Ask ThatDamnJay Anything: Don't Ban Me Bro Edition

Options

Comments

• _Jay_
    _Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    What's the point of naming someone to mod a specific room (because they're all qualified and yadda x2) when these sensitive fruitcake(s) can go in other rooms and do whatever they want?

In short, if a poster is 'qualified' and appointed to do a specific job, can't they just do it and not overstep?

Or is it impossible for a mod to only be a mod in 1 room?!

y'all don't see it but the mods have certain rules and aren't supposed to step on each others' toes...i.e. wreaking havoc in each others' rooms. for the most part, they abide by those rules.

• OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love you Chuck but stay away from my Phantom Zone

"Lets make him a mod" -Jay
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    where do you hide your cp on your computer?
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ThatDamnJay‌ can you make it so I can get the Reason back? I accidentally hid it like a year ago and I can only enter it through my reactions

cs, removed GnS a year back.. jamel tried to fix it for me ? didnt work

these mods are very good at their job
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Sanchez wrote: »
    There should be no donkey and gns mod. You can't combine the two. THE gns posters are ? skiddish and emotionally fragile. You talk about how it used to be when donkey was this and that. Im sure it didnt get that way with mods being oversensitive n ? . Today a beef thread was deleted because yo gns mods and powder room mods thought it was too real. How tf else is this ? supposed to entertaining if aint seem real. The most that happened was dizz posting a SS of a msg that was never sent. But yo mods freaked out deleted the thread and banned TS and Breed. Why tf we got a powder room.mod in donkey talmbout ohh thats too much. Look what yo chosen Donkey mods did throughout the whole ordeal make ? jokes while giggling like ? hyenas

gotdamn this real as ? nh

u emotional ?

Don't imagine me
    Him!
    Us
    Or <<<<<<<<^^^^^^^>>>>>> them
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @ThatDamnJay

Bruh, are we ever gonna go back to mods only being able to mod certain sections and super mods can mod any? I mean, I know you see countless complaints about mods who are only supposed to be in one section ? with other sections all the time. They usually don't even mod ? that needs to be modded any damn way. It's usually because they have caught feelings elsewhere.

No offense to anyone but mods like misssouthern and queengivebiz modding ? in the donkey or the reason is hilarious. I think you get the point here. Forums would be a lot better on here if you put this ? back in. Some of these people you gave a mod position are emotionally unstable and it effects the way they mod the forums. The people clearly want this. Level headed mods like sion and lyrical bandit should only have the power to mod every forum.

I think the people will agree with this for the most part.
    gns wrote: »
    What's the point of naming someone to mod a specific room (because they're all qualified and yadda x2) when these sensitive fruitcake(s) can go in other rooms and do whatever they want?

In short, if a poster is 'qualified' and appointed to do a specific job, can't they just do it and not overstep?

Or is it impossible for a mod to only be a mod in 1 room?!

y'all don't see it but the mods have certain rules and aren't supposed to step on each others' toes...i.e. wreaking havoc in each others' rooms. for the most part, they abide by those rules.
    No sign brotha. Ever since you became an admin you have been paying attention to us regular folks little by little over the years. Some have been doing exactly what you said they don't do. People have been complaining constantly, even people who don't really be tripping off ? that much(such as myself).

There's one mod on here who follows me around all the time. Simply because I made a statement about him loving overweight women like a year ago. For some strange reason this has enraged him. It has caused him to edit my post that didn't need to be edited in several forums outside his own forum. Mods stepping on each others territory happens everyday B.

I can honestly say that most of my post have been ? with by mods who are not even supposed to be modding the section. And I don't even feel like talking about the bias smh. I see all kinds of sticky threads and forum of fame threads that shouldn't even be there.
  • _Jay_
    _Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
    ^^ it's better with the mods being able to help each others' sections out, as long as no one steps on any others' toes. Hate that u don't see it that way, but it is. for every particular mod that YOU like, there's other ppl complaining about that same mod, and that's how it's always been, period.

will we get to a point where 1 mod only mods 1 section again? depends on the platform we're on. so, for now, no. in the future, we'll see.
  • thatboydizz
    thatboydizz Members Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ibex wrote: »
    @ThatDamnJay‌ Where do you see the IC ten years from now? Do you have a vision of things you want to implement and how far you want to take it?

I want it to be as accessible and as second-nature as twitta and FB actually...I wanna see us larger, and at the same time, more close-knit, on some community ?

my vision alone won't take us there, so I look at outside sources...my vision is kinda focused on the tech/platform side of things, but as far as the actual community involvement...I've gotta look outside of myself for that kinda input...that's why things like the IC Appreciation threads, Dizz's "production" threads (what I call em), the Tinychats, fantasy football clubs, etc., mass pm's ala "Boom Boom Rooms", are so important IMO.

