Wait - so KRITT is claiming to be KIng of the South now?

Options

Comments

• Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why shouldn't he

Cuz he not runnin ?
  • stackmaster 313
    stackmaster 313 Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What lil flip gone say
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What the ? is wrong with yall? For once can a debate be had about skill, ability, creativity, or the depth of th music? This whole how many hits, is he a boss. how much marketing does he have ? is corny.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    What the ? is wrong with yall? For once can a debate be had about skill, ability, creativity, or the depth of th music? This whole how many hits, is he a boss. how much marketing does he have ? is corny.

So are you saying Krit is king based off music alone?

What If I made the best southern album ever in my garage and nobody ever heard it, am I the king of the south?
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Krit gets so much love from you guys on the internet that I am starting to see posts pop up proclaiming he is overrated. He gets so little love outside of the internet that I don't ever see enough people co-signing his claim as King of the South.
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, if it wasn't for NYC or LA would Krit even get any pub or major spins? South don't care about Kirt.

im from the south and I ? with Krit heavy......but you have a valid point...the south as a whole doesnt ? with him....which for the life of me I cant understand why

The lack of the machine pushing him.

I love the south, but dammit them ? need to be told how to behave. Its ingrained in them.

So question.

Out of Migos, K-Camp, Future, Young Thug, Rich Homie Quan, Rae Sremmurd, Snootie Wild, iLoveMakonnen, and Iggy, who has the machine behind? Who doesn't?

Iggy and Young Thug, ilovebullshit. Everybody else is at the holding docks.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options

So are you saying Krit is king based off music alone?

What If I made the best southern album ever in my garage and nobody ever heard it, am I the king of the south?

What I am saying is, stop debating ? ass gossipy ? . Evaluate the music. There is nothing else to debate. Debating sales? ? ? . Debating brands? ? ? . Debating boss status? ? ? . Debating who a ? ? ? ? ? . Debating who a co-signed a ? ? ? ? . Debating what a ? wearing? ? ? .

Debate the music, the art, the lyrics.

Don't ask silly questions. There has to be material to debate.

I cosign this entire post but I wasn't asking a "silly question".

You read the title of this thread and thought it was going to be a duscusion about the music? Yeah right

If you proclaim yourself king (a title meaning you reign supreme over a region) fans have the right to critque that
  • he_was_quiet
    he_was_quiet Members Posts: 49 ✭✭✭
    Options
    KRIT is the best new artist out period. The ? done dropped a high quality project every year since 2010.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the problem is the machine, if we being honest ? like migos, future, camp, etc do not have the machine either, migos arent even signed, nobody ? with i love makkonen, snootie wild is yo gotti protege and everyone affiliated with him gets love by default from starlito to zedzilla, iggy may have the machine but she not a southern artist and im willin to say no one down here really fool with her new ? either, the difference is some of those artists have club hits, ? down here hit the club every weekend they bound to hear that, if i hear krit down here its more than likely in a car, club dj more likely to play no flex zone and shout out "IF U KNOW SOME FLEXIN ? IN THIS ? ? TELL EM ITS A NO FLEX ZONE" than playin she knows and killin the crowd, it just is what it is, like dude said when u jam krit around people they come around, i got a homie who mainly on that young ? club and trap ? , every time i play krizzle he ? with it tho
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    For the Record. I don't know Krit's music like that and never been into TI's music after hearing it. All I know is, I aint seen a lyric, a song for song comparison nothing.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Krit spitting though, can't nobody have a prollem with that.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    For the Record. I don't know Krit's music like that and never been into TI's music after hearing it. All I know is, I aint seen a lyric, a song for song comparison nothing.

http://youtu.be/OyEdqoh_v7g

http://youtu.be/hiUKLdi_qMY

http://youtu.be/2ny1711Xw5A
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    ? down hear love that flamboyant trap/street/hood talk, either that or the club/? bad ? /i got all the money talk. they'll fool with a ? keepin it true to himself like krit sometimes, but not over that, but if he had a machine heavy behind him and a feature with a certain somebody, o everybody gon get on it then cuz they will fool with u when u poppin, was just talm bout this with my homie the other day, nobody wanna support local mississippi talent til they go get poppin elsewhere or with someone else, lotta bandwagoner/frontrunner type ? bruh, its a reason its so many cowboys and lakers fans in damn mississippi
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

Appreciate it. First two joints standard whackness. Last joint is crazy cold. Got that Kast 'Elevators" vibe to it.

• sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    the problem is the machine, if we being honest ? like migos, future, camp, etc do not have the machine either, migos arent even signed, nobody ? with i love makkonen, snootie wild is yo gotti protege and everyone affiliated with him gets love by default from starlito to zedzilla, iggy may have the machine but she not a southern artist and im willin to say no one down here really fool with her new ? either, the difference is some of those artists have club hits, ? down here hit the club every weekend they bound to hear that, if i hear krit down here its more than likely in a car, club dj more likely to play no flex zone and shout out "IF U KNOW SOME FLEXIN ? IN THIS ? ? TELL EM ITS A NO FLEX ZONE" than playin she knows and killin the crowd, it just is what it is, like dude said when u jam krit around people they come around, i got a homie who mainly on that young ? club and trap ? , every time i play krizzle he ? with it tho

None of this addresses dude's earlier point and my point though.

