King Los Calls Jay Z And Andre 3000 The Last 'Lyrically Incredible Mainstream Rappers'

Options
2»

Comments

• Ilike2get baked
    Ilike2get baked Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like 3k and Hova but the issue is that 3k spits flames on Appearances and Jay, at least recently just does business ventures. I'm curious to know why he didn't drop names that have spit games in the past as well as now. Maybe he needs to go listen to Queens Story off LIG or just listen to the whole 36 Seasons. Nas and Ghost STILL have it. But I guess from his pov they just ain't mainstream enough
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't call Jay "amazing" and does Andre even rap anymore?
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nas isn't mainstream, he's a throwback to the "genre" star. Common and Ghostface damn sure aren't mainstream. Common only has one gold album. Jay-z And Andre 3000 are global superstars.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    I believe Lupe can go toe to toe with anybody ever lyrically. That includes Everybody.

tumblr_mun3v4HdfP1s5tztao1_r2_500.gif
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Double post but I need to know how Big Boi feels about this.
    Not specifically Los opinion but in general.

Stacks get all the praise and ? treat Big like he was on some Flavor Flav ? .
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Andre is over rated word to "hey yall"....ill put kendrick up there and maybe j.cole but im not sure what his album sells are.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL at ya'll get mad at dudes opinion. Andre is not overrated, if anything Big Boi is underrated.

Like is said before, the reason why Dre is special is because he hits you with knowledge/conscious raps but it doesn't come off as preachy like most conscious rappers. When he raps it's always something thought provoking and it's entertaining at the same time. Do you know how hard that is. When dudes like Lupe, Talib, and even Nas does that, it's not as entertaining imo.
  • mohamed
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    LOL at ya'll get mad at dudes opinion. Andre is not overrated, if anything Big Boi is underrated.

Like is said before, the reason why Dre is special is because he hits you with knowledge/conscious raps but it doesn't come off as preachy like most conscious rappers. When he raps it's always something thought provoking and it's entertaining at the same time. Do you know how hard that is. When dudes like Lupe, Talib, and even Nas does that, it's not as entertaining imo.

Until i see he can hold down an album on his own...im sticking with my statement

• saracenwire
    Options
    I completely forgot about kendrick. So his point is invalid.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick nor J Cole are amazing lyricist.
  • saracenwire
    Options
    GSonII wrote: »

Who brought up J-cole? Only the biggest hater would say Kendrick isn't a great lyricist.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Who brought up J-cole? Only the biggest hater would say Kendrick isn't a great lyricist.

What makes Kendick a great lyricist and not Cole?

What is lyricism?

Why is a thread regarding something a rapper w/o a album said?
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cant get mad at what dude is saying. he is not saying that there arent lyrical rappers out there. he is looking at the big picture and saying jay and dre have captured all audiences. the hood ? ...the scholars...the suburbs..etc...thats what he wants to do. no hip hop head would ever say nas isnt one of the best lyrically but nas hasnt captured pop culture like some other dudes. em did it but he white. wayne did it but he aint as nice. maybe kanye?
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ..YALL NGAS NEVVVVVVVVER WANNA GIVE 3 STACKS HIS PROPS

SOLO OR NOT, THAT ? IS A TOP TIER MC!!!

AND HE'S APART OF THE GOAT RAP GROUP
  • mohamed
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

What is lyricism?

No one said cole wasnt a great lyricist just not on kendricks level

ie; cole could never do a rigamortis

• texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

he aint...
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    Nas and Eminem should slap the ? out this ?

Nas blew up before Jay Z so maybe he just means he feels like they were the last.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick and J Cole are still on their way up to getting to the level of Hov and 3 stacks. Kendrick has 1 world shaking album in GKMC while i ? with section 80 that didn't shake everything up. Cole 3 albums in is just starting to show with this last album what he can truly be post mixtape come up.

If cole continues to rise and kendrick knocks it out the park with another album that impacts everyone in the hip hop community then we can add them. But despite these young cats success they still need to continue to prove their consistency.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mohamed wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »

What is lyricism?

No one said cole wasnt a great lyricist just not on kendricks level

ie; cole could never do a rigamortis

Lmaoo ok

There is nothing Kendrick does lyrically that sets him apart from Cole

Question still stands

What is lyricism ????
  • usmarin3
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ? be acting like Cole don't be going in. Tell me that ? don't be spitting with ? like Beautiful Bliss, Black Grammy's, Looking for Trouble, Jodeci,etc where he continuously outshine his peers.
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If these lyrics Jay currently putting out is considered top-tier, then the game is all types of ? up.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Andre 2000 Eryka Badu ? his brain made him weird, Jay z needs to give Calvin Klein his face back
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    If these lyrics Jay currently putting out is considered top-tier, then the game is all types of ? up.

We made it, devil is a lie, and seen it all are three of the best verses this year.