Steven Hawking says it's possible for life to come from nothing

Options

Comments

• MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe life is one big accident though.....how else do you explain people like this.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixAmvagQD9U

ITS CALLED SICKNESS AND DISEASE
  • Big James
    Big James Members Posts: 345 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kingblaze84 is easily one of most depressing ? I have ever come across. Ole "The glass is half empty." Ass ? .
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Big James wrote: »
    Kingblaze84 is easily one of most depressing ? I have ever come across. Ole "The glass is half empty." Ass ? .

Lol A lot of irony to this post, cuz I actually have a pretty great life, I watch the news a lot so maybe I'm too aware of the world to be religious

"Ignorance is bliss"--centuries old quote
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    the word of ? is proven true by it's principle being proven. to work but ? cannot be proven only his word. man made philosophy can have truths.but with the bible you can test it and see the actual results because it calls on you to actually do something.

abiogenesis does not guarantee evolution but according to science the process of evolution cannot start without it.

life from dust what does that sound like.
    There are differing theories of what causes evolution with Abiogenesis being the strongest but it hasn't been proven (yet). I'm saying that you are postulating that ? created everything, so why couldn't your ? initiate Evolution without any other process?
    he could have i just don't believe he did
    He couldn't just blink a organism into existence instead of it coming from nothing and kick started evolution? Why are you trying to separate your ? from the potential to do such a thing?
    @ the bolded i am not doing that i just don't believe that's how he did it
    Is it because you have no evidence of this? It's not even life coming from nothing as the OG poster indicated. It's the universe starting from nothing which predates even Abiogensis unless you consider any matter life.

i believe ? made the universe from his pure will power and intent.
    Dust is something. Steven Hawking is saying the Universe can come from nothing.

That is actually not what he is saying because literally nothing cannot exist, saying the universe came from nothing is a real oversimplication of what the man is saying because any force that can be defined or potentially measured is a "thing" even quantum fluctuations
    Regardless, you haven't offered proving facts that the bible has the truth about what started life and created the universe.
    i never attempted to do that i kept saying that the bible can be proven true in your life and that unlike self help books you can test it's word against ? in your life because ? changes how your mind perceives the book as you read it.

Any self help book can provide guidelines to live that can be tested. You can get a workout book ant test your endurance. Or get a good cookbook and test your culinary skills. That does not make them the authority of the perfect workout and he best ever meal. The bible is taking that leap to say that it is the only solution to every manner of living. Other holy books have offered other solutions that people use to guide their life too. Some don't include deities.

There are other religions so there are other holy books there is not denying that and they present other solutions there may be other solutions to problems but some solutions are better than others. There is no real self help in the bible all help comes from ? ,but the bible advises us to work.

Evidence? This are the sort of Quotes that go well beyond the support of a historical record of a particular tribe. At this point, you leap towards, cause i believe it cause the bible tells me so. I can't get with that. You probably gonna tell me everything needs evidence in a book right? No other book but a religious one is asking you to adapt your entire way of being and submit to the will of the word of man (prove that it's the word of ? ) and forgo all attempts at an valid explanation. If you are speaking metaphorically about what the word is, expand on that. Also, when i look at a book and they claim something, i say hmm, that was interesting. The words can only shine when their are applied, but can only accept what's applied and i'm not jumping conclusions saying, now that i learned plumping, i can part an ocean.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Steven Hawking Just Mad He Built Like A Bent Wire Hanger
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the word of ? is proven true by it's principle being proven. to work but ? cannot be proven only his word. man made philosophy can have truths.but with the bible you can test it and see the actual results because it calls on you to actually do something.

abiogenesis does not guarantee evolution but according to science the process of evolution cannot start without it.

There are differing theories of what causes evolution with Abiogenesis being the strongest but it hasn't been proven (yet). I'm saying that you are postulating that ? created everything, so why couldn't your ? initiate Evolution without any other process?
    He couldn't just blink a organism into existence instead of it coming from nothing and kick started evolution? Why are you trying to separate your ? from the potential to do such a thing?
    Is it because you have no evidence of this? It's not even life coming from nothing as the OG poster indicated. It's the universe starting from nothing which predates even Abiogensis unless you consider any matter life.

That is actually not what he is saying because literally nothing cannot exist, saying the universe came from nothing is a real oversimplication of what the man is saying because any force that can be defined or potentially measured is a "thing" even quantum fluctuations
    Regardless, you haven't offered proving facts that the bible has the truth about what started life and created the universe.
    i never attempted to do that i kept saying that the bible can be proven true in your life and that unlike self help books you can test it's word against ? in your life because ? changes how your mind perceives the book as you read it.