^ just a few years ago, it was rare that ppl talked to each other outside of threads and pm's...we got whole communities springing up from within the community nowadays...which is kinda dope.

This the type of post you raise a toast to. Thanks jay. It really means a lot. This website will be in good hands when you finally step down and retire and I take your position.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    ^^ it's better with the mods being able to help each others' sections out, as long as no one steps on any others' toes. Hate that u don't see it that way, but it is. for every particular mod that YOU like, there's other ppl complaining about that same mod, and that's how it's always been, period.

will we get to a point where 1 mod only mods 1 section again? depends on the platform we're on. so, for now, no. in the future, we'll see.
    tumblr_m5uoyl5CGM1rtiapso1_400.gif
    Brother, how many good law abiding long time posters are gonna have to tell you the same thing before you listen? You have told several respectable I.C vets the same thing and they all have told you no, it's not working. Hardly anyone here said they like this ? . Is this decision based on the admins, or is it based on all the people who make up these forums? Or is it just that these forums we on now don't have this feature? Well, if you want to see what the people really think. Why don't you make an official poll in all the forums asking if we want this feature back. Make it anonymous, and anonymous to the mods as well. That way people will vote the way they actually feel without certain mods catching feelings and swaying their votes.

What really needs to change over all the other ? is the power to ban. A handful of TRUSTED mods should only have the power to ban, like on the old I.C. Banning people multiple times just because they caught feelings should result in them losing their position or being banned themselves. What's the point of appointing mods for certain sections anymore when they can mod anywhere they please? Add in the simple fact that they usually don't actually mod ? that needs modding anyway. They mod off of feelings. I think you seriously need to start paying a bit more attention to certain(not all) mods on here.

Now you are right about how somebody is always gonna have a problem with a mod. But there is some that most posters will mostly agree ? suck! They don't "mod" they just throw their weight around. They like that one punk ass supervisor who always be doing to much, but sucks at supervising. I'm sure you get complaints from multiple posters on certain mods way more than others, keep it real bruh. I'm completely unbiased and I'm just calling ? like it is. Limit they power or some of these ? got to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! They ? up the I.C experience!!
    tumblr_m6icyve23K1rq80m7o1_500.gif

@MsSouthern
    LOL no feelings here, it's the ugly truth that you don't want to hear. If anybody deserves feelings it's you for not liking the truth. ? you doing modding donkey when there's already like 3 mods doing it? ? is a wrestling room mod doing in the reason locking threads, editing threads/post that don't need to be edited/locked. There's already like 4 active mods in there that are on at all times. I don't think them brothas need anymore help.

Now you aint never ? with me on here before but I've seen you ? with others plenty of times. I've seen you show bias and even give out bans just because you caught feelings. I've seen you in sections outside your own ? with ? that didn't need to be ? with. You always acting like somebody crying when people are simply expressing themselves like I'm doing now. YOU ARE A FORUM JANITOR/MAID! Janitors/maids are given the task to keep the place nice and neat. Although they have the keys to enter anywhere they please. They only use them when it's needed to fulfill their duties. You(and certain other mods) are not the boss of the forums!!

#positiveR.N.S
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    donkey doesnt need to have a mod
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It actually does. But a mod who checks their feelings at the door. If you don't have thick skin, you shouldn't be modding donkey. Lol
  • Strokenoff
    Strokenoff Members Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Make ChrisGamble the donkey mod

05+hoover+street+chris+bosh.gif

I'm official
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm official

You get bullied on here too much
  • Strokenoff
    Strokenoff Members Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I got styles and skin thicker than crocadiles"
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @‌ThatDamnJay

I WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A MOD SPOT.. OR LET ME PAY TO BE A MOD FOR A WEEK... 20$ FOR 1 WEEK... WHATS UP?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    DRO_BANKS wrote: »
    @‌ThatDamnJay

I WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A MOD SPOT.. OR LET ME PAY TO BE A MOD FOR A WEEK... 20$ FOR 1 WEEK... WHATS UP?

@ThatDamnJay‌

I'll pay $50 for a year.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    @‌ThatDamnJay

@ThatDamnJay‌

I'll pay $50 for a year.

I DEAL IS BETTER...SIT DOWN CLOWN
  • deadeye
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @‌ThatDamnJay

@ThatDamnJay‌

I'll pay $50 for a year.

Ok...$100 for 5 years.

• MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Look at all the words

But he's not in his feelings ....

Apparently I am

Lolololololol
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm official

tumblr_nc4aptKELO1smzthio3_400.jpg

• deadeye
    Options
    @‌ThatDamnJay

@ThatDamnJay‌

I'll pay $50 for a year.

Ok...$100 for 5 years and Ill throw in my mommas vaginal walls for 10 min.

? whoever edited this post.

Probably @Parallel‌
This discussion has been closed.