Options

Comments

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    ? _Lyfe wrote: »
    I haven't seen where she's ever given a reasonable explanation for her stance. She seems to basically just like calling Iggy a culture vulture and TI a ? for supporting Iggy. *shrugs* I haven't followed this all that closely though. Maybe she's written some more poignant ? that I haven't seen.

Any ? who supports a white woman who said she was a runaway slave master is a ? . Period.

That's common sense ? .

That's another issue completely. You want to say the chick is a racist and TI is ? for supporting a racist, fine. But right now, they are discussing Azelia's belief that any and every white person doing Hip Hop should be attacked and any person down with a white artist is a ? . No, she has not provided a reasonable explanation why that's true. And No, TI being wrong in one instance doesn't make him automatically wrong in this instance.

That's not what she's saying though. That's just what you want to pretend she's saying so you can make your little points.

I'm not pretending anything. Like I said, I haven't followed closely, so if she has some posts where she dropped some real knowledge, then post them and I'll give her due credit. But from what I've seen, lately, she's just been lumping all white artists in the same category and accusing them of stealing black culture.

? do i look like the dewey decimal system? If you care enough to compose a response to some ? you admittedly aren't familiar with maybe you should channel that energy into getting all the info before spouting off?

Just a suggestion.

So basically, you're claiming that I'm wrong, but it's my job to research and find why you believe I'm wrong. Ok, that makes sense. I'll pass cause debates and discussions don't work like that. Thanks for the suggestion though.

You come off as a lonely person that goes against the grain just to have some human interaction.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    But TI is still wrong for automatically jumpin inthe way of all this chick's bullets. She's a grown ass woman smh Thats sad

He shouldn't jump in them but at the same time it's a double edge sword because 98% of the time when people ? on Iggy they also throw in T.I's name too. Rarely have I seen somebody diss Iggy w/o bringing TI's name into it somehow
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    DRO_BANKS wrote: »
    JUST LIKE DAVID BANNER SAID...

"HIPHOP (black music) IS THE ONLY GENERE OF MUSIC THAT ANOTHER RACE CAN COME IN SOOO EASILY AND DOMINATE WITHOUT THAT PERSON GETTING CHECKED..

Yeah, cause it's not like the exact same thing happened with Jazz, Country, Rock, and pretty much every other form of American music. As a matter of fact, Hip Hop is probably the only genre where there was an actual backlash against that happening.

If you feel that way, then why do you seem to think the discussion of the white invasion isn't an intellectual discussion? It may have taken longer, but it is happening to hiphop too.

I absolutely think that is an intellectual discussion. I don't think us talking about an attention ? whose career failed hating on a talentless white chick who is more famous is an intellectual discussion.

If ya'll want to discuss the potential of whites coming in and turning HipHop into what Jazz has become cool. Maybe that will be an intellectual discussion. But that's not really what we're discussing here.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All Aboard!!!!!? Train Is Coming Part 2: http://youtu.be/7wiUeNcaPHk
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    It be funny to watch these threads start off with witty one line responses, but as the pages lengthen ? bout to be droppin dissertations on hip hop, the white and black struggle, all of that, just watch. TI really ain't even have to respond to what Q-Tip said, and he really ain't say ? . Just the usual long winded poor use of big word comical TI ? . Q-Tip ain't even try to play her, he just gave her a history lesson. ? , he gave me one too. My synapses was firin like a muhfucka readin that.

Lol exactly .... It starts w a response to thread then ? start writing titangraphs bout unrelated matters
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    ? and this ? one of my favorite r Rappers smh. What a ?
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    Cunt_Lyfe Members, Writer Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't seen where she's ever given a reasonable explanation for her stance. She seems to basically just like calling Iggy a culture vulture and TI a ? for supporting Iggy. *shrugs* I haven't followed this all that closely though. Maybe she's written some more poignant ? that I haven't seen.

Any ? who supports a white woman who said she was a runaway slave master is a ? . Period.

That's common sense ? .

That's another issue completely. You want to say the chick is a racist and TI is ? for supporting a racist, fine. But right now, they are discussing Azelia's belief that any and every white person doing Hip Hop should be attacked and any person down with a white artist is a ? . No, she has not provided a reasonable explanation why that's true. And No, TI being wrong in one instance doesn't make him automatically wrong in this instance.

I pretty much remember her saying that TI was corny for defending that.

I don't think after seeing this that anyone really has to give any explanation of why they would come at Iggy and TI for their rickety.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Migos ? all on Igloo
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options

"HIPHOP (black music) IS THE ONLY GENERE OF MUSIC THAT ANOTHER RACE CAN COME IN SOOO EASILY AND DOMINATE WITHOUT THAT PERSON GETTING CHECKED..