Any self help book can provide guidelines to live that can be tested. You can get a workout book ant test your endurance. Or get a good cookbook and test your culinary skills. That does not make them the authority of the perfect workout and he best ever meal. The bible is taking that leap to say that it is the only solution to every manner of living. Other holy books have offered other solutions that people use to guide their life too. Some don't include deities.

There are other religions so there are other holy books there is not denying that and they present other solutions there may be other solutions to problems but some solutions are better than others. There is no real self help in the bible all help comes from ? ,but the bible advises us to work.

Evidence? This are the sort of Quotes that go well beyond the support of a historical record of a particular tribe. At this point, you leap towards, cause i believe it cause the bible tells me so. I can't get with that. You probably gonna tell me everything needs evidence in a book right? No other book but a religious one is asking you to adapt your entire way of being and submit to the will of the word of man (prove that it's the word of ? ) and forgo all attempts at an valid explanation. If you are speaking metaphorically about what the word is, expand on that. Also, when i look at a book and they claim something, i say hmm, that was interesting. The words can only shine when their are applied, but can only accept what's applied and i'm not jumping conclusions saying, now that i learned plumping, i can part an ocean.

I was not talking about historical evidence and did i not already tell you that no one can prove ? ?? there is no objective proof of ? nor can there be because the attributes of the ? as described in the bible prohibits it

i believe it not just because it is written but because like i have been trying to tell you you can personally test to see if the promises of the ? of the bible are true , all you have to do is read the bible understand what it says you have to actually do it to see it.

what do you mean @ the bolded we don't have to forego any explanation i don't get were you are coming from with that.
  • zombie
    Options

Lol A lot of irony to this post, cuz I actually have a pretty great life, I watch the news a lot so maybe I'm too aware of the world to be religious

i watch the news alot and it only make me more religious.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited October 2014
    Options

I was not talking about historical evidence and did i not already tell you that no one can prove ? ?? there is no objective proof of ? nor can there be because the attributes of the ? as described in the bible prohibits it

i believe it not just because it is written but because like i have been trying to tell you you can personally test to see if the promises of the ? of the bible are true , all you have to do is read the bible understand what it says you have to actually do it to see it.

what do you mean @ the bolded we don't have to forego any explanation i don't get were you are coming from with that.

There is no other evidence in that book that matters other then historical. Feels don't count. Everything else is a lesson from the elders on how to be a contributing member of the Christian society. That in itself is not evidence. You believe that that the words are wise, but you are reaching as far as anyone when you jump to the conclusion that the words belong to ? as if cunning men did not enter those words and you cosign their assurance that they saw something which anyone can claim. You are a doing what any man can do and you are equating it to something reachingly. I'm not sure what it is that you are doing in the Bible that hasn't been done for a 1000 years before people decided to say it was ? 's doing.

Basically men in the bible said it was so and you believe them because they predicted the obvious. You forgo evidence when you say the word comes from something higher and you can't prove what that higher power is or that the occurrence occurred. Basically at this point, you are guessing and it is a guess with far too much involved to paint it as a fact. Part of what's involved is coercion and indoctrination on the familial and societal level. The description i speak of is the description of your deities efforts according to the words of the bible. I'm not talking about whether it's blue, but whether the events in question that inspired the word occurred. Not just historical, but the grandiose claims of speaking and hearing the word and knowing what to transcribe as the commandments. If you tell me wise men came up with it and it sounded good, i would give you a pass. It's easy to say something is true when you say you don't require evidence even though a physical book is purporting it as actual or else.
  • zombie
    Options

There is no other evidence in that book that matters other then historical Feels don't count. Everything else is a lesson from the elders on how to be a contributing member of the Christian society. That in itself is not evidence.
    THE word of ? as i am trying to tell you is not just about following the societal laws given by the bible

You believe that that the words are wise, but you are reaching as far as anyone when you jump to the conclusion that the words belong to ? as if cunning men did not enter those words and you cosign their assurance that they saw something which anyone can claim. You are a doing what any man can do and you are equating it to something reachingly. I'm not sure what it is that you are doing in the Bible that hasn't been done for a 1000 years before people decided to say it was ? 's doing.

