Dad Puts 10-Year-Old Daughter on Blast For Lying About Her Age

Options
Young_Chitlin
Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
By Hilary crosley

A 10-year-old girl was masquerading as a full-on teenager until her father found out and crafted a special punishment — an age appropriate outfit including a pink t-shirt that screams "I'm 10 Years Old."

According to Kevin Jones' Facebook post, he caught his daughter pretending to be years older than she actually is, running a number of secret social media accounts and dating a boy (!!!), all of which are against his house rules. In response, Jones decided to not only make his daughter dress her age with barrettes and a kiddie cartoon backpack. He also put her sartorial punishment on social media so all of her friends and strangers could see her new look. And, thanks to Facebook, his daughter's humiliation quickly becamevery public; as of Tuesday afternoon, more than a quarter million people have "liked" his post.

https://m.facebook.com/kevin.jones.1447342/posts/10202791646012143

Comments

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She's tall for her age (unless that camera angle is just low) so maybe people are treating her like she's older than she really is. Kind of like how we are unconsciously nicer to smaller women than we are larger ones *shrug*

Either way like dude said he didnt go overboard. Happens more often than not. We all wanted to be older than we really were when we were younger. He did his job as a parent punishing her...just life really. Not a huge deal. Just back in the day ? like this didnt make it to the WWW.
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Im tired of this "ON BLAST" ? .. because its a thing now

yeah she is big for her age.. he should have sat her down and gave her a REAL ass talking to without the eyes of Social Media.. but in a way i can see why he did it however... like it said it is a THING that annoys me
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Strokenoff
    Strokenoff Members Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you think that girl is older than 12 then u wanna believe it
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

pretty tame, yet effective punishment that didnt go above the call of duty like most methods parents do in situations like this...

Word. He didn't beat the ? outta her like these ? ass parents boxing their kids teenaged kids on camera. And she's still at a young enough age where this ? might work and NOT just cause bigger problems at school. I mean...not how I would have handled it. But I got little to no issue with this.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parental Excellence...On Side Note Tho That Child Got Some Big Ass Feet
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great! Black parental excellence at work
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great! Black parental excellence at work

Uh what? That isn't stopping ? . Were you a kid? Lets be real, moms didn't want me smoking weed but I was always out the house, rolling with my peeps and getting high as ? in a MPV van

In other words, shorty is going to do what the hell she wants to do and its going to take more than a ? tshirt to stop her. Wants in the bookbag? The change of outfit my ? ...kids aren't dumb.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? got a 5'9 ten year old....they some monstars
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options

yeah she is big for her age.. he should have sat her down and gave her a REAL ass talking to without the eyes of Social Media.. but in a way i can see why he did it however... like it said it is a THING that annoys me

I agree, putting this ? out in public just let's the world know business you don't want them to know.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, I don't like this black parenting trend of doing elaborate humiliating punishments and bragging about that ? on Facebook or Worldstar. That ? is ratchet and egotistical imo.
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm sure he did that BEFORE things got to that point. As was stated, her having a Facebook account and dating were against the rules of the house, so the child had to be aware of it. She just decided that she was going to do what she wanted, and this was the end result.

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.

Would I have done what he did? Probably not. But I'm not going to call the man wrong for actually doing his job as a father and trying to rein his daughter in, when it seems she's already getting out of pocket.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too late now. She prob already addicted to the attention. She bout to creep with some sick muhfuckas smh.
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Back in the day she woulda caught a huge ass whoooin. She lucky