Your saying the other guys don't have machine backing either. I agree, that was a rhetorical question. Your saying it's because they have club hits and KRIT doesn't. I also agree with that 100%.

Your basically making my case for me which is:
    The majority of the southern audience simply doesn't support the kind of music he makes.

We are saying the exact same thing.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

Appreciate it. First two joints standard whackness. Last joint is crazy cold. Got that Kast 'Elevators" vibe to it.

check out return of 4eva, i think u'd dig that ?
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

check out return of 4eva, i think u'd dig that ?

I will. Appreciate it.

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I kinda want the whole king of .... to die out. ? just turns into blocc survey's
  • sr_the_freshman
    Options
    ? down hear love that flamboyant trap/street/hood talk, either that or the club/? bad ? /i got all the money talk. they'll fool with a ? keepin it true to himself like krit sometimes, but not over that, but if he had a machine heavy behind him and a feature with a certain somebody, o everybody gon get on it then cuz they will fool with u when u poppin, was just talm bout this with my homie the other day, nobody wanna support local mississippi talent til they go get poppin elsewhere or with someone else, lotta bandwagoner/frontrunner type ? bruh, its a reason its so many cowboys and lakers fans in damn mississippi

So ? down around your way wont ? with it unless it's a club / trap record, or if other prominent ? ? with it or are featured?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

So ? down around your way wont ? with it unless it's a club / trap record, or if other prominent ? ? with it or are featured?

they may fool with it but ill put it like this, those two categories are higher on the priority list

thats based on what ive seen/heard in mississippi tho, i believe its more well rounded than that outside of the sip and bama

now if i can go back to when krit was featured on that tip song, tip what id consider a prominent ? , guess what, krit for the first time was all on the radio non ? stop in my town, aint heard his ass since on that radio(i hardly turn it on but i have my doubts they playin pay attention like they should)

put that machine on him, then ? round hear gon ? around and be hearin pay attention or temptation more than just 1 rotation in the club, they gon be like hmm, this ? go kinda hard, and he from the home town, eventually they gon dig and relate to that REAL real ? , cuz they'll ? with ? that actually is relatable, but like i said the categories i named seem to be a tad bit higher on the totem pole
  • sr_the_freshman
    Options

they may fool with it but ill put it like this, those two categories are higher on the priority list

thats based on what ive seen/heard in mississippi tho, i believe its more well rounded than that outside of the sip and bama

now if i can go back to when krit was featured on that tip song, tip what id consider a prominent ? , guess what, krit for the first time was all on the radio non ? stop in my town, aint heard his ass since on that radio(i hardly turn it on but i have my doubts they playin pay attention like they should)

put that machine on him, then ? round hear gon ? around and be hearin pay attention or temptation more than just 1 rotation in the club, they gon be like hmm, this ? go kinda hard, and he from the home town, eventually they gon dig and relate to that REAL real ? , cuz they'll ? with ? that actually is relatable, but like i said the categories i named seem to be a tad bit higher on the totem pole

If the end result of the machine is to get a club record or a cosign, then it seems to me that the actual problem is less of the machine or lack there of, and more so the lack of a club record which is my point.

If it isn't a club / trap record, southern audience will not organically ? with it.
    The people enlarge are not ? with KRIT's music.

So @hiphop12345 was right, because out here on the East Coast at least, they don't need a club hit to garner an organic audience. I think we even ? with ? like KRITT, Childish, and Cole more then most down south ? .
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i love im flexin i wish KRIT dropped a verse on that. never got radio play here tho
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited November 2014
    Options

If the end result of the machine is to get a club record or a cosign, then it seems to me that the actual problem is less of the machine or lack there of, and more so the lack of a club record which is my point.

If it isn't a club / trap record, southern audience will not organically ? with it.
    The people enlarge are not ? with KRIT's music.

So @hiphop12345 was right, because out here on the East Coast at least, they don't need a club hit to garner an organic audience. I think we even ? with ? like KRITT, Childish, and Cole more then most down south ? .

u addin ? i never said and just babbling now.

the end result of the machine not to get a club record or cosign, its to help him crossover into the mainstream, or at least become known on a much more wider scale, sort of like t.i. after he dropped bring em out, or three 6 mafia after stay high dropped, he will already have a long lasting career from his ORGANIC fan base and may come up on a club record regardless, he already has been c/s'd by legends in the game so really he good on that as well

im not sayin they absolutely WONT fool with it organically down here if it aint club or trap or somebody huge, im sayin they will but the chances of it decrease a lil bit, but with the club/trap ? its here one day and on to the next, the young ? wanna relate to it for a lil bit, then they grow up, with music like krit and j. cole that will be timeless, it takes a lil while to warm up to it, but it happens eventually, thats why i implied in the other thread that krit may be the type artist that catches on and really breaks out late

u can say the people in large are not ? with krit music, but at the end of the day, his soundscans on his last album still did a lot more decent than what u guys in the east coast like to assume is dominating down here bruh.