Basically men in the bible said it was so and you believe them because they predicted the obvious. You forgo evidence when you say the word comes from something higher and you can't prove what that higher power is or that the occurrence occurred. Basically at this point, you are guessing and it is a guess with far too much involved to paint it as a fact. Part of what's involved is coercion and indoctrination on the familial and societal level. The description i speak of is the description of your deities efforts according to the words of the bible. I'm not talking about whether it's blue, but whether the events in question that inspired the word occurred. Not just historical, but the grandiose claims of speaking and hearing the word and knowing what to transcribe as the commandments. If you tell me wise men came up with it and it sounded good, i would give you a pass. It's easy to say something is true when you say you don't require evidence even though a physical book is purporting it as actual or else.

what evidence am i forgoing?? the so called evidence on how the universe came to be is not evidence of a ? thing all they have is theories. what i believe did not come coercion or indoctrincation i was never dragged to church growing up. I know the words did not come from man only through man because i can test those words by having a relationship with the ? behind them.

you think it's just wise words written down by man, i know otherwise because the words talk about ? and when you test what it says about ? you come to see ? . if you still do not understand then i cannot help you.
  • zombie
    Options
    i cannot explain color to the blind or sound to the deaf and it's a similar with the experience of ? .

the bible is a gateway to ? .
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited October 2014
    Options

There is no other evidence in that book that matters other then historical Feels don't count. Everything else is a lesson from the elders on how to be a contributing member of the Christian society. That in itself is not evidence.
    THE word of ? as i am trying to tell you is not just about following the societal laws given by the bible

You believe that that the words are wise, but you are reaching as far as anyone when you jump to the conclusion that the words belong to ? as if cunning men did not enter those words and you cosign their assurance that they saw something which anyone can claim. You are a doing what any man can do and you are equating it to something reachingly. I'm not sure what it is that you are doing in the Bible that hasn't been done for a 1000 years before people decided to say it was ? 's doing.

what evidence am i forgoing?? the so called evidence on how the universe came to be is not evidence of a ? thing all they have is theories. what i believe did not come coercion or indoctrincation i was never dragged to church growing up. I know the words did not come from man only through man because i can test those words by having a relationship with the ? behind them.

you think it's just wise words written down by man, i know otherwise because the words talk about ? and when you test what it says about ? you come to see ? . if you still do not understand then i cannot help you.

Lmao. Don't get emotional. That's the exact evidence i'm speaking on and what you are testing is not evidence of ? . It is evidence of your own leap to conclusions after doing the dishes and thanking ? for giving you the fortitude to finish the job. You may think you escaped indoctrination, but your words scream otherwise. It doesn't just occur in a church, Christians pump their faith everywhere non stop. What you can't teach is knowledge you don't have, which is evidence of the existence of your deity outside of your own so called relationship which is speculative.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif
  • zombie
    Options
    @FuriousOne

my relationship with ? is not speculative if someone tells me water is wet and i then choose to put my hands in the sea am i wrong for concluding that water is wet? no it's the same way with ? . i don't have to guess that ? exists i know he does because like i said i am able to test his word as it relates to my life and the lives of others and i am not talking about the societal laws and proverbs in the bible but they do play a part in it, i am talking about what it directly says about an individuals relationship or lack thereof with his creator if you don't understand that then i am sorry for you, you are missing an ear, eye and tongue

The conculsions i have come to about the existence of ? were made on my own and no one convinced me of anything i took it upon myself to read the bible and grow into my faith and you saying otherwise is offensive and arrogant, just because i am saying what some other christains have said does not mean i was indoctrinated it simply means that me and many other people have came to the same conclusions.

what religions teach are methods for you to find evidence of ? on your own i have the knowledge on how to find ? for myself.
  • zombie
    Options

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

i see everything ? promised happening everyday especially when i see or read news about the middle east
  • kingblaze84
    Options

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

i see everything ? promised happening everyday especially when i see or read news about the middle east

Ok that's fine if you've reached that conclusion, the news there is rarely good though so doesn't that contradict how the Bible ? talked all that rah rah ? before? What's going on
  • zombie
    Options

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

Ok that's fine if you've reached that conclusion, the news there is rarely good though so doesn't that contradict how the Bible ? talked all that rah rah ? before? What's going on

no because the story is not over yet
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2014
    Options

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

So more Christians in the Middle East have to be killed off, ? , and get their heads chopped off right. All part of the Bible ? 's plan, fascinating

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif
  • zombie
    Options

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

So more Christians in the Middle East have to be killed off, ? , and get their heads chopped off right. All part of the Bible ? 's plan, fascinating

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

pain and suffering is actually part of the religion, if it is the goal of christians to live like he did it means suffering the suffering is not part of his plan but it's part of what ? knows is going to happen.

why are you so afraid of death,pain and suffering these things are part of life
  • kingblaze84
    Options

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

pain and suffering is actually part of the religion, if it is the goal of christians to live like he did it means suffering the suffering is not part of his plan but it's part of what ? knows is going to happen.

