how do other regions feel abt ny rappers always...

Options
SheerExcellence
SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
Talking about how they go down south, midwest, etc and set up shop? The ? kinda disrespectful, as if those areas don't have any crews. Imagine if the south kept saying they come to bklyn and take blocks over, nyc would be crying foul, like they did when Kendrick said he the king.

Nyc stay on their cocky ? . Straight treating other regions like they backwards hustlers and all a nyer gotta do is show up, then he'll have whole town on lock in a week.

Comments

• sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ima throw some hilarious popcorn gif here later.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    NY,LA,Chicago,Detroit,New Orleans and few cities are just not cities set up to where a new dude can set up shop

For one they are places where they have water and ports which means they have cheaper prices

There are NY ? all over the country.It's changed a little over the years,but that's what ? be doing

NY ? or NJ,Philly etc will go to somewhere down south and have the best prices and better product so even the weight ? will ? w/ them or hate on the out of town ? and pop off some beef ? .

Down South isn't set up like up north.Up north more organized block by block and they already got the best prices.

Down south is a free market.It's less about blocks and more about traps.Traps can be anywhere

Ppl down south move around more than Nyers in their cities

Nyers may stay where they grew up most of their lives

Ppl down south aren't as territorial because they move to different places.

A ? is just not going to a Detroit or a Brooklyn block and setting up because somebody will immediately murder him because this is the only block they know and get money from because if they go to another block another Brooklyn,Detroit,LA,etc ? would immediately murder him.

Why get mad at some ? that happens,is happening,and will always happen?

back in the day a dude from one of those cities was highly more advanced on some street ?

While ppl down south were just getting into the ? game whole empires had rose and fell in those cities.

Now the info circulates different.? all over are pretty up on game
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    most people is gonna support who is potrayed by the industry that they should follow (radio personalities steady jockin Ny mcs and sh*t like that)

Ny is high powered even if they aint hott at the time they still got their hands in the mix

Ny biggest thing representing America what do you expect

What's funny is if they expect us to get in our feelings especially in The South

I feel like Houston rappers just wanna make hott/dope music.

Most artists don't want beef with Ny and most look up to old school Nyc artist
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    Naw but I'm just saying
    I'm from ny
    And was just playing some old biggie, jay, and az
    Then I realized all these dudes talking about how they went to north carolina or dc or ohio or Tennessee and it made me see you never hear abt the reverse of that
    Like in that movie belly
    It's just weird that's all, but ol boy a few posts ago made some good points
    Maybe it's just cause those places more spread out and we got best prices
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    Meanwhile Frank Lucas is from North Carolina and Lorenzo Nichols is from Alabama

Can't deny that.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most cats from big cities already have family who live down south so there's already eyes & ears in the streets. so a connect can be made or most likely already been made before the money is invested

Bring the white & tan down, flip that ...... come back with the green & flip that too .......

Not so much worth it coming north with just the green ..... unless it's a connect already on deck and it's a big flip
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    Most cats from big cities already have family who live down south so there's already eyes & ears in the streets. so a connect can be made or most likely already been made before the money is invested

Bring the white & tan down, flip that ...... come back with the green & flip that too .......

Not so much worth it coming north with just the green ..... unless it's a connect already on deck and it's a big flip

But ain't ? already set up in these areas? How can ny dude like biggie just roll through and adjust the whole ecosystem.

And real talk, compare it to music.
    All those down south cats were hustling out their cars selling cds and doing everything themselves. They made their names offa nothing, master p, cash money, the houston cats, abd many more too many to mention...so why is the perception that their hustle game needs help? Hell the south ? could show ny ? how to hustle if you wanna be real with it. 50 cent partially made it cause he adopted that down south grind hustle, while cats like the lox were waiting for diddy or whoever to put them on.

The south hustle game is crazy, you can't deny that. So why they make it seem like the movie belly, you can just go and set up shop?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe thats just how the drug trade works
  • loch121
    edited October 2014
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    NY,LA,Chicago,Detroit,New Orleans and few cities are just not cities set up to where a new dude can set up shop

For one they are places where they have water and ports which means they have cheaper prices

There are NY ? all over the country.It's changed a little over the years,but that's what ? be doing

NY ? or NJ,Philly etc will go to somewhere down south and have the best prices and better product so even the weight ? will ? w/ them or hate on the out of town ? and pop off some beef ? .

Down South isn't set up like up north.Up north more organized block by block and they already got the best prices.

Down south is a free market.It's less about blocks and more about traps.Traps can be anywhere

A ? is just not going to a Detroit or a Brooklyn block and setting up because somebody will immediately murder him because this is the only block they know and get money from because if they go to another block another Brooklyn,Detroit,LA,etc ? would immediately murder him.

back in the day a dude from one of those cities was highly more advanced on some street ?