Yeah, cause it's not like the exact same thing happened with Jazz, Country, Rock, and pretty much every other form of American music. As a matter of fact, Hip Hop is probably the only genre where there was an actual backlash against that happening.

If you feel that way, then why do you seem to think the discussion of the white invasion isn't an intellectual discussion? It may have taken longer, but it is happening to hiphop too.

I absolutely think that is an intellectual discussion. I don't think us talking about an attention ? whose career failed hating on a talentless white chick who is more famous is an intellectual discussion.

If ya'll want to discuss the potential of whites coming in and turning HipHop into what Jazz has become cool. Maybe that will be an intellectual discussion. But that's not really what we're discussing here.

That's what you summarize it as. The narrative has obviously grown beyond that. Also, A Banks already admitted that she was the cause of her own issues with her label. She created her own lane so and she's doing better then a lot of rappers. She may be hating, idc really. Obviously this discussion extends to the greater issue with overall ? disrespect of the black man.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People attacking the wrong people. Attack these record label execs and corporate entities.
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Clif flexing his cape 4 this thot xtra hard why he ain't do that when stunt n lo was shooting. Videos on his nite club roof
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where's the thread/story abo Q Tip's tweets??

My problem with all that is hip hop has been a ? . By our own people. So it aint really fair to call out Iggy when others are making bullshyt thats just as damning. Vanilla Ice existed but never took over b/c hip hop was authentic and he couldnt possibly take over while real dudes in that era made music. There was a clear disctnction between posers and the real

But Iggy is such a "threat" now b/c hip hop is a ? and it's legs are open for the taking. There is no more disticntion. Anybody can make a fuking 'in love with the coco' so tha ? kinda sense does it make to say someone is stealing that

Oh and speaking of which! Qtip just dropped a mixtape with Busta, who is a dear friend of his....i wonder if Tip has given that same lesson to Busta or Genasis?

I've been on an IC crusade, crucifying ? like him for years.

However, the issue of our people ? out the culture does not make the issue of white people directly ? it out (Iggy for example) any less of a problem. The later is still more severe. Let's not forget that the shallow content, and buffoonery that is so pronounced in these ? records has been driven by white dollars in many cases.

A Migos , Genasis, or Keef record albeit buffoonery, reflects certain tragic realities or ambitions of the youth. No matter how petty that is, it still in and of itself is more Hip-Hop then anything then Iggy can put together.

Their problem is less of a lack in content, and more so a lack of reverence for the art IE they're laughable skills as an MC.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Gotdamn u pseudo ? intellectuals will argue anything

Whose dumber? The people arguing this ? or the idiot that actually thinks this is an "intellectual" discussion. It's just people wasting time by discussing silly internet ? . Nothing more nothing less.

You really act like you've contributed something important to this convo.

How have I acted like I've done anything? I've given my opinion nothing more nothing less. I don't consider this an "intellectual" discussion. That goes for my comments too.

That's what you summarize it as. The narrative has obviously grown beyond that. Also, A Banks already admitted that she was the cause of her own issues with her label. She created her own lane so and she's doing better then a lot of rappers. She may be hating, idc really. Obviously this discussion extends to the greater issue with overall ? disrespect of the black man.

My comment wasn't really in response to this overall discussion ya'll are having. I was only talking about what was presented in the OP. TI might very well be a ? . Iggy Azelia might very well be a racist that should be taken out of here. I'm not saying anyone is wrong about those things.

That said, what TI said in those tweets had merit whether he was right or wrong, and responding by calling him indoctrinated and acting like he's too dumb to have a real discussion adds nothing whatsoever. What Banks did was basically what every troll does when someone addresses their trolling with a serious response.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You talking about a bunch of negros that just do what they know, vs a ? that could afford a plane ticket all the way from Kangaroo Land, and had more time in front of her TV learning the our lingo earned through suffering then Nas had to looking out his project windows.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is iggy corny to me? Yeah. Is it weird out of all people Clifford co signed her? Kinda. But ? need to stop freaking out about white rappers stealing our "culture".

? going nuts over european designer clothing and accessories but freak out when a few white people put it in a rap.

You wanna know why black artists started falling off the top charts on Jazz, Rock, Blues etc? Because we stopped caring about it. Beacuse we scolded ? for listening to rock or laughed at them for not playing ball but learning to compose Jazz.

We need to stop attacking Iggy and Macklemore and other white rappers. And instead we need to find out more ways to have indy labels and stop making money for big record companies and the conglomerates they are a part off. We need to stop ? over our own people (Birdman/Diddy) and start developing talent and helping our ? eat with good contracts.

White people will never take over hip hop to the extent of mondern rock or jazz unless we stop giving a ? about the culture or we stop performing and moving the art forward. Cause even the majority of white people that like hip hop (not pop) support black artists longer than then do white artists.