You're more afraid of death, pain and suffering then anybody else here, aren't you the same person that wants a total war against ISIS and an American empire in the Middle East? Seems you're the paranoid and afraid one. Don't be a hypocrite now.
  • zombie
    edited October 2014
    Options

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

You're more afraid of death, pain and suffering then anybody else here, aren't you the same person that wants a total war against ISIS and an American empire in the Middle East? Seems you're the paranoid and afraid one. Don't be a hypocrite now.

how does me wanting war equal me being afraid of death war is death?? you can all me paranoid fine but not of dying is the spread of islam by force i would like to stop because people being forced to convert to another religion is worse than dying.

fear has you so ? up you doubt having children you are going to be a genetic failure if you continue with your fuckery.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2014
    Options

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

how does me wanting war equal me being afraid of death war is death?? you can all me paranoid fine but not of dying is the spread of islam by force i would like to stop because people being forced to convert to another religion is worse than dying.

fear has you so ? up you doubt having children you are going to be a genetic failure if you continue with your fuckery.

LOL okay but you obviously do not want to experience the PAIN and SUFFERING of being forced to convert to a religion you don't like, so you fear things just like everybody else.

Whether I have kids or not in this world, I'll never be a genetic failure because I've helped the lives of countless people around me. That's a success story on its own. Being a parent doesn't make one an immediate success story, people raise ? up kids all the time. Some people even hate their kids.
  • zombie
    Options

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

LOL okay but you obviously do not want to experience the PAIN and SUFFERING of being forced to convert to a religion you don't like, so you fear things just like everybody else.

Whether I have kids or not in this world, I'll never be a genetic failure because I've helped the lives of countless people around me. That's a success story on its own. Being a parent doesn't make one an immediate success story, people raise ? up kids all the time. Some people even hate their kids.

you seem to have misunderstood me it's not ME being forced to convert that i fear that will never happen i would die first, it's other people being forced and children being forced that i fear. I am a human being we all have fears but i am not scared of life like you are. Part of life is suffering experiencing it yourself and seeing it in others and of course death.

all organism seek to pass on their genetic material to the next generation of their species if your let fear of the future stop you then by definition you are a failure. helping people is great but unless you make children you are a genetic failure. The person who hates their kids still made them so they won regardless their genetic material made it into the next generation and yours did not.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2014
    Options

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

you seem to have misunderstood me it's not ME being forced to convert that i fear that will never happen i would die first, it's other people being forced and children being forced that i fear. I am a human being we all have fears but i am not scared of life like you are. Part of life is suffering experiencing it yourself and seeing it in others and of course death.

all organism seek to pass on their genetic material to the next generation of their species if your let fear of the future stop you then by definition you are a failure. helping people is great but unless you make children you are a genetic failure. The person who hates their kids still made them so they won regardless their genetic material made it into the next generation and yours did not.

I disagree. Is someone like Wilt Chamberlain a genetic failure? He's changed the world around him and communities around him and he never had kids. Same with Oprah and tons of other people out there, George Clooney, etc. I highly doubt these people are considered failures. I'm not on that kind of level of success of course but everyone around me knows I've done my part. Either way not everybody wants to have kids, one way or another, it's beyond how the world is (I also don't want the stress). I'd have a stepkid or two though if the mom is rich as hell (and is banging)
  • zombie
    Options

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

I disagree. Is someone like Wilt Chamberlain a genetic failure? He's changed the world around him and communities around him and he never had kids. Same with Oprah and tons of other people out there, George Clooney, etc. I highly doubt these people are considered failures. I'm not on that kind of level of success of course but everyone around me knows I've done my part. Either way not everybody wants to have kids, one way or another, it's beyond how the world is (I also don't want the stress). I'd have a stepkid or two though if the mom is rich as hell (and is banging)

If wilt chamberlain never had any children then yes he was a genetic failure him changing the world is nice but his genetic material was never passed on so strictly speaking he is a genetic failure. You can be rich smart strong and good looking but if your genes do not pass on to the next generation you failed as an organism.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2014
    Options

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

If wilt chamberlain never had any children then yes he was a genetic failure him changing the world is nice but his genetic material was never passed on so strictly speaking he is a genetic failure. You can be rich smart strong and good looking but if your genes do not pass on to the next generation you failed as an organism.

LOL oh well. If 2pac, The Buddha, George Clooney, Wilt Chamberlain, Derek Jeter, and Oprah are all genetic failures, I'm in great company. If being a genetic failure means a great night sleep every night, I'll take it! In the words of 2pac, ? THE WORLD, I could care less about spreading my seeds in a world as ? up as this one. I'll continue my life of hedonism, and you can change ALLLL the diapers you wanna change.

Enjoy!

2013-06-2114_23_50_original.gif?1371842743