Interstellar (2014)(Christopher Nolan) - Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway & Sir Michael Caine

Options

Comments

• BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    I just saw tonight, been avoiding trailers and this thread until I saw the film.

All I can say is...

clap.gif

give this chit all da awards
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »

Great breakdown by Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

It made me feel a lot better when even he said, "...I'm not sure what it contributed to the plot, but I didn't really understand the plot."

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    TARS was the realest ? i've seen in a movie in a long time.
    dr mann was one of the most bitchmade people i've ever seen on film
    he was but i thought his character was necessary to keep a sense of honesty alive ... the whole catch phrase of the movie is on some could you sacrifice yourself for the survival of mankind ? .. well .. DR."MAN" (so properly named btw) represents the flaw in your average person/man .. the selfishness the deceiving the manipulative nature within man .. he and coop's chasm illustrated how difficult it is to get people on the same page to do something for the betterment of all and not yourself .. which reinforces how difficult and hopeless their mission to save the world would be..mann broke the whole ? down when he left coop for dead
    hmm...i got all that...but just the bitchassness was some next level ? lol. it's one thing to fake data to try to get saved. but talking to cooper while he's supposed to be dying. foh either be the bad guy or don't but don't act like you didn't wana do it. brand knew what he was doing was ? up but at least he rode it out.

it also speaks to "murphy's law"..literally everything that coulda went wrong on that mission went wrong. they lost 2 crew members, they lost time with their earthly family & friends, the original purpose of the mission was ? , somebody tried to ? them, they didn't find a hospitable planet...smh.
    yeah but see the ? not ? lol ...even if your doing some ? up ? most people know its ? up and still feel bad..thats just a natural human emotion.. like i dont think his character was meant to epitomize pure evil or pure callousness with no remorse or regret on some Michael Myers ? .. i mean i think he did feel bad about doing what he was doing but he felt like this was the right thing to do .. he thought he was being calculated and he thought coop wouldn't be able to... thats why i think he was talking to him .. i mean he said .. "i thought i could watch you go thru this but i cant" so he's telling you that he's not some beast without a conscious..he's just like i said an honest representation of what a lot of people would do in that situation..

and they did find a hospitable planet ... Dr.Brands/Dr.Edmunds planet was hospitable.. thats why she has her helmet off at the end chilling .. i dont think coop is going to go save her and bring her back to earth i think he's going to go thru with the original plan A and start a new civilization on that planet .. remember when he realized that "them" is actually "us" ..well .. who do you think puts the wormhole there?

? still putting this in spoilers ? been out a week.

i didn't have a problem with damon being caught in the middle. just....the way he went about it was too ? . like when coop called him a coward that's exactly what was in my mind. he was a straight ? .

i meant at first they didn't find a hospitable planet cuz the one they ended up picking was too close to a black hole or some ? . & when brand wanted to go to edmund's they almost didn't even make it there cuz they were running out of fuel.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like that white people look to a ? to tell them what to think about space.

Why wouldn't they?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TARS was the realest ? i've seen in a movie in a long time.
    dr mann was one of the most bitchmade people i've ever seen on film
    he was but i thought his character was necessary to keep a sense of honesty alive ... the whole catch phrase of the movie is on some could you sacrifice yourself for the survival of mankind ? .. well .. DR."MAN" (so properly named btw) represents the flaw in your average person/man .. the selfishness the deceiving the manipulative nature within man .. he and coop's chasm illustrated how difficult it is to get people on the same page to do something for the betterment of all and not yourself .. which reinforces how difficult and hopeless their mission to save the world would be..mann broke the whole ? down when he left coop for dead
    hmm...i got all that...but just the bitchassness was some next level ? lol. it's one thing to fake data to try to get saved. but talking to cooper while he's supposed to be dying. foh either be the bad guy or don't but don't act like you didn't wana do it. brand knew what he was doing was ? up but at least he rode it out.

it also speaks to "murphy's law"..literally everything that coulda went wrong on that mission went wrong. they lost 2 crew members, they lost time with their earthly family & friends, the original purpose of the mission was ? , somebody tried to ? them, they didn't find a hospitable planet...smh.
    yeah but see the ? not ? lol ...even if your doing some ? up ? most people know its ? up and still feel bad..thats just a natural human emotion.. like i dont think his character was meant to epitomize pure evil or pure callousness with no remorse or regret on some Michael Myers ? .. i mean i think he did feel bad about doing what he was doing but he felt like this was the right thing to do .. he thought he was being calculated and he thought coop wouldn't be able to... thats why i think he was talking to him .. i mean he said .. "i thought i could watch you go thru this but i cant" so he's telling you that he's not some beast without a conscious..he's just like i said an honest representation of what a lot of people would do in that situation..

and they did find a hospitable planet ... Dr.Brands/Dr.Edmunds planet was hospitable.. thats why she has her helmet off at the end chilling .. i dont think coop is going to go save her and bring her back to earth i think he's going to go thru with the original plan A and start a new civilization on that planet .. remember when he realized that "them" is actually "us" ..well .. who do you think puts the wormhole there?

? still putting this in spoilers ? been out a week.

i didn't have a problem with damon being caught in the middle. just....the way he went about it was too ? . like when coop called him a coward that's exactly what was in my mind. he was a straight ? .

i meant at first they didn't find a hospitable planet cuz the one they ended up picking was too close to a black hole or some ? . & when brand wanted to go to edmund's they almost didn't even make it there cuz they were running out of fuel.

I feel you G
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't wanna see this movie but how the hell can they survive on Saturn??

That's a gas planet with like 20 moons, turbulent weather and below freezing temperatures with nitrous oxide in the atmosphere. Spoiler please.
  • BoogaSuga
    Options

That's a gas planet with like 20 moons, turbulent weather and below freezing temperatures with nitrous oxide in the atmosphere. Spoiler please.

Its a space station on one of Saturn's moons.

Great movie you should check it
    @Bartholomew_Jenkins‌
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aight, I definitely will check it out. Just curious.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its suppsed to be set sometime in the future. They never say which year but its noticeable in the conversations. Especially in the beginning with the teachers. No army and such and such

GOTDAMN THIS MOVIE WAS ? DOPE

I hate nerds that can't appreciate movies so they have to look around for fault and loopholes in movies.

It's ? nerds who couldn't enjoyed it cause the science was correct.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Neil Degrasse Tyson ethered the entire concept of the movie.

Basically said it doesn't make sense to go through wormholes looking for other planets when Mars would probably be a lot safer.

Hilarious.

I can't even take the movie seriously after thinking about it from that perspective.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Mars would be too easy tho since that's the hype everybody's on if something happened to earth
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If we're talking Tyson tweets, he had more praise than criticism.
  • Karl.
    Options
    People forget the film is a piece of fiction. It's not real. It's not supposed to be real.
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    Kairo wrote: »
    If we're talking Tyson tweets, he had more praise than criticism.

True. The movie takes place in the future after Mars would be the obvious 1st option.

N.D.T. review obviously states the movie comes from a real standpoint scientifically
  • Karl.
    Options
    @fortyacres&amule‌ Do you really need those five pictures in your sig?
  • Reel864
    Reel864 Members Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Options
    Great movie! A fatherless ? like myself empathized with the little girl.

What's up with you nerd ass ? complaining about black hole theories? It's a ? movie bret. Enroll in college, read a book if you wanna learn some ? . Enjoy your day!
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They weren't on Saturn. They were orbiting it.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im going see this today
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is it dope in imax?