Any of y'all ever had an encounter with aliens or some afterlife ? ?

Options
1235»

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

just come out and say they you are scared because i keep telling you to go prove it for yourself and you keep backing the ? up. You expect demons to be testable under clinical conditions it does not work like that, you want proof you have to test it one your own.

IF ME AND three people are in a room an ? starts to move all by itself, DOORS open and close shoes get thrown around etc etc etc we don't all share the same mind so what's the excuse for that.

If i don't have a dog and i leave my bedroom shut tight and go to the movies and come back and find excrement on my bed then what's the excuse for that.

If multiply people experience the same unexplainable things you can't just blame the mind. if people In the house are being pushed by the same invisible force how the ? are you blaming the mind for that?? does everybody share the same mind??? no
    Power of suggestion. Believing is seeing often times.
    @BiblicalAtheist

if you were a real atheist i would be able to accept your opinion on the matter for what it is, but don't give me this it;s all in the mind ?

"it's all in the mind ? " you got some other places thoughts happen?

You can excuse the thoughts not the actual physical objects that affected multiple people you think it's all in the mind but i don't have your mind so it's not just about you and what you may experience.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can excuse the thoughts not the actual physical objects that affected multiple people you think it's all in the mind but i don't have your mind so it's not just about you and what you may experience.

Yes and it's been proven countless time(unlike the existence of anything your talking about) that even the mere suggestion of something contributes to people's reality. Do you know what that means? That they took a thought and made it their own. And as such and how the mind works, the eyes look out into the world and seek things as evidence to support that thought, either real or imagined.
  • zombie
    Options

Yes and it's been proven countless time(unlike the existence of anything your talking about) that even the mere suggestion of something contributes to people's reality. Do you know what that means? That they took a thought and made it their own. And as such and how the mind works, the eyes look out into the world and seek things as evidence to support that thought, either real or imagined.

what the ? does the suggestion have to do with the actually physical ? /doodoo being on my bed or the broken glass all over the house when their is more glass in the house than we had glass in the house beforehand. what the ? does suggestion have to do with the cuts that we saw people get right in front of our eyes. and took them to get stitches after. Foh not all the people who experience these things are so weak minded
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

what the ? does the suggestion have to do with the actually physical ? /doodoo being on my bed or the broken glass all over the house when their is more glass in the house than we had glass in the house beforehand. what the ? does suggestion have to do with the cuts that we saw people get right in front of our eyes. and took them to get stitches after. Foh not all the people who experience these things are so weak minded

I'm sorry Zombie, I do not accept the things you are saying as actually happening. Unexplainable things happen, but that doesn't automatically mean a ghost or demon did them.
  • zombie
    Options

I'm sorry Zombie, I do not accept the things you are saying as actually happening. Unexplainable things happen, but that doesn't automatically mean a ghost or demon did them.

Ok fine i only asked if you were willing to prove it to yourself, if not then your argument against these things existing and that it's all in the mind is hollow.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2014
    Options
    And I would accept those things can happen if they happened to me, but I think* I would have to believe in ghosts or demons before I saw them. Which brings me back to; believing is seeing often times, which brings me back to, first it begins in the mind.
  • zombie
    edited December 2014
    Options
    And I would accept those things can happen if they happened to me, but I think* I would have to believe in ghosts or demons before I saw them. Which brings me back to; believing is seeing often times, which brings me back to, first it begins in the mind.

i don't know about ghost but you don't have to believe in demons for them to ? with you just like You don't have to believe in a serial killer for one of them to kidnap, ? ,? and then eat you
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

i don't know about ghost but you don't have to believe in demons for them to ? with you just like You don't have to believe in a serial killer for one of them to kidnap, ? ,? and then eat you

A serial killer actually exists, we've even caught them!
  • zombie
    Options

how do you know that maybe it's all a lie you basically just said that unless you experience it you cannot believe it.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2014
    Options

how do you know that maybe it's all a lie you basically just said that unless you experience it you cannot believe it.

It's true, I can only attest to that which I personally have experienced. Unless I for myself saw an elephant I could argue* its all a ruse by the system to get me to believe in them, but my better judgement tells me they prolly do exist.
  • zombie
    Options

It's true, I can only attest to that which I personally have experienced. Unless I for myself saw an elephant I could argue* its all a ruse by the system to get me to believe in them, but my better judgement tells me they prolly do exist.

wonderful, my better judgement tell me that demons exist and we can leave it at that
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this "the mind" cop out is hella weak
  • G.Avant
    Options
    Subscribing to a particular ideology or thought process could never trump actual experience. You arguing "scientific thought" against a bunch of people that done actually experienced supernatural ? repeatedly and even know people who have really done magic. Speaking of "the power of the mind" a demon could slap you in the face 10 times and you'd never believe it because of your ideology. The ? works both ways. You'd be like them ? in the scary movies that refuse to believe until they ass got killed lol. And you still haven't combatted Zombie's point that as soon as a group of people with differing views witness the same ? that the whole "the mind" thing goes out the door. What you got to say to all the people who claim they didn't believe in the concept at all until they wised up when they actually witnessed it?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    What you got to say to all the people who claim they didn't believe in the concept at all until they wised up when they actually witnessed it?