Where is the white girl mob where is Mac Miller or asher roth? They are milk carton status. But 50 cent or even Q-tip could show up to any white suburb in america and some kid or now 20 or 30 something would be going nuts just cuz they saw them. Likewise if people of any race truly authentically embrace the culture and share their stories of struggle (not frat rap) they can be a vital contribution to the artform.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Well let me ask you a question. Take names out of this. A white person from another country grows up listening to Hip Hop and loves the culture. They fly to America and try to link up with people here to create a career for themselves in the thing he/she loves. Over the course of this pursuit, that person picks up the slang and the style and the general swag (for lack of a better word) in an effort to be embraced. Is this person a culture vulture or is he/she just a person that loves the culture and wants to be a part of it?

From my standpoint, the answer could be either one depending on the person doing all that. That's basically what TI is trying to say. Now which answer applies to Iggy? I can't say. I don't know the ? . TI is the one riding with her so he has more insight into that than I do. Then again his judgement may be trash. I don't know. Again, that's not what I was addressing. I was just giving my opinion on the content of his tweets and the meaningless response he got from Banks.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where's the thread/story abo Q Tip's tweets??

My problem with all that is hip hop has been a ? . By our own people. So it aint really fair to call out Iggy when others are making bullshyt thats just as damning. Vanilla Ice existed but never took over b/c hip hop was authentic and he couldnt possibly take over while real dudes in that era made music. There was a clear disctnction between posers and the real

But Iggy is such a "threat" now b/c hip hop is a ? and it's legs are open for the taking. There is no more disticntion. Anybody can make a fuking 'in love with the coco' so tha ? kinda sense does it make to say someone is stealing that

Oh and speaking of which! Qtip just dropped a mixtape with Busta, who is a dear friend of his....i wonder if Tip has given that same lesson to Busta or Genasis?

I've been on an IC crusade, crucifying ? like him for years.

However, the issue of our people ? out the culture does not make the issue of white people directly ? it out (Iggy for example) any less of a problem. The later is still more severe. Let's not forget that the shallow content, and buffoonery that is so pronounced in these ? records has been driven by white dollars in many cases.

A Migos , Genasis, or Keef record albeit buffoonery, reflects certain tragic realities or ambitions of the youth. No matter how petty that is, it still in and of itself is more Hip-Hop then anything then Iggy can put together.

Their problem is less of a lack in content, and more so a lack of reverence for the art IE they're laughable skills as an MC.

I hear you...but @ bolded man that sure is a flimsy branch to stand on.

Bc I mean....

670ed1448ae111e392eb0e0553255ac0_8.jpg?w=587

^^^This is a face of "hip hop". So is this bytch worth fightin for? Iggy Azalea' influence is worse than that? I dont hear Iggy on the radio anymore forreal. But i do hear ? , Aitn about the money, lifestyle, etc.

Soooo...eh. whatever. I dont give a ? about this bytch (hip hop). Yall can fight over her but the bytch dead in my eyes (mainstream wise).That ? Q Tip talkin might as well be chinese, sad to say. That 'hip hop is the voice of the opressed' ? . man, what. not anymore. That bytch is dead lol
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    ? and this ? one of my favorite r Rappers smh. What a ?

This is why Jordan never/dont speak on social issues, no matter what u say everybody ain't gonna agree with what you're trying to imply. Whether you agree with it or not is ones opinion. Everybody ain't built like Muhammad Ali.
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly thought The Lonious Monk was a better poster than what he's exposed himself to be in this thread. Quite sad actually.

I can't fault T.I. for getting his money, but at the same time I don't see how shutting the ? up would really hurt his investment. When you cashing in on a ? that calls herself a runaway slave master, it's time to recognize the type of person you dealing with. Get paid still, but if not defending an ignorant culture vulture that's on record saying some racist bs loses you a few dollars somehow then so be it....missing out on a lil extra is definitely worth it for my dignity, but maybe Clifford thinks otherwise.

On another note though, did anybody actually watch the whole HOT97 interview with Ms. Banks?? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like Ebro repeatedly asked her to "put it in the music" or whatever and she basically was like nahhh Ima just talk about it via other platforms (twitter, interviews) and it got to a point when she got kinda ? and was like it's YALL JOB TO FOCUS ON THE MUSIC NOT MINE....I was kinda like WTF at that point maybe I was just misunderstanding lmao but it really came off as though she absolutely refuses to make any kind of socio-politically aware music whatsoever and would rather just continue to do her thing while ranting on twitter and in interviews.

Any thoughts on this?
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol smh that ? Young Thug is still Hip-Hop, despite being an overt troll / ? .

His ? existence speaks to an entirely separate issue with this gimmicky ass youth we've got in 2014.
    Shock value ass ? .