The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    I got new Orleans in da playoffs but real spit ill be surprised if Eric Gordon is 100% bruh

Lmao @ Eric Gordon and 100% in the same sentence. The reason why I don't think New Orleans makes the playoffs has nothing to do with their talent. I think they get beat up in the division. Dallas, Memphis, San Antonio, Houston>NO. Plus their backcourt still wack
    Nuggets ain't making the playoffs. 10 seed at best

Agreed. I don't get the Nuggets hype. Again it's not because I think they're wack, it's because I don't see them being better than the top 8 last year, Phoenix or New Orleans. Also as much as I love Faried's game and his hustle he got overhyped because of Fiba. He's still basically a hustle man with weaknesses. If he's on a good team though he shines because he can do all the ? work
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah everybody I know that knows ball knows AD will soon be the face of the league.

But as far as them emerging in the West imo isn't likely.

They'll get better no doubt because AD is a game changer defensively and his offense is only getting better.

You legit got 9 teams that will no doubt fight for spots until April for seeding.

Spurs
    Rockets
    Warriors
    Mavs
    Clips
    Suns
    Thunder
    Blazers
    Grizzles

(this is not in order)

Suns were 9th and they won damn near 60% of they games.

It'll be tough bruh

Trailblazers are a fluke. They lived and die by the three ball and almost NONE of their starters were injuired. They not repeating what they did last year.

Rockets don't have enough depth, and I predict dysfunction with the team. Won't be surprised if Kevin McHale be on the hot seat.

The Grizzles front court age is creeping on them.

The Suns are a fluke. Most them ? were playing on a contract year, and if statistic wise your game go from avg, to avg, to amazing then that spells fluke. Dragic is not a surprise, nor the rest of their team. They will be taken serious and advantage of now. No way they live up to what they did.

The Mavs are fools gold. We don't know what Chandler has left, and at best he is not what he once was. The are relying on old vets and a injury to their starting line up will ? them up.

Nuggets are filled with B and C + players. Not enough talent

Thunder will struggle for two months which will mess up their chemistry once KD returns.None of their bench steps up and forces KD or Westbrook to bail them out in dire situations.

Warriors is a mystery with a new coach, and I'm waiting to see if Curry can withstand health

Only two teams I see being for real FOR SURE is the Spurs and Clippers.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You had one knick fan who thought rondo would be a good fit in the triangle cuz 'he has a high bball iq' despite the fact rondo can't shoot and the triangle requires pg's to play off the ball

Another thinks marc gasol is overrated despite the fact gasol would be perfect in the triangle and prefers robin lopez.? ?

I hate the whole "his value goes beyond stats quote" but after last year thats Gasol and I don't ever want to hear he's overrated again. That team played like a completely different squad when he came back
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The NBA is based on potential.. Knowing that thugs shouldn't even be a discussion.

Kawhi, without a single play called for him has shown he can take over. And he plays defense really well.

Y'all remember that timely block on Russ? Yeah me too. What about forcing Bron (the efficiency king) to turn that ? 9 times?

He'll get paid. Faried just got 50/4.

Pop say he can play then that ? can play.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thugs? I ain't never used that word in my life stupid ass phone.

This****
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    I got new Orleans in da playoffs but real spit ill be surprised if Eric Gordon is 100% bruh

Lmao @ Eric Gordon and 100% in the same sentence. The reason why I don't think New Orleans makes the playoffs has nothing to do with their talent. I think they get beat up in the division. Dallas, Memphis, San Antonio, Houston>NO. Plus their backcourt still wack
    Nuggets ain't making the playoffs. 10 seed at best

Agreed. I don't get the Nuggets hype. Again it's not because I think they're wack, it's because I don't see them being better than the top 8 last year, Phoenix or New Orleans. Also as much as I love Faried's game and his hustle he got overhyped because of Fiba. He's still basically a hustle man with weaknesses. If he's on a good team though he shines because he can do all the ? work

Name me y'all starting line up bruh. And what y'all bench looking like? And good luck with Ariza "I only play for contract year" ass. Y'all actually declined bruh. Lost a decent young sf , a really good back up C. I'm curious to see how y'all respond especially how Harden claiming that "him and Dwight is only what matters, everyone else is expendable". ? like that don't sit well in the locker room. Them ? need to humble themselves and become better leaders.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @silverfoxx what dysfunction you talking about
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pelicans not making the playoffs ? ...get over it
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ion think no backcourt wack AT ALL, its gon be tough for em but i can see everyone in their division makin it

and nuggets are 10 deep at least, they got plenty talent
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ion think no backcourt wack AT ALL, its gon be tough for em but i can see everyone in their division makin it

and nuggets are 10 deep at least, they got plenty talent

"Wear em down, wear em out"
    "1st qtr legs in the 4th qtr"

That's what Shaw has been preaching. He's gonna mix it up. Like he's seriously talking about cutting minutes top to bottom. The strategy will emphasize depth. So many of them will be on 20 minute restrictions for a while anyway because they're returning from serious injury.

My hope is just 42-45 wins but even that will be very hard to come by, esp. w/ so many new pieces being added or re-introduced. I just don't wanna be at or below .500.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thugs? I ain't never used that word in my life stupid ass phone.

This****

? got a racist ass phone
  • RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jordan 1-On-1: Speaks On Challenging LeBron James In The Eastern Conference, Rebranding The Franchise & Building His Own Big 3!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vC5CY3Y5XQ
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People are sleeping on Denver like a few people posted earlier.
    They have a real home court advantage with the altitude and they are a very deep team. If Shaw is a solid coach they should be very competitive this season barring lots of injuries.

New Orleans is also going to be solid like many have stated barring injuries.

I'm Not hating on Houston or Portland but both teams aren't that deep and Houston lost important guys in Parsons who was another ball handler and Lin who was a spark plug of the bench unit. Ariza is a good player but they are gonna miss Parsons helping create for the offense.

The west is gonna be tough like usual. Sometimes I wish they would just take the best 16 teams period for the playoffs and stop east and west.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New York & Chicago

who else play tonight?
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    New York & Chicago

who else play tonight?

Go SPURS Go!!!!!

Dallas
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bulls and Knicks play tomorrow night, mavs @ spurs tonight, then rockets @ lakers on TNT
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Barkley says hes leaving TNT in 2 yrs when his contract ends
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    New York & Chicago

who else play tonight?

Lol they don't even play tonight. Come on bruh lol.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New York & Chicago

who else play tonight?

Lol they don't even play tonight. Come on bruh lol.

Damn I'm tripping. I'm really waiting for our match up against Cleveland this Friday
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pelicans and magic play tonight too lol.

But ? that the squad about to do work tonight!
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Houston has no bench, Jason Terry is washed.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HustleTX wrote: »
    Pelicans and magic play tonight too lol.

But ? that the squad about to do work tonight!

Yesssir, it's gameday...We going to surprise some people sleeping on us this year
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @HustleTX put that avi on the line fam.

Lin going off for a robust 14 & 8.
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah everybody I know that knows ball knows AD will soon be the face of the league.

But as far as them emerging in the West imo isn't likely.

They'll get better no doubt because AD is a game changer defensively and his offense is only getting better.

You legit got 9 teams that will no doubt fight for spots until April for seeding.

Spurs
    Rockets
    Warriors
    Mavs
    Clips
    Suns
    Thunder
    Blazers
    Grizzles

(this is not in order)

Suns were 9th and they won damn near 60% of they games.

It'll be tough bruh

you know the pelicans and davis have arrived cuz he received his lazy black name.
    as soon as ? like a player they find the laziest and shortest way possible to refer to them