Like a skeptic that has something unexplained happen to him? Ok so this one time...

Mom my died 'bout year and half ago now. 8mths after she died I'm laying in bed around 3-3:30 in the morning and the smoke detector beeped, just once. Never happened before never happened after. Now the weird thing is it happened exactly on what would be my mom's birthday, and before she died I told her, 'if there is a place you go when you die and you're okay, let me know!! do something, idk what you could do but do something'.

Do I think it was my mom letting me know she was okay? I would like to, I really would and sometimes I pretend it was by her doing because after checking out the detector there is no other explanation. But it didn't make me a believer in ghosts, just reiterating unexplainable ? happens.

I'm not saying I'm right, I always assume I'm 'temporarily right' because things have a way of evolving or expanding beyond the current. But at this moment, I have no reason to adjust my stance currently, that is not to stay I wouldn't ever change my mind.

This is from the Spirits thread:
    Sometimes I talk as if I have a soul or a spirit but I really try and stick to things that can be verified. This kinda puts me in an awkward position because we can't even verify the mind. We all agree we have one, and use it and it is an existing thing, but no one can really 'find' it.
  • G.Avant
    Options
    What you got to say to all the people who claim they didn't believe in the concept at all until they wised up when they actually witnessed it?

Like a skeptic that has something unexplained happen to him? Ok so this one time...

Mom my died 'bout year and half ago now. 8mths after she died I'm laying in bed around 3-3:30 in the morning and the smoke detector beeped, just once. Never happened before never happened after. Now the weird thing is it happened exactly on what would be my mom's birthday, and before she died I told her, 'if there is a place you go when you die and you're okay, let me know!! do something, idk what you could do but do something'.

Do I think it was my mom letting me know she was okay? I would like to, I really would and sometimes I pretend it was by her doing because after checking out the detector there is no other explanation. But it didn't make me a believer in ghosts, just reiterating unexplainable ? happens.

I'm not saying I'm right, I always assume I'm 'temporarily right' because things have a way of evolving or expanding beyond the current. But at this moment, I have no reason to adjust my stance currently, that is not to stay I wouldn't ever change my mind.

This is from the Spirits thread:
    Sometimes I talk as if I have a soul or a spirit but I really try and stick to things that can be verified. This kinda puts me in an awkward position because we can't even verify the mind. We all agree we have one, and use it and it is an existing thing, but no one can really 'find' it.

No disrespect to your anecdote about your mom and everything but that example was a lil more trivial than what had in mind. I was talking about repeatedly seeing apparitions and things like that. Blatant ? that gets real hard to deny if it happens.

But I see what you saying if you realize that you're basing your opinion off of the current scientific construct and realize that things could completely change.
    [/quote]

Psyche=Soul??
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I was talking about repeatedly seeing apparitions and things like that. Blatant ? that gets real hard to deny if it happens.

But I see what you saying if you realize that you're basing your opinion off of the current scientific construct and realize that things could completely change.

Psyche=Soul??

Do you think the mind is powerful enough to manifest apparitions and stuff? *Or at least trick us into thinking we are seeing those things? even if we say we don't want to see them.

Of course; energy cannot be created or destroyed, that we know of yet!

Nvm about that part(soul/spirit), I got mixed up in that other thread.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Meroe wrote: »
    I don't remember mentioning aliens at all. Or Being Involved in a conversation about aliens. Mind Referring me to said post? @janklow
    replace "aliens" with whatever you like, really

• geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yes, aliens do exist and we are able to communicate with them. I was sleeping at my fathers house, and it was a light sleep. I don't know how to explain it, but it was like I was asleep and awake at the same time. I was conscious that I was in the dream world.
    so I told my third eye to vibrate me into another dimension.

There I met a Brown skinned, insect faced, lobster skinned interdimensional being. The only way I can describe him is cell from Dragon Ball Z.you could say he was a lizard man, like reptile from Mortal Kombat.

DBZ_Stuff___Cell_by_Belegurx.jpg

And that mother ? had some type of mental vibration that scanned my entire body from toe to hair strands. There was no communication other than him saying "yeah ? I see you right there trying to sneak through my interdimensional doorway. Don't you watch the Land of the Lost?we are not to be trusted!"

20140903100431!MK4_Reptile.png

my heart was beating through my chest when I woke up
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yes, aliens do exist and we are able to communicate with them. I was sleeping at my fathers house, and it was a light sleep. I don't know how to explain it, but it was like I was asleep and awake at the same time. I was conscious that I was in the dream world.
    so I told my third eye to vibrate me into another dimension.

There I met a Brown skinned, insect faced, lobster skinned interdimensional being. The only way I can describe him is cell from Dragon Ball Z.you could say he was a lizard man, like reptile from Mortal Kombat.

DBZ_Stuff___Cell_by_Belegurx.jpg

And that mother ? had some type of mental vibration that scanned my entire body from toe to hair strands. There was no communication other than him saying "yeah ? I see you right there trying to sneak through my interdimensional doorway. Don't you watch the Land of the Lost?we are not to be trusted!"

20140903100431!MK4_Reptile.png

my heart was beating through my chest when I woke up

LMAO damn creepy but funny