While ppl down south were just getting into the ? game whole empires had rose and fell in those cities.

^^^^^ Gang intelligence officer

Just a ? who knows wtf be going on,plus nothing in what I said was about gangs
  • loch121
    Options
    Naw but I'm just saying
    I'm from ny
    Then I realized all these dudes talking about how they went to north carolina or dc or ohio or Tennessee and it made me see you never hear abt the reverse of that
    Like in that movie belly

Many out of town wars have popped off over this too.That's why some places ain't good for anybody to just go and start hustling.DC,Boston,Bmore,and a couple of places got beef w/ ot ? specifically NY ? coming in
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw but I'm just saying
    I'm from ny
    Like in that movie belly

? when biggie said cases in Virginia bodies in DC.. ? went to see him at a concert and ran him outta there. Booed him threw bottles and asked him where the bodies at.

But in reality those were different times when ? actually believed what folks were ? about they were living. Now we realize that most of these ? are lying

I mean Jay talking bout all this hustling out in MD and this ? talking bout an area that's barely even populated but yet he's moving brick after brick out on the eastern shore. ? please.

On some real ? there was a lot of animosity in the late 80's early 90's between DC and NY. After Rayful got locked up Alpo popped up took out Mike Fray and basically ran ? with Wayne Perry at his back. But when Alpo got locked he basically only snitched on all his connects in the DC area. ? before my times but older heads got stories for days bout this ? .
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can explain it

Nicks go for dimes down south. So basically you can have $5 worth of product in NY, go down south and resell it for $10.

The reverse isn't true. You can't bring product from down south up north and resell it for a profit.

Biggie said it on one of his songs (forget which) that he found out that nicks go for dimes down south.

Basically all you need is gas money and you can go down south and double up.
  • IAmDopeSmoke
    IAmDopeSmoke Members Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »

dude thats a damn lie we gettin ounces of loud out here for $200-300 n.y ? get no respect in atl
  • IAmDopeSmoke
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I can explain it

Nicks go for dimes down south. So basically you can have $5 worth of product in NY, go down south and resell it for $10.

The reverse isn't true. You can't bring product from down south up north and resell it for a profit.

Biggie said it on one of his songs (forget which) that he found out that nicks go for dimes down south.

Basically all you need is gas money and you can go down south and double up.

bru you talking abt some old ass 90's times ? different now aint no doubling up for no n.y ? down here well atleast not in atl maybe somewhere else but not da city
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thought this ? was about NY rappers. My bad.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    MECCA1000 wrote: »

But ain't ? already set up in these areas? How can ny dude like biggie just roll through and adjust the whole ecosystem.

And real talk, compare it to music.
    All those down south cats were hustling out their cars selling cds and doing everything themselves. They made their names offa nothing, master p, cash money, the houston cats, abd many more too many to mention...so why is the perception that their hustle game needs help? Hell the south ? could show ny ? how to hustle if you wanna be real with it. 50 cent partially made it cause he adopted that down south grind hustle, while cats like the lox were waiting for diddy or whoever to put them on.

The south hustle game is crazy, you can't deny that. So why they make it seem like the movie belly, you can just go and set up shop?

My old man who is 77 told me back in the day how cats would go north from down south and hustle ? up there. They'd play that shuffling knee-grow roll and come back down with bags full of money. Just because a person don't talk fast and live in a concrete jungle don't mean he don't got game. For one, ? is ? and hustling is hustling. And all the ? the live int he north, a lot of them came from down south. And the 2 biggest gangs here in Chicago were started by two ? from Mississippi, Jeff Fort and Larry Hoover
  • southsidecpark
    southsidecpark Members Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Options
    I hate to break it to y'all but Atlanta tickets is stupid down here and N.Y. ? shop down here and bring it back up top to flip it I even got fam from Bridgeport that shop with ? from the A because they say N.Y. prices too high
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meanwhile Frank Lucas is from North Carolina and Lorenzo Nichols is from Alabama

lol and they went to nyc to get freedoms lol dont act like they took over blocks lol
  • memphis2sacnicc
    memphis2sacnicc Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Not to mention, the Chambers brothers being some country boys from Arkansas setting up shop in Detroit and running that whole region. The movie new jack city were inspired by them.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i like NY rap scene backthen & now . I feel ny is still trying to live in the era of the 90s when they were on top but now they just gotta play their role and keep hiphop going . Ny will always be the mecca of hiphop no matter which region is running it but the north got next .
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i like NY rap scene backthen & now . I feel ny is still trying to live in the era of the 90s when they were on top but now they just gotta play their role and keep hiphop going . Ny will always be the mecca of hiphop no matter which region is running it but the north got next .

50laugh.gif
  • IAmDopeSmoke
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »
    Thought this ? was about NY rappers. My bad.

Rap and drug talk go hand in hand