract.
    If the women calls off the engagement (breaking the contract) she has to return. If the gentleman breaks the engagement he doesnt have the right to ask for its return

sounds about right to me.

doesnt have the right?

why not because i changed my mind?

if thats the case then why should a chick who wants to leave get half my ? that i bought if the marriage does go thru? she changed her mind.

two different scenarios but same thing

marriage is a contract. Thats why you have to get a license, go to the courthouse and lawyers/judges are involved in the dissolution.

acceptance of an engagement ring is entering into a contract to get married. If a party decides to fulfill that commitment all claims to the ring are lost. Just like signing a lease. If you break the lease early you can lose your deposit based on the terms of the contract.

• Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Sounds like some ? a broke ? would do yuck SMMFH. If yall aint together any more give it back to ? and move the ? on. Seems so petty to me SMMFH, if yall wanna hang on to hurt fine, stay miserable while a ? dipping with the new chick. Doesn't help nobody but reminds you of the old ? so in my eyes I still won if you can't let go.

So he can ? up after wasting years of her time, and she can't even get a consolation prize?here take these hurt feelings instead. ? that. ? depreciates right? Well there's your payment for her lost value.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Honestly, the ring should be decided by the spouse that suffered from the marriage or whoever the divorce papers are served to.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    If she broke it off then yeah she should give it back.

If he broke it off he shouldn't expect anything back

#CoalitionWisdom
  • Westie
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    so we already blaming him....

blog-fish-jump.jpg

If she leaves without him doing anything wrong or cheats she should give it back. Otherwise imo it's her property so that's what my statements are referring to.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    See this thread the reason yall chick's gon have 4 engagement rings @ 45 and no wedding videos

Keep it or selling it?? Good grief

• Crude_
    Options
    This exactly part of the reason I don't care for the idea of material things as a measure of the lifetime commitment you are trying to make to a woman.

It becomes more about the material possession as opposed to what it means to actually have gotten it.

I'd rather put a rubber band on her finger as a promise to my commitment and present her with the ring on the day of marriage.
  • Crude_
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Folks worried about how many carats are in a ring instead of how to have a lasting marriage
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Anybody knows where @mryounggun‌ stays. I'm gonna shoot him in the face.
  • Westie
    Options
    yall always tryna hold on to ? ....then wonder why you can't never get rid of ? ...
    ouch..

Lacey-Chabert-Crying-Gif-In-Mean-Girls.gif
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO @ @Westie and @SixSickSins‌ keep them hoes and sell it.

What if it's like a ring passed down from generations?
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    To me it depends on the circumstances

If I broke it off or was the cause of the breakup. He can have it back cause I'm most likely over him and anything that has to so with him

Or if it's like a family heirloom ... I wouldn't want it

But if he's the cause of the breakup
    I'm selling it
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westie wrote: »
    yall always tryna hold on to ? ....then wonder why you can't never get rid of ? ...
    ouch..

Lacey-Chabert-Crying-Gif-In-Mean-Girls.gif

look i only say these things because i care