What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Wiz Khalifa Says He Wants To Shake His Stoner Stigma

RickyRichRickyRich Posts: 13,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
Wiz Khalifa says he's happy for Mac Miller's recent signing to Warner Bros., says he wants to be referred to as more than just a "stoner" rapper.

Wiz Khalifa has long been known for his affiliation with marijuana and many consider him of the "stoner rap" variety when it comes to Hip Hop.

Recently sitting down with HardKnockTV, the Pittsburgh native says he wants to not be solely labeled a 'weed head' rapper and believes that once he expands his endeavors beyond music, the label will start to peel off.

"I was just talking with one of my homies yesterday, I kind of want to break the stigma of everything I do is like a 'stoner this' or a 'weed head' that, which is cool, that's what I built my marketing and my brand but at the end of the day everyone who is successful in film or in music get's high and they don't look at them as the stoner," Wiz says when asked about what else he would like to accomplish. "Once I get past that point I think I'll make more movies so to people id doesn't look forced or look like I'm trying to change lanes or change gears. It'll just be people ready for me to do that anyway."

Wiz Khalifa was also asked about his hometown homie Mac Miller and his recent signing to Warner Bros. Records.

"Being from Pittsburgh, we're bigger than a label or a situation," Wiz says. "We started doing music exactly the same way so we going to get to where we want to be in life regardless."

Watch the full video interview segment below:
The Real 2013 Reason Thread Creator of The Year!
2014 Reason Thread Creator of The Year !
2015 Reason Thread Creator of The year!

aladdin1978dwade206RNS

Replies

• Noble Al LeeNoble Al Lee only whats necessary Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesnt he have a strain of bud named after him?

Lol foh bruh
    Jdilla26RNSbkzlostchild
  • BenjaminEBenjaminE Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always thought he was a light-weight...
    Check out the album Circa 83.
    Learn more about Benjamin E's Circa 83 on his wordpress: b3njamin3.wordpress.com
    Contact Benjamin E on Gmail: [email protected]
    Follow him at Twitter.com/ebenjaminm
  • banginscrew901banginscrew901 Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He'll never shake this image. Might as well embrace it
    DarthRozayJdilla26
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He'll never shake this image. Might as well embrace it

Yup. He just needs to make better music. You see how much love Snoop Dogg gets, and he's one of the most famous potheads along with Bob Marley.
    bkzlostchild
  • KINGECKINGEC Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ain't gon happen
  • BetaBeta #FastFamily Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impossible at this point....

Just work on actually being better and talking about life experiences more so maybe your music gets better
    justise-winslow-dunk-shot-science.gif?w=418

giphy.gif

KLICHEMrCrookedLetter
  • Busta Carmichael Busta Carmichael IC Hall Of Famer, LOT Posts: 13,154 Regulator
    edited October 2014
    Next up "Lecrae does not want to be seen as a christian rapper, because alot of rappers and actors believe in jesus"
    Disciplined InSight
  • KingFreemanKingFreeman Way UpPosts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meroe wrote: »
    Funny how he waits till his image is going to be to his detriment (amber rose divorce) to say some shit like this lol

This nigga about to hit the courts. If he goes for custody of his kid he gotta clean that image up. His next album gonna be coontastic.
    TURBOZONE-BEST-SIG-EVER-50.gif
    nwfyah.jpg
  • thulsadoomthulsadoom do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 61,609 Regulator
    So uhhh yeaaah, then call it psychedelic rap.

Problem solved
    if i were an FBI Agent tasked with monitoring a forum, I'd post random pictures and watch the reactions of the people.
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

Você é um otário. Zé buceta. Vai tomar no meio do seu cu. Filho da puta. Arrombado
    King Of The Onomatopoeia
  • twizza 77twizza 77 Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He needs to stop getting arrested for having possession of weed 1st. Amber lawyers are going say he's an unfit parent because he smokes weed all the time and have threesomes with twin strippers everyday.
  • Noble Al LeeNoble Al Lee only whats necessary Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nigga bout ro start rappin bout mushrooms and dmt

Next mixtape "ayahuasca & OJ"
    thulsadoom
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 20,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atlantic pretty much introduced him to the masses that way. They painted him in a image to be the new Snoop Dogg. Sounds like a subliminal that things arent going well with the label.
    The Jacka Presents:
    Street Knowledge
    "Kill Yaself"

http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/bEsGQfVs/file.html
  • Ear2DaStEar2DaSt STREET MILITARY till Infinity !!!! Posts: 10,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    decriminalize
    Street Military members:

K.B. DA KIDNAPPA , LIL FLEA , ICEY HOTT , PHAROAH , KLONDIKE KAT , R.I.P. NUTT

Killa Klan members: BAM , SKI-BO , TOO , STACK PACK , 2-REAL , FAKKULTY
  • nex ginnex gin Keep It Simple Stupid Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too late, but good luck w/ that Wiz.
    The person who controls your anger controls you.

The conventional mind is passive. It consumes information and
    regurgitates it in familiar forms. The dimensional mind is active
    transforming everything it digests into something new & original,
    creating instead of consuming.

Excuses don't solve problems.

Life is a series of serious choices
    Theories are formed from experience, never mysterious forces
  • Jdilla26Jdilla26 Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    one way to stop the stigma once and for all....Stop smoking.....Doubt it.....Wiz breathes in more cannibus than oxygen
    Dear Genitals, thanks for not bleeding every month. You're the best. Sincerely, a man

tumblr_m0e3qjrtM41qj966mo1_500_large.gif
    tumblr_mrz0b9youk1qhkbk8o1_400.gif
  • blackblocblackbloc Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    lol of course he does. all amber has to do is show 1 video of him blazing up talkingabout his love of weed ,call him a drug addict and judge will grant her full custody of bash
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 20,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackbloc wrote: »
    lol of course he does. all amber has to do is show 1 video of him blazing up talkingabout his love of weed ,call him a drug addict and judge will grant her full custody of bash

That aint his baby anyway
    The Jacka Presents:
    Street Knowledge
    "Kill Yaself"

http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/bEsGQfVs/file.html
    MrCrookedLetterBackInWhiteMelqarteternal soldier
  • mc317mc317 Chief Of Goddamn Station Dark Side of The MoonPosts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